VS Ultra: 119 signal quality blinks

Username: Noob_with_an_rs

Post Number: 6
..and 110 signal quality is constantly at zero.

Im using a dishpro LNB on a dish500 and I get about 70 on the signal meter on 110/119. When setting up 119, the Quality meter goes up to about 80 and then all the way down to 0 a couple of times a second so its practically blinking, 0 to 80. When searching for 110 the quality is zero and stays at zero. My antenna setup is as follows:

LNB Power: on
LNB Type:-OCS-DP
LnB Freq: 11250
22 KHZ: off
Tp Freq: 12224
Diseqc 1.0: Port 1
Motor: off
Legacy SW: None

LNB Type:-OCS-DP
Diseqc 1.0: Port 2

however, if i switch 110 DisqESC to PORT 2 i get a similar quality reading to 119 (it blinks while jumping from 0 to 80 rapidly).. whats wrong? i can only assume two things:

1) i checked the mast with a bubble level and found that my dad didnt mount the mast PERFECTLY level.. on one side its vertical but the opposite side is a little off. do i need to re-mount?

2) i bought the dish 500 and DP LNB used... so maybe the LNB could be bad??

hopefully number 1 or 2 is the culprit and that's it... anyoen have any ideas??

Post Number: 7
Im using a dishpro LNB on a dish500 and I get about 70 on the signal meter on 110/119. When setting up 119, the Quality meter goes up to about 80 and then all the way down to 0 a couple of times a second so its practically blinking, 0 to 80. When searching for 110 the quality is zero and stays at zero. My antenna setup is as follows:

LNB TypeCS-DP
Diseqc 1.0: Port 1

LNB TypeCS-DP
Diseqc 1.0: Port 2

however, if i switch 110 DisqESC to PORT 3 i get a similar quality reading to 119 (it blinks while jumping from 0 to 80 rapidly).. whats wrong? i can only assume two things:

1) i checked the mast with a bubble level and found that my dad didnt mount the mast PERFECTLY level.. on one side its vertical but the opposite side is a little off. do i need to re-mount?

2) i bought the dish 500 and DP LNB used... so maybe the LNB could be bad??

hopefully number 1 or 2 is the culprit and that's it... anyoen have any ideas??

Post Number: 8
how do i edit my first post.. its suppose to say when i change 110 to PORT 3 it gets a blinking Quality reading

Silver Member
Username: Runnerguy

Pluto

Post Number: 111
you just did

Gold Member
Username: Satscanner

Beaversbush, Sportsmans P... Great White ...

Post Number: 1076
That happened to me before too,Solved it by reflashing the latest bin using serial port/cable.

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 546
I do believe or guess there is something between Twin DP LNBs, some VuSat bins, and 118.75 interfering with 119. flashing and/or freezing
Especially when performing blind scan.

If you are not an expert installer don't do blind scan "F2".
Just do Chan Sat Scan "F1" you'll get most of the channels from preset Transponders.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us