Spl subs which one

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 372
would be good for just spl?

Atomic apxx, IA death penalty or dd 9500's?

be specific please.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 404
All 3 would be great for SPL

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3289
specific about what? you want a daily system? burps? efficiency? how many watts are you gonna run to said sub? you have to be specific before we can...

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6177
The Atomic APXX is what I would go with for all out SPL. You don't have enough power for that thing though. What's your budget for amps and batteries?

Gold Member

Post Number: 6178
http://www.atomicspeakers.com/apx_apxx12.html

25Kilo watt burps. Do you have that kind of power?

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2897
apxx is pretty much NOT a daily sub...

9500 is a wicked good LOUD daily sub...

dp is a lower power daily sub that drops low and gets brutally low (best sq out of the three)...

what amp, electrical good?, those are all 500+ dollar subs new

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16003
when i was at a 3x db drag event a few months ago, there was someone with a apxx. he ran that with less power for daily. he told me it sounds much better than his dd 9500. so the apxx can be a nice daily.

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2899
ive heard it and did not like it. atomic themselves will tell you they wouldnt recommend it

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 16008
i have talked to george himself. he told me you can. so there. lol.

just playin man.

but the guy at the comp did it.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 7305
honestly from what im seeing it doesnt take much of a sub to produce good spl BUT you need one that will match well with the power you can give it on your charging system with minimal voltage drop

Gold Member

Post Number: 6183
"match well with the power you can give it on your charging system with minimal voltage drop"

AKA efficiency. :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6187
"ive heard it and did not like it. atomic themselves will tell you they wouldnt recommend it"

Oh yea? Where did you hear this and what was the box tuned to and how much power was running to the sub with what kind of slope set from the HU to the amp(s)?

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
just wondering which would be the best for spl randy from atomic said they can make the apx and the apxx a hybrid daily/comps style. the electrical and amps doesen't matter at the moment it's for a future project.

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
and will post pics of the amp when i get it

Gold Member

Post Number: 6191
"he electrical and amps doesen't matter at the moment it's for a future project."

Of course it matters man... if you're only feeding 1,000 watts RMS none of those subs will be at their full potential. See what I'm saying?

Gold Member

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2901
rob, ina car, don't know box tuning, autotek mean machine 3000, and no idea slope set lol i dont usually ask those questions..

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
electrical doesen't matter at the moment, because not getting any subs or electrical upgrade for a long while too broke atm and need a new car, the amp will be enough power; if and when i get the amp pics will be posted, still talking to Atomic.

Username: Audiobullies

Post Number: 3
1 word.. Jackhammer, Thats if you have the will to totally take up most of the space in your car.. its mtx's loudest

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
no need don't like the brand or looks.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6192
"ve heard it and did not like it. "

"rob, ina car, don't know box tuning, autotek mean machine 3000, and no idea slope set lol i dont usually ask those questions.."

Well, you might have liked it if it was tuned differently. If you didn't like how it sounded you should have asked what it was tuned to and all the fine details so you would know it didn't sound good because of a high tuning or it was just the sub.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Bangn aint easy ....when u g...

Post Number: 3983
"1 word.. Jackhammer, Thats if you have the will to totally take up most of the space in your car.. its mtx's loudest" this guy must watch to much mtv.... LOL

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

BUILT NOT BOUGHT, North carolina

Post Number: 626
lmao jackhammer lol. were you being sarcastic because if you were that was a good joke.
but seeing as you only have 3 posts i think you're being serious
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us