Best Car Speakers for Eclipse RS 2001

Username: Chistoffs

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, I have a little knowledge of car audio but I need some help. I just installed an Alpine CDA-9856 and I still have the stock 6.5"'s and 6x9"'s. I do however have a 2-channel 800 Watt amp in the back to power my two 10's. Ever since I installed the new head unit, I can't seem to adjust my speakers to sound right at all. The highs are peircing, and if I turn the treble down the sound turns to crap.

So I am wondering if I need new speakers for my car. I have been looking at Coaxial and Component speakers of Polk Audio, JL, and Boston Acoustic. Now, are components really hard to install or are they relatively easy?

So I was wondering if I need new speakers, what brand is the best, regardless of price, and if you would recommend component or coaxial. Any help you could offer would be GREATLY appreciated. Thank You!

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1087
IIRC you should have sail panel tweets and 6.5 in the door so a component setup should be easy. I would suggest the CDT EF or if you can make a spacer for the doors get the HD 6.5 components. You need atleast 100rms on the EF's and 150rms on the HDs.

Username: Chistoffs

Post Number: 6
Thanks for the tip

Gold Member
Username: Alteraudiousa

Concord

Post Number: 1096
if you'd like the components, email me and i'll get you a set.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us