Out of the game> Fk it

Silver Member
Username: Tejcurrent

Post Number: 907
I'm out. I had a Memphis 4k go out on me and repair is expensive as hell. Doesn't warranty normally mean repaired for free? That's what I thought, but I guess memphis can go eat my azz. I'm out, I give up on subs and being loud.Upload

I think I hurt my back getting that heavy asted thing out- maybe I'll get better mileage too.

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 236
Dont leave the game, just regroup!! Get something cheaper to hold you.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2022
don't do it!

what you gonna do with those btl's? dibs. lol

Gold Member
Username: Stnorris

RE SX 15, IA US

Post Number: 2233
what btls are they? i want one

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2078
might b interested in sum of it...idk. wats the prices?

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 254
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15988
troy where did you get your memphis amps from? if it was from a dealer the warranty is awesome. they practically give you a new one. they did for me.

anyways i know someone that can repair any amps for as low as $75. well i don't know them in person but the stereo shop i go to all the time knows that place. if you are interested i can get you the phone number. you would need to pay for shipping i assume.

those memphis need sh!t load of current in order for it not to break down.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15989
oh and troy join the darkside and stand by my side. sq is the only way. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3127
damn that sux. how much is it to repair them? thats if you even want to keep them. not sure if i would. but you cant leave the game troy. there is too much hard work and pride in your system. so you cant. final word!!!!!!!!!!!

and you cant sell your subs either!!!!!!!

hate to make a plug here but it may be somethng to look into down the road. maybe talk to steve. i bet he could get you a good deal on 4 3250.1s......worth a shot anyway. =\

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7499
Im terribly sorry Troy.

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4472
And nobody believes me when I tell them memphis amps are sub par...........

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15990
well for daily they are M.S. but if you can put 16-17v to those things then they come alive.

Silver Member

Post Number: 908

I'm sorry, I'm such an azzle lol.
I'm just so tired of everyone 'getting out of it' every time something doesn't work out.
This was my way of saying two things:
1. People stop posting sh!t like this, stop pussing out and either say "I'm tired of so much bass" or "I need money and have to sell some stuff". Either you're changing your setup or don't have cash, but you aren't "Out". Not being hateful, just saying I've seen 6+ posts like this in the past few months.
2. Trying to get everyones attention to hype up what I'm actually doing :P

I took the subs and amps out because of the problem with the one. I don't think it was voltage that hurt it because of the circumstances when it went up, but regardless I'm getting it fixed. I might go with another brand depending on how much they charge me (I figure selling them all I could get close to $3000, give or take). If they take care of me I'll stick by their products.
I'm vinyling the box, getting the trim plate painted to match the vehicle, and cleaning up my wiring something fierce. J Noels wire I bought should be in tomarrow, so this week I should have another 3 runs of wire :-) Then I'm dropping the tuning to 32hz, which means building a nice new port.
By the end of the month I'll have 2 alternators, (130+260=390a total). Then I'll be sure to get another two by febuary (260+260+260+130=910a, hopefully enough to power the amps without any more blowing). I'm making it show ready, pretty and fancy. And louder

Lots of work this week and next, just wanted to get some hype for all the pics I'll be posting this week.

I just dumped 1/2 a gallon of 'glass in, and because of time I couldn't take pics, but there will be PLENTY to come.

Silver Member

Post Number: 909
BTW Chad- we're getting my wife an 02/03 Mustang GT pretty soon, and when we do that will be SQ
Sound deadened like a mofo, with a Seas/Focal 3-way active in mind up front and maybe a Q 12 in back? Just a thought for now, but she doesn't like bass so surely SQ. Maybe you could give me some tips with that when the time comes because I'm more SPL for sure.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15991
anytime man. sqistheonlyway.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1612
Troy PWNED me :-(

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1062
I'll give you a tip!

Don't get a Mustang! yeah the GT is nice, but the Mustang is not worth the money IMO....

lol...btw, I might hold on to that zapco until xmas, I may be getting some comps, I don't know for sure yet tho, I'll keep you posted Troy.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1063
...then again, the mustang is the premier chick car..and it's got the lack of muscle to meet that stereotype, lol

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 415
idk dude ive seen some mustangs with some balllllss.

not to mention my friends '78 mustang body with a 450 big block and 680+ hp at rear wheels. that thing halls azz. he does under 10 sec on quarter mile. and when he floors it from a stop he can get the front wheels off the ground....

oh and it gets better.

he has a single 12" XXX in the trunk

the guys a bosss

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1067
that is completely different.

yeah, the older mustangs have some ballls but the newer ones are nothing, especially the 2000-2003 models, unless you have the 8, but even that isn't impressive stock. My mom was looking for a car about a year ago and drove an 05, 06 GT and thought it was crap, ended up getting an infiniti which has some real ballls!!!
you have to do alot to mustangs to make them worth while, now a days, and even then they still aren't worth the time and money IMO

Silver Member

Post Number: 911
With a bit of work those GTs are nice. My old 98 GT burned out like a mofo, and beat almost every vehicle I went against. Pretty much no work, but he started losing compression on 2 cylinders before I sold it. I had that thing up to 140 in 4th gear and it had PLENTY more to go.
She wants a pretty little mustang GT convertable with 5 speed. I'd rather get her a GTO though if they were a bit more affordable- great chick car (looks wise) that I would love to drive too ;)

