6x9's

Bronze Member
Username: Dsmith07

Post Number: 35
i know this topic doesnt belong in this category but there is more traffic on this topic than the "speakers" one so i put it in here too

im looking to buy a pair of 6x9's in the 100-150 dollar range to upgrade my $hit sony's (impulse buy i guess) im looking at these jl's
http://cgi.ebay.com/JL-AUDIO-VR690-CXi-VR-6x9-2-way-SPEAKERS-PAIR-6-x-9-NEW_W0QQ itemZ300002060110QQihZ020QQcategoryZ14942QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
anybody have any experience with these or know if they are any good?

also these RF's
http://cgi.ebay.com/ROCKFORD-FOSGATE-T1693C-3-WAY-6x9-CAR-SPEAKERS-NEW_W0QQitemZ 9744807340QQihZ008QQcategoryZ14942QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

any more suggestions within the price range are welcome

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
bump?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 44
bump? again?

Silver Member
Username: Dannyboyy

Peterborough, NH USA

Post Number: 220
i say get the jls becuase jl is a better brand than rockford = better sq in the jls

Silver Member
Username: Van_man

Boston South, MA

Post Number: 697
Go to a store and listen to em. Polk DB or MOMO are nice. but again go listen to em at a store. JL sounded hollow when I heard them but it could have been the way they were amped at the store.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Ct

Post Number: 6012
Hey derek I responded to this on the other forum.

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Chicago, Ill Us

Post Number: 1256
i suggets buy a 5 1/4 speakers full range or components and a pair of 6x9 to 5 1/4 adapters if those are for your back seat, the oval shape makes stres points on the woofer that can produce mid freqensis clear as a round speakers the oval shape is only good for bass but for mid range frequensts is hard to produce due to the shape of the speaker
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us