How to scan satellite 148 from Dishnetwork on MegaSat?

Bronze Member
Username: Aam

Post Number: 20
I am trying to get channels from 148 satellite of Dishnetwork, but don't know which one to select on my MegaSat receiver's under satellite setup. Currently I am receiving channels from 119 satellite which is all American channels, 148 satellite carries International channels plus the Cricket matches which I would like to get.....Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

Silver Member
Username: H3lt3r_sk3lt3r

Post Number: 687
What kind of dish do you have? Because that's quiet a pull from 119 to 148.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 21
Dish 500. Currently I have Echostar 6.8 & Echostar 7 selected in the receiver and that's giving me all the American Channels but I have been told that International channels are through 148. I do have 2 dishes on the roof one is facing the direction towards the American channels and the other is solely for the International channels.

Silver Member

Post Number: 693
@am

So what's the problem, I don't understand, can't you align the second dish to 148 and go from there?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Its not named the same in the menu of the receiver. For example 119 comes up as Echostar 6.8 etc. 119 and 110 are for American channels and 148 is for International and the PPV Cricket matches.

Silver Member

Post Number: 696
@am

this is insane,

Echo6/8 = 110
Echo 7 = 119
Echo 1/2 = 148

I know that 119 and 110 is for american channels and that 148 is for international and locals as well as 61.5 and 121, WHAT IS YOUR POINT? why can't you just scan 148 (ECHO1/2)?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
That's what I wanted to find out, Echo 1.2 is what you probably meant right? Hey thanks for all your help.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 26
I tried Echo 1/2 but no luck, getting duplicated channels from 6.8. I read it on another thread here that the South Asian channels are available on 121, is that true? if so how do I select that on the receiver. thanks in advance.

Silver Member

Post Number: 699
echo9, do some basic reading, lyngsat .com

Bronze Member

Post Number: 29
Thanks again for your help....I check the menu but echo 9 is not one of the options in the setup menu. Is there a way to upload it into the receiver? Plus would I have to do something with repositioning the dish?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us