OT: Opinions on a Saab?

Silver Member
Username: Tycoonbob

Ky USA

Post Number: 205
So I still have yet to get a new car, and I will be buying one here within the next few weeks, paying cash in full, for the car I get. So I am still unsure what to get, been looking at a few like:
2004-2006 Cadillac CTS
2004-2007 Audi A4
2004-2007 Saab 9-3
2004-2007 Volvo S40
2008 Nissan Rogue
2008 Mitsubishi Pathfinder

Yeah, so I know I am going to get a lot of different opinions about the cars I have just listed. What I want is something with decent room, not top MPG but decent, as in 30ish on the highway. Looking for luxery-ish vehicle, notice the saab, audi, caddy, volvo, and also been looking at used lexus is300 and is 250. But I have been looking more into the saab 9-3 sedan, 2.0T probably...not sure on the exact trim, but was wonder if anyone here owns or has driven a saab, heard anything, etc. Arn't they now owned by GM? Just wanting some insight, and yeah I know maintance will be higher than normal, but it would on any of these cars. Wanting to keep the price below 22K-ish.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO / ASU

Post Number: 2964
One of my boys has a saab. They are nice but if you have to get anything fixed on them its crazy expensive. Out of the list i would probably go with the A4, its a classy car.

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 927
well to be fair.. like you said, repairs on any of those cars is going to be pretty costly. However, i totally back jake in his first choice, i'd definatley go with the A4. I love audi's. One of my friends has one and it's just a great, well rounded car. I do like saab's too, however can't offer much insight into them unfortunately

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4194
2008 Mitsubishi Pathfinder

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2187
Hmm when did Mitsu start making Pathfinders?

Bronze Member
Username: Cd5honda96

OR United States

Post Number: 38
of your list my first choice would be the A4, and my next would be the pathfinder

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4195
I would get the Pathfinder hands down. Not only is Nissan/Infiniti/Renault making some of the best cars out there right now but your subwoofer options and SQ will be much better.

Bronze Member
Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 17
My friend had a saab it ran forever. The car rusted out b4 the engine died. but it was expensive to fix when it did break. Me personally I'm a caddy man so go for the CTS youll never regret it!!!

Username: Grayalien

Post Number: 2
the newer saab 9-3s are rebadged subaru wrx's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us