Thieves, no problem. I've got a bit much on my hands at the moment with getting my amp fixed and dropping the money on the box/electrical upgrades. Only place I can get 'glass around here is pretty expensive. Anyway, Thanks for keeping me updated :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 912
^ I mistyped and called my mustang he lol. Personification ftw.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1073
I was wondering about that..lol..."he" anyway, the only mustang I like is my friend's 94(?) he is pushing 400hp :-) b!tch will burn the tires off that h0e

oh and GTO ftw

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6171
I thought those amps would have blown up sooner with the lack of a proper charging system. How exactly did it happen? I know I get a little careless when I'm in my car and juiced :-)

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2023
troy>forum

Bronze Member
Username: Marcooo

Post Number: 86
(In a Chris Hansen voice) Troy. Wh-wh-whaaat are you doin? Why don't you take a seat. Why don't you take a seat right over there. What are you doin here Troy? What are you doin?

lol I saw it was a joke but just couldn't resist quoting my favorite show
(I mean the one without all the desperate/ f ucked up guys going through a mid-life crisis lol)

How are you gonna get 4 alts in there? Never heard of that being done before. Steve Meade has 8 Fi BTLs with 30k+ going to them and he only has dual alts... And I'm assuming the 130 amp alt is the stock alt? Why not just throw another HO alt in there if you already have three matching ones?
Just curious.

Gold Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 2062
meade has 4 btls actually mark

Gold Member

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2031
meade has dual 315a's... and 4 btl's

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7507
His buddy has 8 BTL's. He probably got them mixed up.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 91
Well I know its for his friend Chicken or w/e but he did/still is doing? (don't know if he updated his build log since the finger incident..) most of the install so in my mind I think it's really "his" car. "His" meaning his work lol

Gold Member
Username: Naledge503

Http://com4.runboard.c...

Post Number: 2363
Anyone ever see Alma Gates alternator setup? Thought I would just throw it out there. I know its not the same...being hers is a comp vehicle and his is a daily.

Upload
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 2364
Oh and Meade has a 4 alternator setup.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
The caddy with the 8 Fi BTLs has two alts according to Meade's buildlog...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
"got the alts.........2 300's........nice and chromed out. Only problem is, no plugs and no bracket.......tomorrow maybe? Chicken, if your lookin, Dom needs a raise."

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/index.php?showtopic=10216&st=40

Gold Member

Post Number: 2366
Yeah thats Chickens Caddy. I missed this post...

"Well I know its for his friend Chicken or w/e but he did/still is doing? (don't know if he updated his build log since the finger incident..) most of the install so in my mind I think it's really "his" car. "His" meaning his work lol"

Steves 4 alts...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=yti-GQa5n0I

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
Makes you wonder how good the caddy's charging system is gonna be having half the alts (600 amps compared to 1300), and twice the number of subs Meade does. I think the caddy also had only 5 (maybe 6?) powermaster's in the back compared to Meade's 6 and the caddy's gonna have 10,000 more watts going to it...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Should still bang though lol

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 691
i read the first few posts and was like What....he just bought all my wire..why would he do that....lmao but i get your point troy..once your in your basically never out..unless you let yourself get old....mabey your system is gone for a while or you need some time to recooperate money and get back onyour feet but more than likley 99 percent of people will once again come back with a new install..it's all just a matter of time

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3130
troy you azzhole lol.

Gold Member
Username: Andrew571

Stillwater/Edmond, Oklahoma USA

Post Number: 1314
I didn't realize meade had that many alts...

hmmm

Silver Member

Post Number: 914
^Yep.

Rob, I don't think it was anything I did. The day it went up I was listening to Devildriver (metal) at a normal volume (goes up to 25-30+ sub boost on the cd player, I had that down and volume at 15). I noticed the bass wasn't there like normal, so I took a DMM and checked all the amps. Normal voltage in and out. Still wasn't happy so I checked again and this time one amp had a blown fuse. I replaced it and it popped before I could take it away. I disconnected the sub to make sure nothing came lose for any reason, and put on another fuse. This time when the whole thing lit (literally the whole fuse lit up it got so hot) I yanked it away in time for it to still be useable. My voltage was around 12.5 the whole time that day, while I'm sure it's dropped lower before (I've let it go to 10.5), the day when it went up it sure didn't. :-(

I thought I'd run all 4 subs on 2 memphis amps at 2ohms, and was very disapointed. At 11.5v (at the amps) I could do 150+ on music with 4, but with just two amps the voltage dropped again to 11.5, but with only a 146 on music! Rediculous, and I don't have the time or care enough to play with that. I just have one sub in there right now on 1 amp and I'd say it's probably doing pretty close to that 146 by itself with 12.5v drops. Anyway, the blown amp should be back in from repair in another week or so, and I'll have the box ready by then.

Those big rockford amps of chickens are enginered not to need tons and tons of electrical upgrades. That's the beauty of them, and part of why they are so expensive.
I think Meade got 7 powermasters in his hoe now btw. If you search Steve Meades forum and check out his builds you can see an exact picture of how I'll be setting mine up. His 4 300a alts are beastly.

I'm going to go with 260a alts though because of the idling amperage (and dom iraggis recommendations). Mark, I plan on putting 4 260s in the end, but I figure I can atleast use the 4 alt bracket by recycling my factory alternator until the gravy train rolls in with that 4th 260a alt. Again with right now, I can run 2 alts by using my factory as well, and while I'd much rather have 260s, atleast I'll have that little extra bit

Silver Member

Post Number: 915
Sorry hunterw lol, I am such an azz...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us