Poll: who cares

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 759
who cares what section people post in. i mean seriously does it really hurt peoples feelings that someone post and ipodtouch or a ps3 thread in the sub section.. i am with many others who say that i want my topics and opinion based threads to be viewed by the general people in the sub section. i dont know the people in the other sections and dont feel like posting a thread that might get one answer or read in a entire week. i am with several others and am starting to get really irritated with zack davis or what ever his name is.. i really dont give a Sh!t that he finds it nessicary to psot in every off topic thread that that it needs to be in the correct section. the sub section is kinda like a whole family of people who just debate on many different things car audio realated and non car audio related. so i jsut want a general poll on everyoens opinion on the subject at hand. i mean does it really matter this much...i understnad that that i havent been around as long as some of the peeps around here but i am a daily viewer and ONLY read what's in the sub section..i never go to the other sections and frankly dont feel any need to..ever since i becam e amember on here it's been this way..i feel that people have been satisfied with the way things are run here , generally speaking

if you want a forum with mods, bans, sections that are used properly then go to caraudio.com it's ran just that way..and i didnt mind it being so but i come to ecoustics for general debates, opinions and help....everyone on this forum seems to be pretty dayum helpful if they can during a given situation. so what are your guys thoughts!?????

Silver Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Admiting your an a$$ho...

Post Number: 364
doesnt bother me as long as your title says what it is, i dont see how it hurts to skip over it.

Gold Member
Username: •cam•

BC Canada

Post Number: 1377
I don't give a f.ck either way.

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 761
thanks guys...i am the same way i just want threads to have the correct title...if i'm not interested i just simply dont click it..some people dont understand that it's that easy

Silver Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PA

Post Number: 293
^^x2 i dnt give a flyin fu*k the subwoofer sections is where ppl are at the most...

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4988
Agreed with everything said here

Gold Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 1116
"^x2 i dnt give a flyin fu*k the subwoofer sections is where ppl are at the most of the time"

bingo

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1515
I second that.

Silver Member
Username: Drant19

DUB-C, TX

Post Number: 144
"if i'm not interested i just simply dont click it" exactly

Gold Member
Username: Adam_s

Post Number: 1950
The reason the sub section always is down is because people always post those b.s. threads. There are sections there for a reason.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6390
"The reason the sub section always is down is because people always post those b.s. threads. There are sections there for a reason."

Holy sh1t! Someone has common sense and a brain!

Gold Member

Post Number: 1122
^^^^^^^^^

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 662
"The reason the sub section always is down is because people always post those b.s. threads. There are sections there for a reason."

Oh really? That's why every single other section except accessories is down as well? You're just making stuff up

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6391
"Oh really? That's why every single other section except accessories is down as well? You're just making stuff up"

Do you have any idea how servers work? No, you probably don't.

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 216
The admin said so himself sgdenny......

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

I support the Zac Davi..., Chicago

Post Number: 2465
mark me down for "cares".

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 5003
Actually, I am interested in WHY the large number of OT threads cause the sub section to go down often as stated by admin, if that is indeed the reason.

Do they manually go though and remove all the OT threads each time they archive the forum?

Just wondering.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3270
Every new thread in a section + the overall number of threads/posts makes the automated cleaning process take a long time. And, it only chooses the sections that most need attention..... the ones with the most posts. This is why only the big sections go down for "maintenance".

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3271
And have you ever noticed the lag before a post actually goes onto the forum takes a lot longer in the sub section than in say, OT or amplifiers? Same reason.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

ASU

Post Number: 2234
...end.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12649
I DISAGREE !

even though its not life\death i think there should be order up in here & ppl should put not put stuff not related to car audio thats y they made the OT section

for yrs ppl were begging for a OT section & even though we got it some ppl feel other dont go to the OT section

@ the top of this sub section is a direct link to OT so whats so hard about clicking a link !? - some of u really are lazy !

all other forums have MODS so in fact this wouldnt be a issue if HERE had some mods because they would automatically rearrange threads which dont belong to a certain section ...but those who have been around long enough will know how the owners of this forum hardly ever look into here to see whats happening ....
}}

Silver Member
Username: Gh0st_31

USF, FL USA

Post Number: 663
"Do you have any idea how servers work? No, you probably don't."

