K2box HD

Silver Member
Username: Koko_wawa

Post Number: 525
K2HD Review

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Not sure where to post this as I don't see a K2 forum, if it is in the wrong place please feel free to move it.

K2HD Review by undergroundme

Here is my initial review of the new K2HD receiver. The receiver is sleek, measuring approx. 11"wide X 9" deep X 2" tall. It is black with scrolling blue LCD display. It also has a door on the front, which conceals the USB port as well as future slots for cards, etc.

The rear has a LNB in, Loop out ports, as well as a "hole" to allow for the future installation of another tuner. It has one set of COMPONENT cable outputs, the standard analog video and audio outputs, a HDMI output, Svideo output, a RS232 port, a built in ethernet port., on/off switch

The menus are primarily in black/grey/white and are rather stark and somewhat sparse. The menus are easy to navigate and ease of use was an obvious consideration. The setup is rather straightforward and simple. Once your locked onto a signal the name of the satellite appears in the upper right corner. Scanning is a little slower than the PRO & plus models but is effective. For "TEST" purposes only I decide to see what the results of a scan of 110/119 were it achieved in less than 5 minutes a total of 599 TV stations and 141 Radio stations.

There is no option for network settings as the receiver, once the ethernet cord was plugged in, immediately, and without any input from me, detected the network and connected automatically. If you push the BLUE remote button your network settings are displayed. I was able to then use the weather forecaster function to receive the weather for my local town. This is a huge improvement over the hubs and having to play with settings etc. this will eliminate 90% of connection problems users experienced with the Khubs.

The picture quality using the HDMI connected to a 42" LCD even on a SD channel is amazing. At the time of this writing I have not been able to get a HD module to test any of the HD channels, but if the SD channel quality is any indication this receiver will surpass most people's expectations as the SD quality rivals or perhaps even surpassed that of my SV 8000 on a HD channel to the same tv.

Over all, there are still some minor bugs to be dealt with in terms of the software bins, but I am sure the coders will deal with these as further bins are produced. I would definitely recommend this receiver to anyone, and with the current price point it is cheaper than the nFusion HD, (without the hassle of the private server), and the bin appears much more stable than that of the SV. I have noted within 10 hours of testing no freezing issues as yet on any of the SD channels.

Yet another winner from those at Kbox.

I hope this helps those who are considering if this is a receiver they may want to try out

Silver Member
Username: Ei_toro_the_great

Post Number: 128
Manufacturer: KBox
Part #: KBox K2HD
Availability: Limited Qty
Est. Ship: 3-5 Days
Regular Price: $429.99
SALE PRICE: $329.99

KBOX HD TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
SYSTEM
DVB-S and DVB-S2 Compliant
MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
Stereo, 2Ch Downmix, MPEG-4 HE-AAC
Dolby Digital Surround
Full-Screen, Pan & Scan, 16:9 and 4:3
NTSC and PAL Support
Maximum 10,000 Channels Programmable
Blind Search Capable
DiSEqC 1.2 and USALS Motor Controls
I/O http://www.shop4fta.com/kbox-k2-extreme-black-panther-xtream-fta-receiver.php

Upload

Username: Crispy_fry

Post Number: 6
c / p

K2hd 8psk compatibility,

KBox HD module, (should be available sometime next week at "selected dealers")

VS 9000V2 module, (NOT the module for the VSMAX, but for the VS 9000)

nFusion SK900V Module.

The latter two can be found, (If you look hard enough), Just ensure if you are getting one or already have one the VS module is the V2 as the V3 can cause "some" freezing issues.

So if you already have the nFusion or the VS9000 modules then you're good to go
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us