Equalizer

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1642
hey guys im looking for a nice 30 band EQ for my system. since ive never owned an EQ before, i really dont know what to look for. id like to keep it under 300 shipped, if at all possible. ive been looking online and so far this one looks like the best bet.

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=1264

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Southeast PA

Post Number: 1115
Audiocontrol makes great stuff, that's a good choice.

Platinum Member
Username: Glasswolf

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11706
the audiocontrol digital line is waht you want, unless you plan to go with a matched DSP/head unit like the Pioneer P9 combo or Alpine's F#1status setup.
The DQT or similar from AC is your best bet.

Gold Member
Username: Jakeyplaysbass

St. Louis, MO

Post Number: 1643
thanks MS and Glass.

Glasswolf, i was looking online for the dqt and the lowest i can find it is for 360+shipping on ebay. i really did not want to spend that much money on it. is there any other brand or a different eq that AC makes that would be under my price range?

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11717
if you want a 30 band 1/3-octave EQ, it's going to cost you a lot.
they aren't cheap.

Platinum Member

Wisteria, Lane USA

Post Number: 11718
I should mention they aren't cheap because the only people who need that much system control are usually SQ competitors, using these EQs in combination with an RTA to set sound curves in their vehicle, and correct for environmental variables, or shape HLCD speakers, and so forth.

People who just want a bit of on the fly sound shaping use a graphic EQ, not a 1/3 octave model.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us