Audio Que HDC312

Bronze Member
Username: Bonhamd

Michigan USA

Post Number: 28
I know they are rated at 1000 rms but is that enough for these?

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 70
i have a hdc315 running off a zx1000.1 in a 3.5 cubic ft tuned @ 37hz box and i love how it sounds.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 30
I have read that they are very loud. Are they more spl or can they be considered sql?

Bronze Member
Username: Vtouch06

Q-TowN, PiStoLvAniA

Post Number: 71
spl and they also hit nice and clean, ill prob get a bigger amp later on, rite now i dont have money for it....

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 31
i was thinking about getting 3 of these 12s...and I would have 1k rms going to each one but from what I read, I feel like I would be under powering them.

Gold Member
Username: Mgbcs

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1781
I think you'd be better off getting two of those subs and sending them the same 3000 watts you were planning for three. JMO

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 32
my amp setup is weird though. I have an Eclipse DA7122 that is rated at 1000 rms into 2 ohms. and a DA7232 two channel that is basically two DA7122 in one casing.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1783
Are you saying you want to run those two amps to three HDC312s?

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 33
yes- is that a terrible idea?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1784
Well, I don't know for sure. I don't know the stats on the DA7232. What does it do power wise?

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 34
it is basically two DA7122s in one casing. the DA7122 is rated at 1000 rms into 2 ohms. 1000 rms into 2 ohms on each channel of the DA7232.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1785
Hmmm...well if those ratings are correct, you could run three of them off those. I would suggest running identical amps, maybe aesthetically more than anything, or one large amp, but it's really up to you. Do you have the charging system to be running those?

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 35
I am in the process of getting an alt. I contacted Iraggi but no response. Contacted another guy I have seen recommended on here and he said the biggest he can do on my car is a 275A. Any alt suggestions for an 04 Grand Prix GTP?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1786
No not really. I would try Iraggi again, cuz they make good stuff. Otherwise, you should be good with that 275amp. Would you consider purchasing other amps, or are you pretty set on those? You can get some nice amps from Audioque right now on presale.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1615
Nice ;)

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 36
I already have them and I really do like them. I would rather not part with them. I think they do more than 1000 rms per channel. How can I bench test these to see what they are doing?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1787
You'd have to bring them somewhere to have them benched. Don't know where to tell you to go tho.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 37
Can I fit 7.5 cubes without building it in the trunk?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2036
those things will love 1500rms each

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 38
i have a weird amp setup though. ^^^^^ I think that my amps may do more than they say. Anyone think they do more/less than they are rated?

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2037
no experience with eclipse amps, but i'd say they'll do they're rated power, possibly a little more

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 39
Is this setup a bad idea as a whole? If not do you think I will have any problems fitting 3 of these 12s in an 04 Grand Prix?

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 3990
"it is basically two DA7122s in one casing. the DA7122 is rated at 1000 rms into 2 ohms. 1000 rms into 2 ohms on each channel of the DA7232."

If they are class D you might have a chance with that, but if there not class D dont even think about it... waste of sub, time, and non efficient.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 405
If you want to stick with those amps i'd suggest using the DA7232 and runnning 2 AQ HDC3 12's Less space needed and im sure it will be plenty loud.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1788
I would have to agree with Eddy

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 408
You might even look into powering one HDC3 15 D2 with that amp. give it 1000rms per coil.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 40
I just want high 140s and i thought that was do-able with 3 of those 12s. and yes the amps are class D.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 42
and with 1000 rms to each i thought it was a far fetched possibility/dream to break 150s with tones. but a hope to say the least.

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 410
scott s and sean hit 148.* with one hdc312 didn't they?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7309
on one hdc12 in a daily box we hit 144.2 db tuned to 35 hz but it should have been tuned higher according to audioque we hit 146.2 db in a burp box on a single hdc12 and 148.1 db on two hdc12's in a burp box if you want daily with a low tune the 15 hdc would be better...the 12 isnt as tight as I would like down low

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 43
recommendations? (1) 15 and 2000 rms or (2) 15s and 1000 rms to each?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7310
if your getting the alum. coils you can put 1500 rms each on them daily safely im sure but im not sure 2000 would be the best idea for daily... 1000 rms to 1200 each 15 should be ok if you get two because 1200 rms seemed fine for us at a 35 hz tune but your going to need a high idle amperage alt to run two 15's

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 44
any alt recommendations for an 04 grand prix gtp? Can I fit 2 15s in the trunk?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7311
irragi.. as far as space id say you can put two 15's in but check your height limits you might not have 15 in. high

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 45
Pending a good box build/install and upgraded electrical - high 140s or break 150 at all possible?

