Speakers battle, RD, rainbow or beyma

Gold Member
Username: Juliob

Santo DomingoDominican Re...

Post Number: 4955
Hello guys, this is a thread to see some reviews on these brands, i'd like to know how good are RD sonance speakers, their price and their performance against rainbow. The buyer used to own Beyma MI6100, they're loud as f.ck but too harsh and lack of SQ, so which would be a best buy, RD sonance or Rainbow vanadium etc..?

Kevin holden i'd like to know your personal opinion cuz you sell RD and i might hit you up if they're that good as i expect.

Thanks, juliob.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2161
rainbow profi vanadiums are sick speaks. ive owned em. loud tweet and mids are sooooo smooth. its like silk. throw on some van morrison - and it stoned me. that was by far my fav song to listen to. that and blind melon - change. sh!t, they still are. haha g/l dood

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 1368
Well, to be honest with you, I have not got the chance to hear the Sonance components yet. I have heard and played with the Alpha's, and I must say the are VERY clean. Not harsh at all. All components use soft dome tweeters. The Sonance is built same as Alphas, just with more beef.

Steve would be ALOT more help for you one this question, above is all I can really say. Hope it helped a little :-)

Kevin

Gold Member

Post Number: 4956
ok, i wanna know if they're better than Beyma MI6100 cuz you guys in USA love beyma but they don't sell it cuz they're from europe, but here in DR everyone uses beyma but i don't like them cuz their highs are annoying and very hard to tune with crossovers to avoid harsh notes.

i need to know if they worth the change.

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Gunshine , State Flawda

Post Number: 2166
if u dont like what you have why wouldnt it be worth the change? ya kno....

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5189
the rainbows are awsome

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 639
In my opinion juliob, I think at this level the sound quality will be subjective to the listener.
All the products you've listed are high-end pieces, but they all have their own unique sound, just as each human has their own unique set of decibel receptors, aka, the ears, and so what may sound good to me or Kevin or any other person, may not be what sounds best to you.
As for build quality and value, I'm not sure, they're all built with an acute attention for detail.
Sound quality is so subjective.
Personally?...I'm a purist, all analog(vinyl, tape), stereophonic recording, stereophonic playback, tube amplification, i'm not much of a digital connoisseur lol. I like the detail, thee immense amount of information digital playback can provide, but theres just something that is lost, an aura, a....umm, i dont know, i think its the 3rd dimension that you can only attain with a stereo phonic signal and play back.
You need "depth" perception for an accurate representation of sound, the same rings true stereoscopically.
Theres more to a recording than dynamic range.

The ears work much like the eyes.
With ONE eye, you can only "see" a ONE image, or a 2 dimensional image.
With TWO eyes, your brain differentiates between the two images giving you a THIRD dimension.
Commonly referred to as "depth perception".
Which is why a person who is blind in one eye doesnt possess the ability to differentiate whether or not an object is coming closer to them or just getting larger, they have no depth perception.
Well the same is true with audio.
Your ears have this ability as well, with with one ear, you can hear just fine, how loud something is, how quiet it is, but!....you wont be able to hear where it is coming from.

In an analog stereophonic recording, theres something special, a real-time re-representation of sound. Played back stereo-phonically a listener can close his/her eyes and not only hear the amplitude and detail of the recording...but more importantly they can visualize where each sound is coming from.
Forget music for a second, imagine a recording of a helicopter flying in a circle around you.
Ideally, you would want to record with 2 microphones each on their own channel, with a distance no more than 6 to 10 inches apart, much like your ears.
Now, when this is played back in stereo, you can close your eyes and audibly see(lol) the helicopter flying around you.
This is an example of depth perception, a 3rd dimension.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4957
OK ZAC, you just won a PHD son :D lol!

Problem is i'm not the one complaining about beyma, i'm doing a favor to a friend, the problem is that beyma is known for SPL purposes and maybe if rainbow is so SQ oriented, he might feel like he lost his money, that happened to him with MB quart Q series, he lost 500$ and he didn't like them at that time, that's the reason of my post.

I'm happy with my cr4ppy budget setup that wangs hard

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 113
Ill send you some pictures and info on our new components. They are pretty nice the new ones retail for 649.00 but i am sure we can get you a great price to use them and reveiw them.

200wrms
1" silk dome
cast basket and 2" vc
composit cone
Very nice and would love to get a couple reveiws on them.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us