Subwoofers Cut Out

Username: Scazoo

Post Number: 1
Ok, this is a recent problem that I've been having. But, heres the backstory.
I installed my amp (pioneer 760 watt) and Subs (the crappy 2x12" duals from best buy) with a friend who had already done it on a grand am he owned before. Worked great for the first hour, blew the fuse, got another one, and low and behold, worked again. However, I'm thinking that blowing that fuse cracked my inline fuse holder. Because curently, it's cracked. I got a c-clamp and tightened it up; perfect again for two weeks.
Now, my amp is still getting power (the pretty blue light is still shining) but at any volume higher than 12 (my stereo goes from 0-31), the subs cut out...no bass....i cry...
The backstory may have nothing to do with it, but i figured I'd add it in just in case.

If anyone has had this problem, I'd really appreciate some help...or even if you just know how to fix it.

TIA

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 111
is yur amp goin into protect...

Post Number: 2
If you mean by that, is the blue light flashing....no...
and i still have no clue whats wrong..
I've been trying to deal with random problems and the c-clamp was the best fix so far. (my fuses were burning up before in the inline, but now they dont, they have better contact)
And btw, I'm using 4 gauge rockford fosgate power cables (the set that said it was meant for 800 watts)

Silver Member
Username: Mike_anthes

Canton, SD USA

Post Number: 113
man...sry...i really don't know...maybe jonathan can help ya...i don't really know a bunch(more a pro audio kinda guy)...i know enough about it so that i can get by...

Post Number: 3
well, i'll wait then. thanks for tryin man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us