OT: Vick in jail.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6725
FYI, he'll be making new friends, and maybe even pickup bfs as well.

RICHMOND, Va. - Michael Vick was sentenced to 23 months in prison Monday for his role in a dogfighting conspiracy that involved gambling and killing pit bulls.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 529
good i hate the guy its people like him that make it hard for me to rent a place that allows pits cause there considered a fighting dog they can all kiss my a s s

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7493
I saw that this morning. Good to see he got 23 months and not some bullsh1t penalty.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5500
he did get a bullshi_t penalty, he got about the minimum sentance. he should have gotten the max. penalty allowed which was what, 4-5 years. guess it's good to have money.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7494
Lets be serious though, he's a famous athlete. I'm surprised he even got 23 months. Of course he wasn't going to get 4-5 years.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6728
The question now is, will he be getting a special jail cell furnished like a penthouse with maid service?

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 711
does he have any prior offenses?

Silver Member
Username: Jemone

Stone Mountain, Georgia United States

Post Number: 225
It is truly sad that they gave him that much time. Honestly, the only reason that they gave him that much time is because peta and other animal rights advocates wanted to crucify him because he is a celebrity. He should have known good and well that it is dangerous to have money while black,especially in racist Va. Heck his pit farm was not even that big. I know some one who has 150 dogs right now!!! Well like my wife and I said, he should not have not done that in Va, he should have done it in Mississippi, where everybody is in on it including the cops!!! As Paul Mooney would say, he is experiencing his n!g.g.A moment.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5502
he should have though. it's pretty shi_tty that the justice system is scared (and easily bought out) to do anything to someone famous or has money. any one of us would have done the same, we'd have gotten more time. and i bet he doesn't even do 23 months, more like 16 months due to good behavior.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 674
yea like thomas said,u cant even get a apartment rented out to u,if u have apit bull

Gold Member

Post Number: 6731
Jemone, what the hell are you talking about?
Why do you automatically link race with the punishment? So are you saying no one should be punished cause of their skin colour? If Vick wasn't black, would you have been celebrating the punishment? If so, wouldn't that make you a racist?
Stop being a "fool" as Mr T would say. Every criminal, regardless of their race/skin colour, needs to be punished, if found GUILTY!

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5503
x2. that post you made jermone is really stupid.

and he's not experiencing a ni&&a moment right now, he's experiencing a criminal moment. no matter what his skin color is, nor where he lives, he broke the law.

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1043
good, he needs to be crucified, f!ck the fact that he is black, it's wrong and cruel. He should be getting more time. "he is a product of his environment" seriously? If you have that much money, you need to not be some dumb f!ck and make the choice, regardless if that's how you grew up or not, to leave it behind. he should get more time just for being stupid enough to risk everything that has been given to him.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7495
Jermone you are a dumbfuck. I knew someone was gonna try and say "its cause hes black." No it isnt because hes black, its because he killed dogs and was one of the leaders in the dog killing ring. So get that thought out of your head.

Silver Member

Post Number: 227
You cant be from the south. Any one who lives in the south can tell you that if you are black and have money down here, you are more highly sought after, because you represent change. I live born ,bred and raised in the south. I bought my wife a lincoln towncar,and was pulled over the same day. The cops asked me "is this your car and can i see some proof?" Vick had the nerve to finance dog fighting with his n! gg a money, Two years.

Gold Member

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7496
Also "racist Virginia?" Dude, name a state which isn't racist. Oh you cant name one cause no one can. racism is in every state so singling out VA like that is just dumb. Ans yes, I am from VA.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5506
"The cops asked me "is this your car and can i see some proof?""

you aware cops ask people of any race this question? doesn't mean there racists. could be, but doesn't mean it.

sounds like you're the racist here, not the courts/justice system. he broke the law, he got caught, and now he got punished. simple as that. not a race thing that you seem to make it out to be.

Silver Member

Post Number: 228
I was driving throgh a predominantly white neighbor hood at the time, and I looked "suspicious" in broad daylight. You guys can call me whatever, black folks who come from where i come from ,know what im saying. I have been spit on and chased for being black down here, and i know its not the 60's.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6733
Jemone, if you hate the country that much, why not leave? I'm sure you'll get a royal treatment in Iraq/Iran.
Sometimes the "racism" is all in your perception. For example,if you hated someone, then no matter what that person does, he/she will never do anything right in your eyes. Perhaps, maybe it's time you wipe your eyes clean so that you can see more clearly?

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1045
I'm from farther south than you! born and raised in Texas, he got caught, and now he is getting not quite what he deserves.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5508
"I was driving throgh a predominantly white neighbor hood at the time, and I looked "suspicious" in broad daylight."

so they asked you a question that you don't know if they ask any other people, white or black. and i can point out several reasons that a cop would ask a person what they asked you which are all valid, which doesn't make them a racist.

