What a guy i know told me

Silver Member
Username: Deadrabit

Post Number: 483
so my freind just took my fully louded BL 18 of my hands and got a new rockford power 1000.1d

he was setting it all up today and one of his freinds stoped by and said that is a really nice amp. and then looked at us and said "WITH THAT BL 18 U BETTER NOT BRIDGE THAT AMP CAUSE U WILL BLOW IT UP"

anyways! i just thought i would post that and see what u all say. for some reason it pissed me off some because he is ... really smart

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego, California

Post Number: 4162
Yeah... because you can bridge a mono amp

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1721
Did he follow it up with a "don't wire it to 1 ohm, the sub can't handle it?"

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21422
or how about, only hook up one coil cause if he hooks up both coils it will be too loud.

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
no he wired it to 1 ohm with both coils.
haha

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7771
I would say that he is an idiot for thinking you can bridge a mono amp

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
he is an idiot for having dual subs

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13935
what confuses ALOT of ppl is when a monoblock amp has 2+ & 2_ connection terminals making them to believe its a 2 channel ...

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7778
They are still morons if they can't tell....... subsonic filter, LPF, no HPF, model number, etc.

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
i never did get y mono amps have 2 connection terminals...

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 2634
Eh I dont feel like making a new thread so Ill stic this in here. Im going off info that this guy gave me so I could be wrong about specs and stuff but...
My friend just got 2 12" audiobahn quad VC subs and 2 mono block 1600wrms audiobahn amps w/ the digital readouts. Well he has a stock charging system and had the amps wired to 2 ohms. When he cranked the system the readouts on the amps showed about 9 volts. I told him he was killing his subs and clipping them to h3ll and he said "na, they are fine. The subs are rated at 2k wrms and the amps put out 1.6k at 1 ohm so Im not over powering them" and would not believe that he was hurting them by running his gains at full tilt with his amps only getting 9.x volts... I laughed and told him when something goes poof I wasnt going to help him or feel sorry for him.

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 329
man some ppl are so very stupid

Silver Member
Username: Prozack52

Cincinnati, 2-audio puls...

Post Number: 407
the two connection terminals i a mono block amp just makes it easier to wire mulitple subs to the amp is all, but yes it is very confusing sometimes

Gold Member

Northwest PA

Post Number: 7819
How is it confusing? You have to be a complete noob to not be able to tell a a mono amp from a 2ch....... but yeah convience for wiring 2 subs in parallel is what it's for.

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21520
it ain't confusing if you take the time to read the manual. reading the manual is fun. i like to download the manuals for various products and print it out. then i read it before i go to sleep. i like to familiarize myself with many products that are out there.

Gold Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Illinois United States

Post Number: 1758
Hmm... I think chad just introduced me to a new hobby.

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
haha.
hey guy with the subs running at 9 volts.
his amps will fry. burn.. they will start smoking and burn up! it will be funny. i have seen people do it and i laugh at them
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us