Saz 1500d question

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 637
Do these amps have the circuitry protection I think its called. Where it protects your amp from some of the clipping if your amp does clip it gives you "soft clipping" I was reading about it on 12 volt.com any1 know what I'm tlking about if so does the saz 1500d have it?

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Http://illuzonemu.serv..., ^^^Sick Game

Post Number: 7227
im pretty sure has short speakers protection and thermal protection.

the clipping think is just somevisual guide but the only ones who have them are higher end amps

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 647
^^^ what he said im pretty sure

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5648
I think the SAZ1500 only has protection from over heating.

So, it you drive it too hard and it heats up...it will shut down. As far as a clip-protection or clip-light, I dont think so. But DD amps have em.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7230
higher end protections circuits are expensive, and underground manufacturers amps to have them are rare liek the kicker amps that have srot something liek that it protects you from 5 diferent things because kicker is a qorld manufacturer and has more probabilities the product will be on hands of a noob.

sundownz are great amps but i think they are alil overpriced instead of the 1500d u can get a hifoncis bxi2006d for alot less and sitll get 300-200 watts extra free of charge and their sound are really clear and tehy have more protection if ur looking for that extra safe thing, the only thing that the sundown has in advantage is going more than 1 ohm but even if u run it at 0.5 ohms it will give the power as teh bxi2006d at 1 ohm and still u will be risking your sundown amp.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5477
so you think at .5ohm the saz1500d will do the same power as the bxi2006d? off same charging system and everything?

Gold Member

Post Number: 7232
0.5 ohms teh sundownz got benched to do around 1700 rms by sundownz with good charging no voltage drops and the 2006d will give you atleast 1800 rms at 1 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4447
That sundown amp is known to run run .5 ohm daily with no problems at all.

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5487
i've read many people benching their 1500ds' doing more than 1600wrms @ 1ohm, so i'm pretty sure at .5ohm it'll do more than that hifonics.

and if you're referring to that one thread on the ssa forum on the power testing rob, it does say thier was a voltage drop. if you're referring to the same post (almost sure you are).

Silver Member

Post Number: 659
ive read almost 1700 watts

Gold Member

Post Number: 7234
hahah ok///

at sundownz they benched their own amps with low voltage and another with no voltage drop.

the sundownz dont give the pwoer like that especific model of hifonics maybe at 0.25 ohms ill beilve you..

so ctmike ur telling me that the power testing from sundownz are not correct and teh rumors u heard from people who own those amps and try to look really smart and say they benched the amp and those people are smarter than than sundownz??

and one more thing why did sundownz dropped their 0.5 ohms warranty ummmmmmmmmmm....

Silver Member

Post Number: 661
ppl werent using a good enough charging system

Gold Member

Post Number: 7235
ohh ok if u said its cool thats your point of view and i respect that.

anyway believe me or not im cool with it jejej... and if u dont call me a noob i dont care

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3105
i think the sundown will do well over2k at .5 ohms and i know the hifonics wont last longat.5 and probably wouldnt see toomuch of a gain from 1 to .5ohms

its odd because ive sen the test where the 1500 has done over 1700-1800 watts easy a 1 ohm. it will do 1600 at 10.75 volts if thats what you mean. also the hifonics amp is rated at 14.4 volts so at 10.75 im sure it maybe does 1200-1300. sundown over hifoncs anyday. and that sir is where i stand.

Silver Member

Post Number: 663
lol ^^^ thats what the ppl from sundown claim

Gold Member

Post Number: 7238
ppl from sundownz?? u eman customers who buy them or sundownz itself?

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
^^^^agree with hunter,hifonics is not worth it imo anyways

Gold Member

Post Number: 7239
1 amp, single 1000ca everstart maxx, factory alt

4 ohm nominal = 518 watts @ 88% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 14.0v)
2 ohm nominal = 948 watts @ 85% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 13.6v)
1 ohm nominal = 1510 watts @ 78% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.4 volts
.5 ohm nominal = 1615 watts @ 72% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 11.8v)
.35 ohm nominal = 1748 watts @ 67% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 11.4v)

amplifier was protection happy @ .35 with tones, and some music.

IMO.. one 1500d should be limited to 1 ohm nominal use in factory electrical systems.. for the sake of the car.. not the amp

now... to have fun with some juice..

1 amp, single 1000ca everstart maxx, 1 Eagle Picher 12a5000, factory alt

4 ohm nominal = 520 watts @ 88% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 14.1v)
2 ohm nominal = 960 watts @ 84% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 13.7v)
1 ohm nominal = 1635 watts @ 75% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.8 volts
.5 ohm nominal = 1890 watts @ 71% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.8v)
.35 ohm nominal = 2245 watts @ 65% efficiency (voltage fell from 14.3v, to 12.8v)

the sundownz amp can be aroudn teh output of the 2006d int eh 0.5 ohms zone and lower and with hell of a good charging and it will keep up witht he 06d

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5488
the only reason jacob dropped .5ohm warranty was because of to many returned amps that were fried due to user error. he even said so himself. he also said that the amps are still, and always were, capable of running daily at .5ohm, only he wont warranty them simply due to people not knowing what they are doing and ruining themselves. no fault of the amps at all, all user error is what caused him to drop the warranty.

