Where to put hole in relation to port

Silver Member
Username: Nickyp0219

Post Number: 197
Hey guys, when building your own box, where is the best place to mount the driver, closer to the slot port, the other side, or right in the middle of the two?

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16011
you can put it anywhere. but i like to put it farthest possible fromt he port.

Silver Member

Post Number: 198
does have a flanged port section, like a l-port, affect where to put the driver. say if you put it farther away from the port, would you get better sound/less noise

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16013
can you draw the box you are talking about so i have an idea what you are asking?

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2082
type of vehicle will also determine it. it its a hatchback or SUV you'll prolly do sub up/port back, but in a trunk or sumthin the sub will be facing the same way as the port.

Silver Member

Post Number: 199
well it is a hatch, but the port and sub will both be facing back. I had a sealed 15 L7 pointing up and i hated it. My new sub sounds good pointing back, but the box its in is a bit small, so im not gettin what i want out of it. That's why i decided to get my hands dirty and build about a 2.2ft^3 box for her.

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2083
Sub up/port back for the hatch. But if u insist otherwise...Id do like chad said and put the sub as far from the port opening as you can. Like sub on the left part of the wall facin back, and port comin out on the right.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12579
just for the sake of looks i like to put my sub exact in the middle rather 1 sided ...

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
Yea for looks I would prefer middle, but if performance wise, the opposite side of port sounds better, ill do that

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2234
when i build my box for my hatch ill hvae to do sub and port up cause if the subs go back it will hit the back when playing but if i do port back it will be too close to the hatch i think

Silver Member

Post Number: 201
really what car do you have?

Silver Member

Post Number: 202
when using re's l-port calculator, say after i put in all necessary measurements...does the box volume it give include port displacement? when i finished putting in my dimensions, it said ~2.2ft^3 tuned to about 34hz. After i put my sub in, what is the internal vol. left?

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
Its not a normal hatchback, its an eclipse, so a have a cover for the trunk portion, so its practically a trunk

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
whats the idea behind sub up/port back in a hatch/suv anyways
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us