OT amish

Bronze Member
Username: Vt_ahole

USA

Post Number: 74
I watched a show on abc last night about amish kids running away from home to join regular american lifestyles. one of the kids actually put those dual pre-boxed crappy subs along with a couple speakers in his buggy... pulled by a horse... hilarious. i wonder what kind of alternator he has on that thing.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshead4life

Iowa

Post Number: 15
rofl

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4071
lmfao, i gotta see this.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 75
http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/Story?id=5195105&page=2

half way down the page

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 76
i still dont know how he hooked it up

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1735
That was actually pretty interesting. I think that would be too hard of a decision choosing between family and freedom, choosing between something so new and great or something you've known for a long time.

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 77
yea the show was pretty good. i think that its a series so it'll probably be on again. the kids are all kinda strange tho... i think its because the amish community has been inbreeding since they split from catholicism. one of the kids ended up going to jail less than a year after leaving for lighting a buggy on fire lol

Gold Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Alpine ida-x001/2 dd 2..., Woodlawn Por... USA

Post Number: 1960
Yea I live in PA and the amish community is shocking like the first time I saw them I was like wow they really live like this??? No shoes, no electricty or cars I dnt understand why they live tht way I mean I kno tradition and religion and culture but why lol?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Post Number: 2521
i saw that on abc! lol. i have no idea how he powers that sh!t on his buggy...

Silver Member
Username: Dsmith07

NC Http://com4....

Post Number: 848
http://gizmodo.com/5019871/if-this-is-amish-ill-take-it

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 88
lol thats it! can you run that off just a battery?

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2099
HEy JayZ, I went to Interc0urse, PA and seen some of them as well. Pretty wild.

Kevin

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17228
I travel frequently through PA to Pittsburgh. Lancaster is a beautiful place if you're into manure and farms and manure and Amish and more manure. The new order Amish aren't as sheltered as they once were. You can see them in turnpike rest stops. They take buses and trips like most everyone else. They also wear shoes lol. They're an interesting group. The men will never be seen holding a child and the women are forbidden to show any leg.

The old order Amish are the ones who take zero public or government assistance and still farm using horse and buggy. No electricity or phones. The men are clean shaven until married, then a beard is allowed but no mustache. Their education stops at 8th grade. It goes on and on...

Bronze Member

USA

Post Number: 90
I think they are really interesting people. I see a lot of them when i drive to visit my aunt up in Perry County, PA (1 stop light and no local cops in the whole county). Best workmanship in building sheds i've ever seen.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 17230
They take nothing, they ask for nothing. They self educate and bother nobody. Gotta admire that.

Silver Member
Username: Qslimms

Swanton, Oh Usa

Post Number: 135
i been threw lancaster and seen them a few times it was crazy cuz tourists were taking their pictures and the one older guy got mad.I was like thats crazy people snapping their pictures like they were animals at the zoo or something
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us