No Sub Preamp Outputs

Username: Rustyranger

Post Number: 1
Hey Im kinda new to the whole car audio scene and I had a few questions. I recently bought a new cd player, subs, speakers, and amp for my truck. After buying the cd player i realized it has no sub preamp outputs. What kind of problems is this going to give me? I am going to be running 2 12's through my 600 watt amp, and have 2 polk db door speakers (6.5") that i will be running from the head unit. Any help or clarity on the subject would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12282
r u going to run ur deck straight to ur amp\s or going to use a preamp ? .....

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 5163
You're going to need a Line out converter.Look into JL Audio's Cleansweep.Or you can look into a Line out converter/Line Driver from Phoenix Gold,I can't remember the exact name or model but they make one that's pretty nice.

Silver Member
Username: Boomtank

Rochester, NY USA

Post Number: 355
Phoenix Gold SLD44 SIGNAL LINE DRIVER PROCESSOR
or
Peripheral P35 Two Channel Adjustable Line Output Converter

are 2 reasonably cheap ones

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3282
Woah, hold on here. Does the HU have any peramp outputs at all? If it does, just connect the sub amp to the front or rear peramp jacks, and set the crossover on the amp.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5170
M.S. what you said will work but I'd rather get another head unit :-) I don't think that's an option though.Can you still return the head unit?If you can get one with sub level outputs.

Gold Member
Username: Blainew

Post Number: 2678
Pierce..... just use the RCAs that are there... it will be fine, but the only problem will be that when u turn up the bass on your head unit it will not only turn up your subs but it will turn up the bass in your speakers...try to get a new HU...if not just use the rcas that are already on ur head unit

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

West palm, Florida

Post Number: 5146
yeah use what you got if you cant return it why send the kid out to buy more stuff that he doesnt need rob, plus a LOC is going to drop his sq if he did that.

Post Number: 2
So blaine if i ran it thru the regular rca's and put bass blockers on my speakers would i be ok? And Rovin I plan to run my deck to my amp. I think Im gonna use the deck preamps for the door speakers though because i dont know if ill have the wattage to push them through that 600 watt amp with the subs.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5185
"yeah use what you got if you cant return it why send the kid out to buy more stuff that he doesnt need rob, plus a LOC is going to drop his sq if he did that."

The JL Cleansweep provides pretty nice SQ.

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

4 10 Pioneer...

Post Number: 12294
^^^but isnt it like $250 or so ?

IMO...better u buy a new HU instead of using that ...

Silver Member
Username: Volfenhagking1600

SSD Wangin, Shawano, Wis... USA

Post Number: 985
what subs amp and cd player did you buy???

Post Number: 3
Hu: Dual XDMR7710
Amp: Alphasonik pmz series
Subs: Rockford Fosgate Punch
Speakers: Polk DB 6.5"

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 3289
" if i ran it thru the regular rca's and put bass blockers on my speakers would i be ok? "

Thats exactly what you need to do. If you don't want to buy different equipment that is.

Gold Member

Post Number: 5231
"^^^but isnt it like $250 or so ?

IMO...better u buy a new HU instead of using that ..."

Well...I'd use the cleansweep in order to retain certain controls that are run through the radio on a stock HU.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us