Soundsplinter

Silver Member
Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 253
Okay. My friend is lookin for his first set up. It is going to go in a 2002 saab 95. I want him to love it. At first i was talking to him about getting one idmax 10 but i am going to be getting one 12" and i don't really want us to have the same setup. Then, i was thinking of 2 type r's in a custom slotted box. Now i am wondering if he would enjoy a single 12" soundplinter. By looking at these options, he needs to have low wattage and his budget is about 300. However, he does not have an ear for quality. But, i want him to enjoy a system with nice clean power that will still give you a sharp pain in the chest. This i hope will lead him to be a bass fanatic as i am (i need a comp. buddy).

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 812
so what is your question regarding SS?

Silver Member

Post Number: 254
Basically i want to know if two type r's are as good as one 12" soundplinter. Or any other suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 819
I have a Type R and love it. However I haven't heard a SS.

Silver Member
Username: Chrisklein

Post Number: 163
A type R isnt even in the same league as an RL-p from SS.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2779
I'd have to agree, I'd go with the Sound Splinter. I've looked in to them be for, and they look really nice. Great sq, and spl as well.

Silver Member

Post Number: 257
Ya but i was wondering if two type r's would be similair to a ss. Which would sound better two type r's in a slotted box or one ss in a sealed box?

Silver Member

Post Number: 258
Okay what about two infinity kappa perfects vs. two typr r's?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2783
The Infinity's will prob have the sq, but the R's will have the spl.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 4008
Try listening to RE MT in a ported box.

Bronze Member
Username: Tdbdadrummer

Post Number: 59
Don't get the Kappa's. My friend had a pair of them running to a 400W or 500W RMS X 2 Kicker amplifier (older model, well, old school Kicker lol) and the Infinity cones literally blew off, just as many Xplod subs do. Alpine' should hold out a lot better with higher power, and sound pretty dang good while doing it. Infinity is for the pansy ear lol.

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 290
dude just because you had one bad experience with a company doesn't make them bad...and just lettin ya know tyler you aren't supposed to push them hard right out of the box they are rated at 350 rms and you gave them 500 yea id expect that...lol...your supposed to "break in" a sub...

Silver Member
Username: Basshead86

Ocala, FL USA

Post Number: 715
infinity's subs are excellent for SQ. maybe you should read the owner's manual b4 operating. lol
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us