Car audio prices to drop?

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 553
Well after being back on the forums and active for about a month, lernd about the new internet brands or car audio... fi, RE, DD,etc...well its come to my attention that these are the best quality subs, for the best price... there fore there all competing against eachother, who can have the best sounding sub for the cheapest... so do u guys think car audio will only get cheaper? or about stay the same... another thing what if fi, re, and dd expanded and was then sold by lets say Best buy for example, that would put an end to kicker and rockford? or atleast drop there prices.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1082
fi re and dd will never be sold at bestbuy, thats just the nature of these companies, if they sold them at BB i wouldnt buy them, the best thing about buying "underground" subs, well of course they are the best quality, but second of all people saying, oh fi/dd/re ive never heard of that they must suck, then....... BOOM lol but no they will stay about the same, cant get much cheaper they gotta make a profit lol

Gold Member
Username: J_baby15

DiRtY 5oUtH ...

Post Number: 1823
dont see it happenin...they are expensive for a reason. Theres always gunna b cheap BB and CC brands/models, then theres gunna b Fi BTLs, RE XXX, and DD9500s. I don't see them dropping down much in price, however, each brand does offer a low line which is usually cheap enuf to satisfy the common person.

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 554
well wat im saying... if the majority of ppl find out about fi, re, dd... which can easily compare to rockford, kicker, infinity, and sheit on them... then the majority would buy fi, re, dd... and force rockford, kicker, infinity, hifonics, etc to drop there prices... or give you more for the buck, try to beat out the better companys.

Gold Member
Username: Splmonster

C-Town, OH USA

Post Number: 1083
lol the best thing is there will always be stupid ppl to buy crap stuff they sell at best buy and circuit city, so to answer your question no because like i said the best thing about fi/re/dd is that they will always be "underground" companies not true with dd or re, but like fi, aa, audioque dont sell there products other than directly from there site, so only ppl who actually deserve to have a good subwoofer will, because of you take the time and really put some thought into it u could get an awsome system, or if ur an idiot go to your local BB and pick up a crap set of subs for real cheap....

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 1739
Never say never when people see $ they do crazy sh!t.

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1206
there will always be that class of ppl who dont want to get too involved in car audio, as the majority of ppl just want a lil bump and are willing to pay dealer fees and installation so when they screw sumthin u, they can pay lil johnny at BB to screw the + to the + on his amp.

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1312
^x2

Gold Member
Username: Wingmanalive

A pic is worth 1000 posts!!

Post Number: 6646
Mainstream brands are cheap for a reason. They spend $$$ on advertising instead of research and development into a quality product. Worse yet is they know their crap is crap. They figure it's worth more to the bottom line to fool the general public than actually impress them. I say no thanks. I like my "never heard of" brands. Period.

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1168
x2 paul, im right there with you

Gold Member

Post Number: 6647
I checked on Ebay for a Stereo Integrity product of any kind and found zero results. I typed in Kicker subs and got hundreds of hits. Is it nobody is selling their Stereo Integrity sub cause they love them too much, or everyone hates their Kickers? Hmmmmmm........

Again, stay away from mainstream.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2708
"Again, stay away from mainstream."

If the product is actually good then why stay away?I wish they sold Funky Pups at CC and BB :-)

Gold Member

Post Number: 6651
Hey I'd buy a Funky pup sub just to say I had one. I wouldn't admit to using it, just having one.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1421
Don't be dissin' Funky Pups, they bang yo

Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 6656
I WANT ONE!!!Upload

Gold Member
Username: Trey4sports

Post Number: 1210
to answer your question rob, if its actually a good mainstream brand, why stay away?
because your gonna pay a ridiculous amount of money for the product. I.E. Jl audio equipment

Gold Member

Post Number: 2710
I didn't know JL was mainstream.I don't see them at CC and BB...I've only seen it at Car Audio shops.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2711
Alpine is mainstream and can be had for a decent price at BB.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1740
Mainstream means well known products.

Just because there mainstream products doesn't make them cheap.

Mainstream products are sold at your local car audio dealers and at CC,BB.

Kicker ZX amps are sold at CC and I think there kickazz amps.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1741
JL Audio is a mainstream products.

Silver Member
Username: Renegadesrun

Lafayette, IN US

Post Number: 836
Price of gas (for shipping, record high), price of copper (record high), price of metal (record high) =

He77 no.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us