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 519
the 148.1db was 2-12s on 2400 watts so i would say yes

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 520
i have a pretty stout charging system tho- 300a iraggi alt optima yellow top, 1/0 big 3 and wiring throughout the jeep

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 46
was that a burp box? or the 35hz box?

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 47
I just want a daily that can get somewhat loud

Gold Member

Post Number: 7312
daniel your working with a trunk car even though it can be set up loud it isnt going to be as easy as Scotts jeep....trunk rattle/flex will be an issue and if your car is layed out like I think it is your back deck will flex and jump also....the reason im saying that is i had a 95 monte carlo z34 basically like a chevy lumina and it did all that and if you want to fire forward and your seat fold 60/40 like mine did youll only have room for one sub firing forward so high 140's to 150 wont be easy but trust me youll hit good around 36 to 37 hz in that car I did..firing forward...ps ive seen a guy with my old car and three 15 solobarics firing up at the trunk lid hit 150 and it wasnt tons of power less than 2000 watts im not sure whether that was daily

Gold Member

Post Number: 7313
honestly to avoid headaches with charging id do one 15 hdc15 and fire up at the trunk lid or forward if you dont mind having your seat folded down....remove your rear fill also to help the sound get in the cab better and that might help some with the back deck movement if you fire up at the trunk....ps I started to mind having the seat folded down after a while

Gold Member

Post Number: 7314
upgrade that alternator tho even with that one 15

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 411
Im getting 2 SD2.5 15's for my jeep real soon. A little xmas present to myself. I can't wait.

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 48
2 of those hdc12s would go in no problem and be louder than one 15 though right?

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 49
I am starting to lean towards 2 12s firing forwards - Any other recommendations?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1792
Sounds like a good plan to me. What amp are you going to do then?

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 50
probably just my DA7232 and put 1000 rms to each. Any other sub recommendations?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1793
Well how much are you looking to spend on subs? No one really asked cuz you made a pretty good pic your first time around. There may be better, but what's the bidget?

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 51
I would like to stay under/around $800 I am looking for something that will get fairly loud yet still sound good.

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1794
Well for that amount you could do a lot of things. You could look into:

Fi BL
Digital Designs 3512
Soundsplinter RL-p
SSA Icon
Ascendant Audio Havoc

There a lot more that I can't think of right now, but you can't go wrong with any of those.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7320
havocs would get a vote from me
I hear the Icons are good too
Fi well buyer beware
sound splinter.. chad lee the sq guy says they are good
digital design 3512 good subs but not as strong on the low end as some of these other choices might be

Bronze Member

Michigan USA

Post Number: 52
do the havocs only come in dual 2?

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1795
It looks like it.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/shop/index.php?page=1&act=viewCat&catId=51

Gold Member

Lincoln, Nebraska

Post Number: 1796
If it helps any, I am running (2) 8" Soundsplinters (lowest line RL-i) and they are amazing. I can only imagine what their larger, top of the line subs sound like. I would probably vote for the Soundsplinters of Havocs. JMO

Gold Member

Post Number: 7323
Eddy DieZe ..."Im getting 2 SD2.5 15's for my jeep real soon. A little xmas present to myself. I can't wait."

your going to like those subs and you wont need tons of power for them either...do you own a jeep like my bro?

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 414
1998' jeep cherokee sport i love it. i had 2 15" kicker comp's off 330wrms and it was nice and loud... can't wait to get my hands on these sd2.5's here is the box i had... ill be making a new one

9cu^ft @ 35Hz
Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 7328
What sub and port arrangement? Also what cubic foot box are you gong to make? That box was most likely too big for those kicker comps which would hurt your score. How was the balance on the broad range of frequencies?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7329
nice box work by the way

Silver Member

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 415
lol that box was from almost 2 years ago. It was my first ported box. It sounded great though. It hit the lows very well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us