Infinity 1242w watt ratings

Username: Mightyfish

United states

Post Number: 8
How come the rms rating on this sub is 300 and the max wattage is 1000. That's less than 1/3 than the max. But audiobahn, eclipse, pyramid, legacy have subs where the rms is half the max. To me this doens't make much sense

Silver Member
Username: Drivingreckless

Near tampa, Florida United state...

Post Number: 995
max i a number u should never pass wen it comes to subs......so if i were u i wouldnt worry about max and just keep in mind the rms.....also it just depends on thhe sub wen it comes to rms and peak so thier is no set standard for companies to set rms and peak

United states

Post Number: 9
I know there is no set standard, but why would infinity have their rms at 3/10 the max, while others rms is 1/2 the max. Could this be because Infinity doesn't want to deal with warenty issues so they just set the rms lower than what it actually is, or what?

Silver Member

Post Number: 998
IMO i think they do it just to be on the safe side becuz they no ppl will double thier rms and if its less then half then and ppl double it then they wont be hitting the max and the sub will be alright buts thts just my opinion u can contact infinity and ask them

United states

Post Number: 10
if my memory serves me right, a guy at a local circuit city had a kappa perfact, and he was running it to a 350 watt rms amp because that's what the subs rated at, he had it cranked and said that the sub sounded like it needed at least a 400-450 watt rms amp even though the sub was rated at 350 watts

Gold Member

Post Number: 1004
SUM TIMES ALSO SUM COMPANIES SUCH AS TREO UNDERRATE THIER SUBWOOFERS...I NO FOR A FACT THT MY TREO COULD HANDLE THE POWER I WUZ GIVIN IT
I GAVE 1200 WATTS TO SUMTHING RATED 400 A.K.A. TREO 12" TSX THT WUZ ONLY TO ONE
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us