Lead terminal wire burning questions.....

Gold Member
Username: Thomas_g

NM

Post Number: 2342
Ok does it have to be a certain kind of wire for the lead terminal wires?? ON my Q's they burnt, so i tried 16 gauge after about 15 seconds of bumping they burnt off from the terminal side instead of the side of the vc, then i tried 12 gauge it lasted i would say about 10 minutes. Should i maybe try 8 gauge?? Or must it be a certain kind of wire?? Thanx guyz.

Gold Member
Username: Shortysetnies

Rock Vegas, NC US

Post Number: 1323
wow. I use 12 ga and I've never had a problem with them. You should be able to use whatever speaker wires you want and be fine

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2344
What kind of subs do you have??

I looked at the manufacture lead terminal wires and they look maybe only like 16 or 14 gauge, i wonder why it keeps burning them. Maybe to much power going through them??

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 679
theres gotta be some kind of clipped signal. or a fuse blowing somewhere. 1000 watts wont do that

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

My 1 12 Atom...

Post Number: 11548
y dont u do the right thing & send that sub back to FI so they will fix it good 4u ......

Gold Member

NM

Post Number: 2345
Because since ive already attempted to fix it( poppind dust caps off and such) i dont think Scott will do it. I also dont have time or money for that. Its hard for me to go 1 day without bass.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1535
they usually use a braided wire for that because it will flex back and forth with out breaking. its not that the wire your using is too small, its that it is too stiff and when your cone moves it bends it back and forth until it breaks. go to radio shack and get some soldier wick. it is braided and flexes good. cant guarantee how long it will work though.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

Team RD Audio

Post Number: 7451
WoW. I would use at least 12. And I would only use 12 if i had to. More like 10.

Gold Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 1536
I think he is talking about the lead that goes to the voice coil?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us