Jim,

Upload

Upload

Above is the draft of the enclosure.

The design is based off the dimensions you provided in the other thread:

With cup holder: 20 1/2" in length on each side of cup holder

Cupholder/tirejack measurements:
13 3/4" H x 7 1/2" W x 9 1/2" L

With the lengths totaled would make the box width 50 1/2".

You stated the subs are Kicker Comps and that you are using four of these which kick spec's state the volume - sealed @ 1.0 cu.ft. plus sub displacement @ .034 cu.ft.

All that being said, the actual enclosure size is 50 1/2" w x 16" h x 12" d, the subwoofers would be separate chambers.

As for the amps you stated about mounting them on the sides of the enclosure, that may be possible since given the width of the enclosure, there is room to work with.

What amps are you going to be using - Name/Model??

Bronze Member
Username: Blackdouglas76

Post Number: 14
Paul,

I might have typed the wrong thing before, but I was going to mount the amps on top. One on each side with the distribution block in the center.

I was going to mount a sub in the front and on the side of the box of on each side of the cupholder because the models looked different. I don't think that is a good idea the more I think about it. I would rather do what you have pictured above even though the subs won't match.

Are you suggesting that I use a box that goes all the way across and take out the cupholder. I would have thought that your design would have either covered the jack with the cupholder cover being removed, or by having the MDF angled around the cupholder. If I am going to go with a design like above, I have access to plenty of those designs locally. They are fairly cheap. Should I go with one of these and sacrifice the cupholder and tirejack?

Both the amps are the same, go here:
Amp- http://www.pioneer.com.sg/storefront/ProductDetail/default.asp?ProductId=308&Cat Id=,2,26
Sub-
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-fYk1J34f2u6/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=217950&I=2 065C104

My other two subs are so old, that there is not much on the internet about them, they are new but old school Kickers with similar specs.

Thanks for the interest,
JIM

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 349
Jim,

It make no sense to leave the cup holder in place only to cover over it with the enclosure since all that would be doing is losing space that can be used for the enclosure.

If the cupholder/tire jack can come out without much fuss, take them out, build the enclosure to fit and be done with it.

As for the subs, not a wise idea to mix subs period even if the spec's seem similar the bass response is not going to be good and you end up with bass cancellation.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us