HeadUnit Catastrophe!

Silver Member
Username: J_c_wheeler8

Columbus, IN United States

Post Number: 616
I've been fu*kin with this new alpine HU since I got home from school yesterday, till 11:00 last night, and all this morning.... I finally got the HU wired up so that on Tuner Mode, all 4 speakers work.. I switch to CD mode, and none of the speakers work.. Only the subs come on.. I have tried fu*king with all the control features but nothing is working... I am so close, but this speaker sh!t is pissin me off! Any help would be much appreciated..

Upload

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5019
do you have the internal amp off or ic-off??

Silver Member

Post Number: 617
"do you have the internal amp off or ic-off??"
I'm not sure, explain Rob. Whats ic-off? Is it a feature on the HU? Also, where is the internal amp? Is there one on both front and rear speakers? It worked fine with my other HU on, so i didnt think I had to mess with those?

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 550
i say take it to bestbuy or local car audio spot... if u go best buy just say u bought it from there .

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

IF U HEAR ME... crazydbs.com

Post Number: 5021
newer alpine units ht ehigher ends have a feature that they will not use their internal power ( like 45x4watts) theres a fuction called ic-off and on or someting similar. that will bypass the internal amp of amplification of hte deck only puttinout power form the rcas this function its when u are using 4 ch amp and a mono amp they will not push power tru the decks internal amp so if u put the internal amp on then it will push the power tru the 4 channels of the deck

Gold Member
Username: Oglejust

Post Number: 1679
do u have a remote antenna?

Silver Member

Post Number: 618
I think my problem is my internal amp... I think I know how to fix it, I was desperate and asked a guy at CC, and funny thing is.. he knew what he was talking about. I'll keep you guys posted and let you know. Thanks for the help.

Silver Member

Post Number: 619
ITS A SUCCESS! I disconnected the remote wire from the solid blue wire and the light blue wire on the stock harness from the blue/white wire. I tied the lightblue wire with the remote wire and also tied in the blue/white wire with that, so 3 wires were soldered together. The solid blue wire was left hanging, but everything works, speakes, antenna, subs, everything! The other problem was the Power IC feature on my HU, whenever I turn that off, the speakers disengage and only the subs come on. When i turn it on, the subs and speakers come on! Thanks to the guy at CC and Rob, I finally got this all worked out, and spent a total of $7 dollars on a harness at walmart, which didnt even fit, so i took it back. HU: $129.00 Out of pocket. INSTALL: $0.00. MISTAKES Costing me a fortune: $0.00.

Gold Member
Username: Killerzracing71

Fredericksburg, Virginia United states

Post Number: 1400
BEAYYYYYYYYYYYYYAHHHHH

Silver Member
Username: Reppinqc

Charlotte, NC USA

Post Number: 501
nice
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums