HELP ME OUT!! GOT SOME QUESTIONS

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 246
ok i just recently got a dd9918 in on trade and i am only gonna run 2000rms to it for the moment first question is....will it still b loud on only 2k?

second question is....well i'm in a 98 pontiac grand prix 2-door....i am removing rear seat to place sub in seats location.....should i fire sub forward with port firing forward or ....sub facing up and port firing to side......just didnt no which will be the loudest and figured some of you guys had dealt with this already..cause it really changes box design for me...any help greatly apprecieated....

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3605
the 99 will get fairly loud with only 2k, but will handle 3x that much power, and for a box go sub and port forward.

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 247
well my friend had a 99 seville and two treo ssi 15's and we put them in rear seat facing forward and they sounded like sh!t and then faced them up and they sounded good..but i notice alot ofpeeps on here are facing subs and port forward...and didnt no why???

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

Murray, Kentucky

Post Number: 2007
i was thinkn sub up port up...or sub up port side...possibly sub forward and and port up or side. In my caddy port/subs forward sounded bad, both up was ALOT louder.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3609
useally sub and port forward will yield better spl resutls but sub and port up will sound better cause the wave will "load" off the window or roof.

Silver Member

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 248
thanks bro that helps alot...yea i gonna be running daily not comps so i figure up and port up is good..thanks for your help
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us