Silver Member

Post Number: 713
i dont believe it is true that we all would have gotten more time if we would have been the ones involved in the dogfighting instead of vick. you have to look at prior records. with only 2 minor traffic violations i believe that i would have received a minimum sentence as well. and im sure some of you would too. also it would depend on the judge and how remorseful we would be. i just think there are too many factors for people to be saying "he received a minimum sentence because he is a superstar"

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6163
I say he bet he gets out in 8 months, any takers?

Silver Member

Post Number: 231
Now you are off on another tangent, saying i hate the country. All I am stating is that the south is a very racist place. I dont know ,Isaac maybe people dont like to hear that. I go to IRAC/IRAN if you come with me, maybe we could watch each others backs.

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2346
I was pretty much satisfied with the sentence. I do think he deserved more, but the judge would be a better "judge" of that than I, lol. Assuming he does at least 18months or so, that's a significant chunk of time, LLOOOONNNGGG time to think about the horrible sh!t he did, and he deserves it.

Jemone, what is "truly sad" is the fact that there are some people like you out there who actually believe his crime wasn't that serious. As far as the race issue, it played no role in the Michael Vick case. You think Vick is being put in prison because he used "n!gga money" to fincance the dog fighting? This stuff amazes me, some of the most racist people in this world are the people who always point to racism as the cause or motive behind things, THAT is "truly sad"

Silver Member

Post Number: 714
8 months would not surprise me
it wouldnt bother me though
8 seems fitting

Silver Member
Username: Greeney1888

Clover GroveIm rich btch...

Post Number: 420
maybe he'll even get traded to San Fran when he gets out?
Upload

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6164
"Assuming he does at least 18months or so, that's a significant chunk of time, LLOOOONNNGGG time to think about the horrible sh!t he did, and he deserves it."

It'd be good if he served that much time but he'll get it down to a year instantly for good time and then they'll add time served(Time spent dealing with the court systems,which they do some times). Then there's the money side of things.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5655
Jemone,

If you were chased and spit on, you deserved it. Just by what you have said here today, I can tell you are ignorant. I actually feel sorry for you and others like you. It is this very mantality that it dragging society down.

You seem to be the very person that would act like a dam idiot and draw attention to yourself. That is why you get pulled over. Take a look at your life and notice this, you are acting like a child and most likely have no respect for others.

I live in Louisiana, you can't get any more "south" than that. I also work in a predominantly black area and have many black friends. I act no different to black/white/latino/asian...ANYONE. Hell I have 2 asian roommate. Working w/ the public, you see alot of idiots...and I will say this now, there are just as many white as black idiots.

You need to get a grasp on real life, not some thug-wanna-be ignorance that is sweeping the nation. If you feel that you have been mistreated, do this...give others the respect you would want to be given.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2888
real talk isaac "Sometimes the "racism" is all in your perception. For example,if you hated someone, then no matter what that person does, he/she will never do anything right in your eyes. Perhaps, maybe it's time you wipe your eyes clean so that you can see more clearly?"

so true........

Silver Member

Post Number: 232
canaan, for you to say i desevered to be chased and spat upon when i was twelve is sad as well. I guess all you guys are going to agree, cause you all dont like what i said. Oh well what can you say.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2348
Such a great point Issac made. I'm compassionate in the sense that if someone HAS been a victim of ture racism, i can understand how it would be hard to deal with, but attributing racist motives to everything people do to you or someone else where you feel you/they have been wronged, is just making the problem wayyyyy worse.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1048
bump for Canaan. you said it perfectly

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2889
we havent been taught in this time in age how to forgive or forget...

Gold Member

Post Number: 2349
props to Jemone for keeping his cool and talking about this respectfully. I may not agree with his views, but i don't think he deserves to be attacked verbally.

it's a heated topic, lotta passion in this thread, lets try to keep it respectful.

Silver Member

Post Number: 233
I am not trying to say what vick did right, but having known people involved in certain things contrary to the law, the punishment tended to be harsher on people with the darker skin. One of my close friends who got caught with a pound of kind, and got probation(luckily).He laughed and said " its good to be a white boy"LOL My other friend got caught with 4 dimes and was in for four months. Maybe I know to many people who get caught.LOL They were both in dekalb county.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2351
circumstances of their arrest/crimes are significant, as well as their criminal histories. Nothing you said would show that the differences in their punishments weren't just.

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15984
i thought they were a bit harsh on vick.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1050
one of my best friends, who has darker skin, was already on probation,had several warrants out for his arrests for various other violations, stopped going to probation and got caught with a lbs or two of green only got 6 months..thank gawd.

