Help!

Gold Member
Username: Spivey17323

Dunellen, New jersey 15 inch Alph...

Post Number: 1558
ok so i picked up that jensen touch screen dvd/cd today and it wont power on. there are two cords i dont know where to put though and im thinking that might be why. there is a green/white cord that says reverse+ on the wiring diagrame and a pink cord that says parking brake- where the f*ck do i hook these up to. and if they arent hooked up is it possible for the headunit to still power up? if thats not my problem what else could be? everthing else is in place. sum1 let me know. thanks guys

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21448
it should turn on regardless of those wires. double check your other connections. like your acc cable and the power cable. stick a dmm on the power wire to make sure you are getting power.

i am assuming the reverse+ is for when you have a rear camera. you put your car in reverse and that triggers the camera to come on.

the parking brake cable is so that the dvd don't play unless your parking break is on. there are ways to bi-pass this.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

I compensate...

Post Number: 8279
=/

Did you read the wiring diagram that the HU came with or do you not have it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1559
yea i read that i did exactly howw it said. hmmm. ummm. do you think it could be one of the fuses in my car?

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2175
Not positive but I think the parking brake wire needs to be hooked up or it wont turn on. Its a safty feature but like Chad said there are ways to bypass that. Correct me if Im wrong.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1561
that wire confises me though. like where would you put it? i dont get it. tie it around the f*ckin actualy break lmao jp seriously though where?

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21457
josh my indash turns on with just the power, acc, and the ground. so should yours. the parking brake thing is only for watching dvd's. listening to radio and other stuff shouldn't matter.

get on aim bro and explain in more details. my sn name is aprevo15

Gold Member
Username: Joebruce

TC Sounds/DLS

Post Number: 2176
Maybe it taps into a wire that controls the brake? I dunno really. Should be explained in the manual. Im pretty sure thats why its not coming on though.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1562
thanks chadster :-) and twisted. ill have an update for you guys on it 2morrow and tell you all how i like the jensen if it works.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1563
ok so cahd called it. it works lol did some things he told me to do and what do ya know it powered on. ill have it fully installed 2morrow and let you guys know what i think of it.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 488
what is the model? j/c

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 275
Did you ground the pink wire? You should ground it so that you can watch movies and vids while driving. I know a few people running that jensen and they all ground the pink wire.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1565
theres also i bypass code that i know already. so you wouldnt have to even hook the pink up. but anyway. i did some things and i realized im not getting any power through the yellow wire coming out of my wiring harness. do i need to run a wire coming straight from the battery and fuse it and then connect that ot the power wire on my headunit? im thinking that would fix the problem right?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1566
?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us