Even if there were no OT threads the forum would still be down just as much, subwoofers is the #1 section (at least in CA) and even minus OT there are still tons of threads/posts.

Wanting to eliminate OT threads because it is not of stated topic is a good reason, but claiming that it will make the forum be down less is bullish imo.

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 464
i dont mind ppl posting ot things in the sub section. i know in my case it is all i look at because it is the most populated part of the forum

at the same time i know if there was only sub topics in this and nothign else. but....
people still posted all their ot things in the ot section then i would get used to going there and looking also.

all in all its just the way this has always gone is post whatever you want in the sub section and if you dont want to read it then skip it. it really does get you results faster posting in here rather than in the ot section. and people just ask questions here because they know they will get a good honest answer. thats whats so good about this forum.

i think we should be able to post whatever we want (in moderation) and if you dont want to read it then skip it....

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1560
Well I don't wanna step on anyones toes b/c I respect everyone that has respect for others and zac, besides barging in on threads that arent his and telling them to take it to OT, seems to be going about this in a respectful way but I like it how it was. I like being able to have everyone that we know, post in the sub section and being able to see everything without having to change topics.
Yes, neat and organized is always nice but not having to go to three different place to see what I want is better. I can skip over what I want to and read what I want. Also, I don't visit the FS section unless I need something but what if someone is having a good deal and I want it but dont need it. I wont see the thread. Plus the FS doesnt bump... I dont think the server is down b/c of the OT threads in the section but Im also know nothing about servers...

Either way it ends up being is fine with me but I do think its pretty ridiculous to start fights b/c of this. People just don't need to start name calling over this. It doesnt help and it makes you look like a first grader.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 595
Pit Bull Terrier wrote,
Posted on Thursday, December 27, 2007 - 02:34 am:

To whom it may concern: It's not as simple as just don't click if you're not interested. Because of all the out of place threads, legitimate subwoofer discussion threads get bumped off the front page wayyyy too quickly, at which point you can no longer post in them.

The people who don't care about all the misplaced threads and what not IMHO must not care that much about valuable subwoofer discussion.

BOTTOM LINE: If you want to talk about BS or w/e, that's great, i do it almost every day in the OT section, chatrooms, on the phone, in person with co-workers/friends etc, but by doing it here you're impeding on other people being able to do what this section was intended for in the first place.

Would it be rude to go to a library with a boombox and listen to music with people around you studying/reading? Of course, because the library is INTENDED to be a relatively peaceful, quiet, relaxed environment.
}

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2260
i agree with u zach and also another question y is everyone still making these trheads even though all this happened like a week ago.

Gold Member
Username: Safe_cracker

Chicago, IL US

Post Number: 3807
Honestly, it don't matter to me adds a little c hange from the same old boring questions noobs are too lazy to search for! Until we get a live chat I think it is ok and the real reason people post in the sub section is because everyone is there! Again, this is another thing where a person(s) who hardly ever frequents this site has wayyy to much to comment about, take a vote... Polo..

PS-> For you crybabies>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkIVvjZc9Y

Gold Member

Post Number: 1136
ya come on,just post the dam threads where they go,and this sheet a stop,its simple as that

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 465
not to argue with u zac but i dont think they get bumped off too quickly. this forum doesnt get enough new threads in a period of time for the still active threads to be bumped off the front page. although bs threads may move other used threads down there just arent enough to bump them all the way off.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Digital Design 9515, Massive Audi...

Post Number: 2011
I like jello

Bronze Member
Username: Rellikfl

New Port Richey, FL USA

Post Number: 79
I personally don't care, if I'm not interested then I don't click. But how much harder is it to post the thread were it goes?? May take a millisecond longer, I'm sure you can spare that.

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7753
Lets let this thread die :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us