and it's not all rumors i've heard of them being benched. yes, many people are stating their amps have benched more than 1500w @ 1ohm. my brothers amp benched over 1650 (can't remember exact #) at 1ohm. so yes, i will believe they do more than rated 1500w.

and if you are referring to the same post on thier forum that's stickied, you can see the test was from a customer, not jacob. and he clearly states their was a voltage drop.

and if they can't do more than rated power, how do you explain the power testing of a pair of them strapped and them doing more than 4700w @ 16v i think it was? so even with voltage drop down to 14.4v, it'll still do more than 1500w, probably closer to 1700w.

and even the 1000d, which jacob even says isn't built to be the power house amp that the saz series are, he even benched that amp at slightly over 1100wrms.

and i agree, i'd take a sundown over a hifonics. the only reason you say differently imo is that you own hifonics.

Silver Member

Post Number: 667
if i could afford it i would buy another sx 15 buy a saz 1500 and a ho alt and a new vehicle to put all this in and be done with it

Gold Member

Post Number: 7240
I KNOW UR SPEAKING LIKE THAT BECAUSE IM PRETTY SURE YOU OWN SOME BUT STILL I RESPECT THAT.

I NEVER SAID THAT THE AMPS WERE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING 0.5 OHMS I, I KNOW THEY CAN DO 0.35 OHMS TOO

SO DONT TRY TO PROVE TO ME SOMETHING I ALREADY KNOW.

IS BECAUSE I SEE PEOPLE TELLIGN OH MAN I SEEN BENCHED THOSE AMP 2K RMS AT 0.75 OR 1 OHM AND I MEAN I KNOW THEIR GOOD AMPS BUT THATS JUST TOO MUCH.

IM NOT COMPARING BURPS. OR NOTHING WE ARE TALKING RATINGS NOT ABUSSIVE RATINGS,

WE ARE TALKIGN RATINGS AT 14.4 VOLTS AND 1 OHM
EVEN THO U SAID THAT THEY DROP REALLY LOW IT WOULDNT MATTER BECAUSE ULL NEED ONE HELL OF A CHARGING SYSTEM TO BACK IT UP JUST TO GAIN 100-200 WATTS I MEAN DROPPING FROM 1 OHM TO 0.5 ON THE SUNDOWNZ U ALMOST LOSE 5% OF EFFICIENCY. AND GUESS WHAT EVERY TIME U GO LOWER THD OR THE HARMONIC DISTORTION INCREASE.

ITS BETTER TO HAVE AN AMP TO PUSH THE RATED POWER AT 1 OHM THAN THE OTHER ONE PUSHIGN SAME POWER AT 0.5 OHMS LESS STRAIN ON THE AMP, BETTER EFFICIENCY AND WARMER SOUND,

BUT I SITLL THINK SUNDOWNZ ARE LIL PRICY BUT IM NTO SAYING THEIR NOT GOOD IM JUST SAYING ITS ALIL PRICY AND FOR THAT PRICE OF THAT AMP U CAN GET SOMETHING ELSE AND CAN GIVE YOU BETTER RESULTS BUT IF UR LOOKIGN FOR FLEXIBILITY THE SUNDOWNZ GOT MY VOTE( STRAPPING, EASY CHANGE OF OHM LOADS ETC..)

Silver Member
Username: Big_edge_head

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 906
i got mine for 323 brand new. and so did phil

Silver Member
Username: Philly306

BUILT NOT BOUGHT, North carolina

Post Number: 607
lil rob dont ever compare the efficiency of a sundown to a hifonics
saz1500d > 2006d anyday

Gold Member

Post Number: 7241
ahah alright bro if u said so

Silver Member

Post Number: 608
yes i do say so and you'd be stupid to think otherwise

Gold Member

Post Number: 7242
hahaaha

i think your the stupid one by trying to change the "point of view" of another person to meet your interests

when you understand then we'll talk

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5492
j/w rob, but if you had to choose either the hifonics or sundown to have as your sub amp (@1ohm usage), you'd take the hifonics?

Silver Member

Post Number: 609
"hahaaha

i think your the stupid one by trying to change the "point of view" of another person to meet your interests

when you understand then we'll talk"

Learn English then we'll talk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7243
i will man im still learning.. and you keep researching your info and resources.

Silver Member

Post Number: 673
"i got mine for 323 brand new. and so did phil"

where??????

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 908
ca.com

Bronze Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 53
steve. your amp is a piece. haha jk

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 909
eff u

Bronze Member
Username: Snowball123

West Allis, WI United States

Post Number: 55
settle man.

Gold Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana 2 DD3515s, 2...

Post Number: 5651
I will tell you this, after seeing the Sundown 1000d's...I would take the saz1500D over the 2006d for daily ANYDAY.

Dam nice amps at a good price. PERIOD.

