Alpine Type R Ported Box

Username: Omair8

Post Number: 1
Hey guys. I've got 2 Alpine SWR-1241D's which are the old 300 RMS versions and i will be putting them in a ported box. Now the specs for this sub say 0.75-1.75 cu ft per sub. This will be going in a 97 eclipse (hatch + i don't got a whole ton of room). So what size should the box be for both in total and what frequency should the box be tuned to? Ive searched the forums and i found a lot of different sizes and tuning frequencies, i'm just not sure which to go with? Thanks!

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2966
You could probably get away with as small as 2-2.25cuft tuned to 32-35hz. An ideal box would probably be closer to 3cuft tho tuned around the same.

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2967
Also...

Welcome.

Post Number: 2
2-2.5 cu ft per sub? I think i can only fit 3.5 Cu ft for both together and thats not counting sub displacement.

And Thanks!

Gold Member

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2972
No that is for both subs. That version of type R doesnt need the biggest box, but if you can get ~3cuft after port and sub displacement you will be in good shape.

Post Number: 3
Oh okay, cuz right now i got them in a 2.3 cu ft ported box but it was tuned too high (40Hz) and that 2.3 cu ft is before the sub displacement and port.

So i think im going to go and try 3.5 cu ft without sub and port displacement.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us