Gold Member
Username: Livin_loud

Do Work Fi Audio

Post Number: 2021
if anything his time in jail will be a vacation

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1051
^x2
it'll be another paris hilton type deal, I believe

Silver Member

Post Number: 234
He got mad lucky. Maybe its not the south thats racist in general, maybe its Dekalb county. SH1t, i need to move!!!LOL

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1052
in most cases,I would say that the north is worse about racism than the south. but that's just from me living in Colorado and Texas, and having friends in Ohio

Silver Member

Post Number: 235
Hey thieves my uncle is from Chicago. He said when he was a teen ,him and his friend were literally chased by about twelve folks for being in the wrong neighborhood at the wrong time, so you might be right.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5509
i'm just wondering since you seem to think only blacks are mistreated or whatever. so what about a white person walkng through an all black neighborhood and being chased out. or beaten. or whatever. what would that be? you think if i would walk through an all black neighborhood where you're from jemone not a single person would say something to me? nothing at all would happen to me?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2352
"if anything his time in jail will be a vacation"

literally JUST saw on ESPN, Roger Cosack their legal analyst reporting that Vick will be doing his time in a Federal Prison Camp. Then he said something along the lines of "Don't be fooled by the word 'camp', this is a real prison. He will not get to leave for periods or go home at night. He will not have tvs or radios or such items in his cell. He will not have is own shower and things of that nature. It is DEFINITELY a place where you do not want to be."

Silver Member

Post Number: 237
I dont know ctmike, why dont you try it out and see how it fits.LOL

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5510
i'd walk anywhere i want, doesn't bother me none. been there, done that. simply asking you. you seem to be crying about how only blacks are wronged, all racism is directed towards blacks type stuff. but what about if it's reversed? would it be a racist act then?

Silver Member

Post Number: 240
Of course, I love all people, and cant stand racism in any form. I believe all men are brothers. I of all people know that black people can be some of the most racist people on the planet. I have stopped associating with people because of the way they talked to a Caucasian friend of mine. When black people are racist they have a tendency to be very callous,and feel justified about it. Racism is wrong no matter who perpetrates it.

Gold Member
Username: Drivingreckless

DD 9515f, 148.2 db Mov...

Post Number: 4856
he shouldve lied like lil kim...

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2071
Jemone ur a fu(king idiot. I've been pulled over several times, asked if it was my car, and searched for no apparent reason... I guess it's jus cuz I'm young and White lol. ur a jack4ss.

Silver Member

Post Number: 243
Hey jordan you are in Kentucky, no one black lives there, they have no choice but to pull yo white 4$$ over. Im just kiddin', its the home of original recipe, so you know black folks live there.!!LOL Hey maybe I am a jack4$$

Gold Member

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2079
lol...it's jus the "its cuz im black" excuse went out in like the 70s maybe. Any cop whos truely honest about it knows that they stereotype ppl, all of em, its jus the way ppl are...

Silver Member
Username: Tiki89

Post Number: 209
"Jemone ur a fu(king idiot. I've been pulled over several times, asked if it was my car, and searched for no apparent reason... I guess it's jus cuz I'm young and White lol. ur a jack4ss."

LMFAO the reason you also got searched is because you are a blood wannabe wigger

Silver Member

Post Number: 245
Thats true, its just that as much as people dont like it. alot of stereo types are true. I like chicken , I love water melon, and the cheapest person, i know is, dare I say it, Jewish.LOL

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 257
But OJ Simpson walks a free man...

...yeah i agree the Judicial system rocks!

Silver Member

Post Number: 247
How the heck he went free is anybody's guess. Betcha they get his 4$$ on that hotel room hold up!!

Gold Member

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2080
OJ lmao.

Gold Member

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2081
OJ lmao.

Platinum Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 11531
Did somebody say chicken? WHERE???!!!

Gold Member
Username: Denali_on_22s

You can call me Scroog...

Post Number: 3276
glad it's not longer... not because what he did isn't wrong, but because i hate to see a great athlete wasted, and i hope he can come out a changed man and still be successful

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 151
i bet anybody hell only get 8 months after he appeals and what not

Silver Member
Username: Northomaha

Post Number: 634
I never realized how big of a deal dogfighting was. Its always gone on around where I am and its just not that big of a deal. If you wanna fight dogs, fight em I could care less, my dog just wont be involved. As far as the sentencing I personally think its excessive but the animal rights people now how to make a ruckus, there are so many other things in this world that need fixing other than Mike Vick

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1096
it's more than fighting them, it's the murdering of dogs, and the way that he did it, hanging, drowning, electricuting....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us