It seems that everyone here on the forums is stuck on super low prices, well you know what...those Ebay prices kill brick and mortar stores. Yes, you can buy online and save alil cash, but if it were not for brick and mortar shops the 12V industry would be DEAD. So yea, go ahead a buy your Egay sub/amps/high/mids...you are killing the hobby you love.

I know some shops are high, but they have to up prices due to increase in online sales. Hell, egay store sell at cost + ship (alot of them are distributors that whor3 out the brands).

So, brands dealer only brands (and MAP pricing brands) are the best way to go to help the 12V community. If not those then online only companies like SS and Fi. At least they contribute to the 12V community.

Ebay = distruction of every mom-n-pop store on earth

You just THOUGHT WalMart was bad :-(

/rant

(cliff-notes: get the SAZ1500D)

Silver Member

Post Number: 680
Man times are changing you to go with the flow the brick n mortar store error is on its way out give it about 10-15 years and brick in mortar stores will prbably be far and few in between for stuff like car audio and non neccesity items. Thats exactly why im working on a degree in E-Bussiness and management.

Silver Member

Post Number: 681
Man times are changing you to go with the flow the brick n mortar store era is on its way out give it about 10-15 years and brick in mortar stores will prbably be far and few in between for stuff like car audio and non neccesity items. Thats exactly why im working on a degree in E-Bussiness and management.

Silver Member

Post Number: 682
i got 1 alredii i was jsut curious the amp is big and heavy as hel1 lol

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5498
keep it and don't ever listen to anyone that says a hifonics 2006 is better or will do more power.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 912
:-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 7245
hahahah

if you want to compare the price of the sundownz 1500d to another hifoncis of the same range.

check the bxi2607d nothing like the current lines.

haha u suckas

Silver Member

Post Number: 689
i was actually planning on getting tht amp but didnt feel like doing all the electrical upgrades tht 2607d is a nice amp

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5505
yeah, online the hifonics bxi2006 goes for around $330-350 shipped. sundown saz1500, about $450 shipped. better build quality (when's the last time you read about a 1500d going bad compared to the threads posted about hifonics), better customer service (can call-pm jacob whenever and he's always willing to chat), at the least the same power, better warranty, better resale value. yeah, i'd pay the extra for the sundown.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7246
if u comparing products of price and what you will expect th e bxi2607d is 450 the sundownz 1500d too.

the sundowz u get good build quality, strapable mode.

and with the bxi2607d u get all that too but guess what???? 2500 rms at 1 ohm and if you say that specific model is Cr@p i bet my @ss u never try it, owned, hear it etc..

Gold Member

Ct.

Post Number: 5507
i'm comparing products of equal/almost equal power. seeing how the 2006 and 1500d are about equal with power output, that's the 2 i'm comparing.

but since you're comparing amps around the 2500wrms range (which sundown doesn't make. 3000d is a little more), why not compare the 2607 and say a kicker 2500. which would you take given price was the same?

and between the 2006 and saz1500d, again price being the same, which would you choose?

not saying hifonics is complete junk, but did own one and there nothing to brag about. great budget amp but that's where i place them, as many others would also. imo i'd rather save a bit more and get something better.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7247
my friend u took that to another level read my first post.

better yet i will retype it for you well paste since im not going to type it all over again.

"sundownz are great amps but i think they are alil overpriced instead of the 1500d u can get a hifoncis bxi2006d for alot less and sitll get 300-200 watts extra free of charge and their sound are really clear and tehy have more protection if ur looking for that extra safe thing, the only thing that the sundown has in advantage is going more than 1 ohm but even if u run it at 0.5 ohms it will give the power as teh bxi2006d at 1 ohm and still u will be risking your sundown amp

my main point is that they are alil bit overpriced for the features that it has or the power it produce. :-):-) and another :-)

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1455
The .5 ohm warranty was dropped because some dealers were killing amps and not knowing what they were doing. We have a few guys running these amps at .25 daily. The amps wil take what you give them as long as you have a good power supply. The Sundowns do have a better build quality than Hifonics. I have seen tons of issues witht he Hifonics this year.

Grab a Sundown with a 2 year warranty (that you will never use) and be happy :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 7248
oh yeah??? i bought 4 bxi2006ds and never failed me even at 0.75 ohms but but then i had to upgrade jejej so i sold 3 and i got one left so now im running 1 zx2500.1 daily driving and i have 4 kx2500.1s on my closet waiting for a sub to kill

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1098
STOP TYPING JEJEJE, it's not cool, and it won't catch on

Gold Member

Post Number: 7249
im not trying to catch it stop being lil b1tch then ill stop. jeje

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1099
that post made no sense. dumb@ss.

Gold Member

Post Number: 7250
dont read it stupid.

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 917

Silver Member

Post Number: 618
there's no point in argueing with him. he will never change his mind. just let him think that way

Silver Member

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Post Number: 918
haha phil. your in school and im not. snow day ftw

Gold Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 1002
Sundown is far superior to Hifonics.... Sundown > Hifonics..... Sundown is way more efficient and powerful.... SUNDOWN FTW!!!!!!! JMO

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1461
You must have had like a 3 ohm box rise hehe.

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Team Revolution

Post Number: 3137
lmao
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us