Unreliable DiSEqC switch?

Bronze Member
Username: As400

Post Number: 42
OK guys, I did a lot of reading and I have a headache now - I need help...
I blind scanned 110 119 and 148 independently.
110 = DiSEqC #1 (DISH500 w dual LNBFs / LNB110)
119 = DiSEqC #2 (DISH500 w dual LNBFs / LNB119)
148 = DiSEqC #3 (DirecTV single duo LNB)
Independently all birds scanned fine and channels were showing fine. Over 600 channels with hardly any repeats. Pretty amazing huh?

In the setup screen I have
Echo8.6
DiSEqC #1

Echo7
DiSEqC #2

Echo1/2
DiSEqC #3

Like I said... connecting one cable at a time into the DiSEqC switch works fine. The problem is when I connect all 3 cables, I can only see channels from one bird.
If I power off / reboot my Pansat 2700A I can see the other bird whatever the one comes back working with. Its random.
SETUP: Pansat 2700A bin 121
Dish500 with dual duo LNBFs for Echo678
DTV single duo LNB for Echo1/2
DiSEqC Pansat switch that came with the unit in the box.
If someone already had the solution in another thread please forgive me and kindly indicate the link. I probably missed it.

Regards,
IBM

Anonymous

the problem is u have to unplug the rceivers AC before u connect the disqe switch...the receiver detects the first connection only

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
Thank you Anonymous

In other words, if I have all 3 LNBs connected to the switch right now, power off, unplug the ird from the wall for 2~3 minutes and plug it back in, it will work as I need it to work?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
Unplugging from the wall did not work, I still don't see all channels from all 3 birds. Right now only Echo8.6 channels are showing on screen.. the other bird channels are "No Signal!" on screen.
Should I remove the switch config from each sat, erase all channels, direct wire each LNB at a time and blind-scan the respective bird rebooting between birds, THEN... program each switch port number, power off the unit... add the DiseqC switch and finally power it back on?

Thanks
IBM

Anonymous

this should of worked, it is possible you shorted out your disq switch, while connecting with power to the receiver.Disconnect everything and connect each lnb 1 at a time using only port 1.check the signal....yes delete all chs. If you are aimed properly you should have all birds...you must unplug the receiver everytime you connect or disconnect cables....After you have good signal from each bird individually...unplug AC reset config for each port...rescan. If you still cannot get all birds once youve done this,the switch is probably bad

Letmeon
Unregistered guest
Check antenna setup menu. turn off 22Khz.
each satellite should have corresponding switch number.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
22Khz is been off since the begining.
Seems I have a bad switch.
I remove the diseqc setup on all 3 sats (OFF)
powered off the unit
wired each LNB direct to the box one at a time blind scanning and rebooting before the next scan was done.
powered off again
powered on and programed DiseqC ports for each sat where #1=Echo8.6 #2=Echo7 #3=Echo1.2
powered off again
unplugged from the wall
connected the diseqC switch to the unit
connected each LNB to the respective switch port
powered the unit on again.
still only able to see one bird.. echo8.6
or sometimes echo7
echo1.2 never... the one on port 3
So since the Pansat DiseqC switch seems bad... I have here a dish Multi-dish switch SW44 by Videopath (4200)... can I use this switch?

IBM

Bronze Member
Username: Thrill_is_gay

Post Number: 15
who fcuking cares?...ROTF

Eye B End
Unregistered guest
Phuck You IBM! You C0ck SucKER motha cu#t lick my a55hole b!tch!! You phucking waste of skin. I spit in da face of people who are not c00l! You phucking pu$$Y!!!!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
your words speak of what's in your hearts - try school and college 1st, then try again, perhaps you both can write something smart?
----
anyway, I'm running a new blind-scan, this time with only with 110W and 119W - got 148 out of the picture for now. I'm trying a new approach seeing if the Diseqc sw will handle 2 birds`

BTW... the SW44 switch doesn't work with my pansat.

IBM

Eye B End
Unregistered guest
@IBM

"Your words speak of what's in your hearts" Phuck you're a wimp. Where's your balls son? or should i call you daughter? Pu$$y!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 47
if you cant understand what I meant by that you have an IQ of a snail...
----
Regards,
IBM

poor soul
Unregistered guest
have your diseqc (regular 4x1 sw) CLOSER TO YOUR RECEIVER, I say ... a foot. I had this kind of problem before. Just hook up all lines to diseqc, changing 22khz and transp. accordingly, scan each satelite as normal.

It worked for me.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
I will do that poor soul. I also saw a thread where Jane Lan did that and it worked for her. I will post the results later. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Thill1951akalk

Post Number: 835
I have read that as a fix surprisingly, many times at various sites..good luck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 49
thill1951 thank you, I respect too your posts... in the mean time, you or anyone knows of a better switch that will work near the dish rather than inside the house close to the receiver?

Anonymous

IBM your switch should always be close to your dish... within 4'. How far was it from the dish? JUst assummed you knew this. Maybe this is your problem and not the swich at all.Any 4x disq switch willwork. Try ebay or even your local buy&sell.Ratshack has them but way over priced. shouldn't pay more than $10 for one. goodluck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 50
My switch was over 20 ft away from the box... actually it was seating at the dish site. I moved the switch inside the house bringing one more cable in for the 2nd lnb. It works now!
Thanks all that attempted to help.

SOLUTION FOR THIS THREAD:
Moving the DiseqC switch near the receiver.

IBM

Eye B End
Unregistered guest
yo mama loves to suck c0ck

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
Eye B End the unregistered guest:
My mother passed away years ago and is kids like you that take things for granted and don't know what life is all about with nothing better to do that degrade the image of these forums. MORON.
---------------

PROBLEM:
My switch was over 20 ft away from the box... actually it was seating at the dish site. I moved the switch inside the house bringing one more cable in for the 2nd lnb. It works now!
Thanks all that attempted to help.

SOLUTION FOR THIS THREAD:
Moving the DiseqC switch near the receiver.

IBM
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us