Freezing on echostar 7

Username: Itchyboo

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 1
I have a VS plat with the latest bin. I can't seem to get rid of the freezing of channels on the echostar7 sat. I can't get my espn stations and it pissing me off. HELP!

Gold Member
Username: Prfrmnj

Post Number: 1251
Carlo - Do you have .pgm 070111 installed? Last but not lest, what is your setup. You need to provide more information.
-What's your setup?
-Are you running a Switch?
-What's your latest .pgm installed on the receiver?
-What type of Dish?
-What type of LNBs?

Do you see where I'm going here?

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 2
Sorry,I running the DBPSW-061213Ppgm
- Yes, running a switch
- Dual dishes (drtv)
- Kind of lnbs I am not sure
I also feeding a couple of tvs of the one system.
- Using a channel list someone made (totalfta)

Silver Member
Username: Hawaiian_time

Hawaii

Post Number: 770
First you need to update your bin. Get the new bin at Total.

Silver Member

Hawaii

Post Number: 771
With the bin that you have, try turning off the auto roll after it finds the new keys.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1256
Carlo - Hawaiian just gave you the solution. That bin freezes. You need to load 070111 and problem solved. And yes, get it at Future-FTA or any of the sites listed in the thread "Reputable DSS Sites".

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 3
just loaded the 070111 fix and problem still exist.

Silver Member

Hawaii

Post Number: 774
Is it happening to all of the channels or only a few? How is your signal strength?

Miami, Fl Usa

Post Number: 4
its happening to all of the channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1277
Carlo:

What switch are you using?
What other STB or Receivers are you using?
And have you checked your antena alignment?

Silver Member
Username: Crazy_greek

Post Number: 409

Hey PR
A question for you.
Can you tell me who is in charge or
who is The Judge that Rates these
REPUTABLE DSS SITES?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1281
A sites reputation is based on a lot of things. We (meaning the ones who've been here the longest) normally go to these sites and/or do a little research to find out if (and this is the big one) they have had any legal issues to where their members have been exposed.. The second thing we look for is how reliable are their files. When the files are coming directly from the coder to the site, he's obviously determines that it is a safe site. Other sites download these files and then load them to theirs.

But the biggest thing here is the reputation established by that site. Remembers what we are doing here! Do you really want to trust a site that just went up and you know nothing about?

Silver Member

Post Number: 411

Hey PR
To answer your question. No I agree.
But on the other hand, this is America
everyone deserves a chance.
How did these DSS SITES became Reputable
if at first weren't given a chance?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1286
Kevin - I agree. That's why we always say they are to new! That doesn't mean that in time they wont become reputable, but we (and I really mean all of us) should be careful and if we are looking for something fast, then stick with what has worked in the past.

Silver Member

Post Number: 413

Hey Carlo
now to your question like PR said
you will need to align your Dish.
Most of the time is a Dish alignment.
Check it Out.

Bronze Member
Username: Eatfish111

Post Number: 67
latest files and keys and usefull guides at
http://ftamorvex.com/index.php

free registration

Silver Member
Username: Tapeman

Post Number: 390
Guys
VUSat users
regardless what BIN PGM you got
A lot of bugs like crazy
But best of the worst is 070111 1/11/07

Not only they freez it won't let you do blind scan on 110 and/or 119

Gold Member

Post Number: 1292
King - This must be only on your receiver. I installed that update and I have had no problems with doing Bling Sans as I did one yesterday to update my channels.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1293
King - I'm going to read at the other sites to see if this is happening to everyone! But I know both of mine are working fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 417

Hey PR
You said that you did a blind scan yesterday to update your channels.Let me ask you this,
when I do a scan I lose all my new satellites and
the new TPs that I had added. Have you ever heard or read where there is any software or a receiver that could save certain things when you do a
Factory Setting? I guess that Iam beating on a dead horse.

BTW not to change the subject, it can't be on King's receiver, he has said many times that he only has pay subscription.

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
- Kavin it can be done but it requires careful programming via flashing I won't recommend it

Trust me guys all most recent viewsat BIN PGM got bugs in their assembly programming. I see corrections back and forth daily. they are entering wrong memory locations causing instant freezing in varies features

Gold Member

Post Number: 1295
King - I've been all over the place and don't see what it is you are talking about. However I will say that they have had updates on 12/13/06 - 12/20/20 and the latest 01/11/07. I only loaded 01/11/07 because it was there not because I needed it, but because I wanted to test it out and it's been working fine.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1296
King - If you have seen the info elswhere, do a cut and paste and share the info, but I've been to quite a few sites. I have not visitied Total (which is probably where I should have started), but so far nothing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 394
I only view certain assembly language discussions
No one will have a clue what they are talking about without machine language
This is why I say trust me
It is got bugs (maybe minor)
Why would I post false claims?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1297
King - That's pretty presumptuous of you to state that, but I'm not even going there!

I only view certain assembly language discussions
No one will have a clue what they are talking about without machine language

Not to mention you original post said:

VUSat users
regardless what BIN PGM you got
A lot of bugs like crazy
But best of the worst is 070111 1/11/07

So I'm sort of lost now. Which one is it "Lots of bugs" or "Minor bugs". Or maybe it's a lot of minor bugs? Just trying to figure out what it is you are saying.

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
you are right I think I might of confused you a little
I was trying various things to load PowerVu as FTA
It was freezing on me like crazy

If people don't mess with it like I did
They maybe minor bugs to it
But believe me every time it frooze on me I had to restat over 20 times. It didn't freeze on me on regular 110/119 only when I tried blind scan

In assembly language
If a programmer puts a wrong memory address location or wrong op code instruction the microprocessor does not respond to the command this is what causes receiver to freeze.
I happend to google and yahoo varies forums with discussions on assembly one programmer correcting another with memory op code. It will only make sense to someone who knows assembly langauge (machine language) used by microprocessor. It won't be the typical forum that anyone visit you told me once about electronics.

So to get everyone squared with this they me be few minor bugs for VUSat new bin 070111 no biggie but by far better than any auto roll at present time

I apologize if I confused you
King

Gold Member

Post Number: 1306
King - Thanks

I do understand what you are talking about as far as the Assembly Language. These are erros that affect the area they address for example:

The 12/13/06 pgm file had an error which would cause it to freez when you tried to delete channels. This was later addressed and fixed with the 12/20/06 pgm file since it was being updated because of the key stream issue (the one everyone calls key morphing..).

Thanks for clarifying.

Peace out!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us