Loud 6x9s

Silver Member
Username: Talon_es93

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 754
i need a pair of some 6x9s with a loud azz tweeter on em... this will go in the rear deck of a 4-door 97 accord. i'm lookin to spend around 50-80.. i know it ain't much money to work with but what would be the loudest i can get for the money???

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7796
Rear speakers FTL......

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7956
why???

u can achive a better sound enviroment with rear speakers ofcorse you have to focus more on your frontstage but having a front and rear creates a more full-rich-3d enviroment.

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1147
LOL lil rob trying to sound smart just cracks me up.

From a MECP Certified Master Installer
http://www.glasswolf.net/caraudio/rearfill.html

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 475
if you are set on doiong the install ... try infiity Refernce of kappa coaxle or alpime type r 6x9.... just a couple to throw out there..

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7798
"3D" my azz...... sound is supposed to sound like its in front of you like a concert

Also there is a difference between loud and harsh and infinity are the latter. Apline's type R line are actually pretty decent speakers as far as mainstream stuff goes.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 480
I trashed my typr-r's for my infinity's.. huge difference. hence hagher cost...Tweeter ha_/+ db gain setting on the speakers... But both the Type-r's were suitable until I heaard the Infinity's... but are pricier... and that is a small set of choices of decent 6X'9's... These are in my fav's list for low budget 6X9's with decent sq.... good luck bro

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 755
well thanks for all the advice and i'm pretty decided to put in sum 6x9s in the rear.. and i have tried putting in decent components in the front.. i have earthquake focus fc6.2s in the front ran off a a6004t.. i know the amp is sh!t but its what i got.... these earthquakes get pretty loud but i just want a bit more tweets in there.... i'm sure just front speakers won't cut it when ur in the back seat and got 143 db @ 36 hz playing

Bronze Member
Username: Adambtl21

Alpena, Michigan United states

Post Number: 25
6x9s are useless y do you need rearfill

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 756
i thought i just explained that.. i want more tweets..i need more tweets..more tweets is what would satisfy my needs.... i know your thinkin that 6x9s sound like sh!t i should go with adapters and 6.5s for sq but i ain't lookin for sq... i simply want more tweets...(i don't mean i just want tweeters i also want the extra mids. im just into the tweeter part more

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21435
you want more tweets then get yourself another set of tweets and put it up front. preferably the same tweets you are already using. you want the highs coming from the front.

i personally like rearfills. if setup right, it can make your system sound better. but if you sit in my car, it will appear as if the sound is coming from the front. thats cause the tweets up front outpower the tweets in the back.

if you must have that loud tweet sounding 6 x 9 in the rear then look in to some kickers. they have loud tweets. they sound good to btw. i've heard a several cars with kicker 6 x 9's and it sounded real good. i think its the sound you are looking for.

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7802
And some decent components would be the first step i.e. not earthquake

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 757
lol you don't like my earthquake??..well chad lee... well i know i can get a pair of tweets from my father in law that he ain't using no more.... but the are alpine.... they went to a type-r component 6.5 set.... is that to much of a difference??? or is it REALLY recommended that i get the same kind???

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 758
and if i go with rearfill will the DS6930 do or is that too low end???

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21446
you can try it out and see. its not set in stone that you must use the same tweeters as the ones you already have. :-)

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 759
sounds good man thanks... ecoustics needs more dudes like you that can answer a question or give advice without acting like an azz...

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21447
thank you

Silver Member
Username: Nissankicker

Grambling, LA USA

Post Number: 300
Get some Memphis PR692s or PR693s
... The best sounding 6x9s i've heard.

Silver Member

Trinidad, Co

Post Number: 760
thanks man... i did hear before that the PR series are purty bad with the coaxials and components... thanks i'll look into em
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us