OT: Help me decide

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1124
I'm trying to plan out a new setup for my Ranger that I should be able to pay for come summer/end of summer....

as of right now, I can't decide whether I wanna do four 10" Classics S4 ported, or two 12" BMs D4 ported...

any input as well as other suggestions will be helpful. I can get both for about the same price, which would be ~300-350

don't worry about the amp, I think I've got that picked out, if I let go of my RD 1000.1, which I think I may for need of more power.

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3337
I don't think the classics will have the SPL of the BMs, but I would assume both some similar. If you are going to go with more power then get two of the new Elites. I don't know if you saw the thread about them, but they look NICE.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1126
bump for input

Gold Member

Post Number: 3338
And in terms of SPL i was talking speaker vs. speaker. I missed where you said four tens. I would personally go with different subs than classics or a single fifteen.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1127
yeah I've been reading about them, but I want more SQL or SQ then SPL in any application. I haven't talked to Steve about the Elites yet, besides mentioning some interest, and his response was to do four 10" classics. Regardless, I haven't talked to Steve enough to discuss price yet, so I don't know what the new Elites are gonna cost me.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1128
I don't want a fifteen, not sure I ever will, lol, they take up too much space just for one speaker. But thanks!

aren't the new Elites rated at 1000wrms?

which would sound cleaner through out...4 classics, or 2 BMs?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3341
Get lower and louder for 12's, not to mention you can find fifteens that need very little space.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1130
eh, I guess 15"s really just aren't my "cup of tea"

anyhow, what about my previous questions? :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 3345
Yeah, I think the new Elites are 1000 watts. I would say the 2 BMs would sound cleaner, but the Classics would probably get louder. Both would sound nice; I just like the deeper sound of bigger speakers.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1132
In that case, I won't have enough power for the Elites...

last time I heard tens was when I first got my license, I had a pair of Keekers...but since then have had 12"s

also, I don't know if I'd be able to afford some of the 15"s out there, I don't want Fi, so that eliminates one of the cheaper speakers...

I thought the BMs would prob sound cleaner, I've been trying to find some vids on teh web, but I keep finding this one dipshit that won't stop moving, so you can't see flex and you can't really hear how they sound...but that really goes for all recordings via camera I suppose.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3350
I assume you went to ROE, right? I haven't looked, but I would assume they have a few videos.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1137
haven't looked on ROE for vids, just youtube, I forgot that ROE had vids for some stupid reason, lol

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 278
When i had my Classics they had amazing SQ.

The BMz though seem to be a better choice in your application, as you already have 1000wmrs to throw on them.

Get the classics for the SQ but i think the BMz are a better choice in your case.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1145
thanks for the input br1an
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us