New and need help with a system.

Username: Kevints

Ponca City, OK United States

Post Number: 1
I have a small system to get by for now it's 12" JL Audio and I was thinking about getting better stuff. I might get 2 10" Alpine Subs type "S" with a Rockford Fosqate Amp bigger than a 407 Is this a good set up or not?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1500
Which JL's did you have? The w0's? If your looking for a step up fro JL, the Type S's probably won't be what you want.

Post Number: 2
yes they are w0s why would the type s not be what i'm looking for? See the problem is I can't really feel the bass i mean you can feel it; it's just really weak and i want a good hard bass. The place in my city told me the alpine Type "S" would be a big step up. What is the difference between Type "R" and "S".

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1502
Type R would be a better bet if you want some good bass. They are pretty good subs for the money, a lot of people have them and are very happy.

In the Alpine Family, the Type E are the lowest, then youhave the Type S, Then the Type R, then the Type X

Post Number: 3
Okay so I should go with the type R than the type S. The people here told me that a Rockford amp could go good with this. Is there any other set up I can do? Because i don't want to be pushed into one brand i want to see my options so i was wondering if you guy's could help me.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1523
Yes, go with the Type R's. As for amps, I would look into MTX over Rockford. MTX is very good for the price. Also try JBL and possibly Kicker which will be a little pricier.

Post Number: 4
Is JBL and Kicker better than MTX and Rockford?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1529
I would say JBl and MTX are pretty close. Kicker may be a tad better, not a ton. All are better than Rockford I'd say, but Rockford still isn't the worst out there.

Silver Member
Username: Wojopro

Silverdale, WA

Post Number: 203
Id go for an alpine amp... or an older MTX amp.

Post Number: 5
Is there a better set up I can get besides alpine subs?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1075
of coarse but how much do you want to spend

Post Number: 6
Right now i'm looking at about $700 maybe a grand the max because i'm still doing other stuff so I need to kinda watch the money if you know what I mean. I don't want the BEST but I want to be known and heard.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1077
just for subs? or subs and an amp?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1532
I'll tell you what I'm doing with about 750 for subs and amps.

Ascendant Audio Avalanche 15" - about 325 shipped
Orion HCCA 275g4 - Hopefully 300 plus shipping (if everything works out)
Material for sub box - $50
Some new 2 or 4 gauge wiring - $30?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1078
i think the wiring will run yo9u a lot more. here 0 guage is 5 bucks per foot

Post Number: 7
I think the wire might be expensive. Joe Smoe what site did you get your subs and amps from? What your buying how many watts is the sub and amp?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1535
sub is directly from www.ascendantaudio.com

amp is from some dude that marshallwhite found

I think 4 gauge is something like $1.50 a sq foot. Hunter, what do you think I should run, 2 or 4 awg? Let's just pretend I'm gonna be running that g4 at full potential. It would be about 1500 rms.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1536
a foot, not a sq foot lol

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1079
i would run 0. bigger the better and if you upgrade then you wqont have tyo cgange again. and a bigger alt. :-) i thought youd love that newbie...LOL...:-) jk i know you know about car audio.

Post Number: 8
lol nice. If you guy's know what a BMW trunk looks like then you know it's really small and the back panel is metal. The previous installer cut a hole in my metal panel. What a 15" say Avalanche be too much for my car? Or will it be as good as 2 10" of Alpine type R's

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1775
it will be much much better then two alpine type r's I can assure you of that. How big of a hole did he cut? that is one of the best things you can do in those cars that back metal wall sucks. I would take it out all together in the middle if you can. juts leave a few inches all the way around. Do you use Ebay?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1542
Well, the recommended max. fuse size on 2 gauge wire is 200 amps, 1 gauge is 250 and 0 awg is 325 amps. Lol, Hunter I don't think I'll have to worry about ever having over 300 amps of current draw in my car. I wonder how hard 1 gauge is to find? I'll probably go with 2, there's no way I'm gonna be going over 200 amps.

Silver Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 847
yea..i would go with joes idea on the amp and subs lol...but you should be fine with 2 gauge...or you can just buy the stuff im selling haha

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1544
The only 2 awg on Knukonceptz is that kompressed stuff. Other than that they have 1/0 and 4 awg. I really don't want to have to buy 1/0 awg at 2.25 per foot, lol. I think it would be easier to just buy the simple amp kits with just power/ground/fuse/connectors but they don't have a 2 gauge kit, and the 1/0 awg kit is 70 freaking bucks.

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 852
if you go to woofersetc.com they sell powerwire by the foot

Post Number: 9
the hole they cut in my car is about 6-8"

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1568
Sweet, thanks Sub, woofersetc has some 2 awg power wire.

Username: Big_wattz

Beaumont, Texas Jefferson

Post Number: 1
i got 4 kicker cvr 15's i need the specs to build in my suburban i want them vented and i got 2 solo baric l7 12's that i wnt to build to a spl level but i dont know what a cubic square inch is in inches ...please help

Silver Member
Username: Ffxdevilarms

Dubuque, Iowa United States

Post Number: 320
The guy i bought my stuff from including wiring gave me really good deals. From what i remember, he told me that he gets free Memphis audio wire. He gave me all of the speaker wire and amp wiring, as well as HU kit, harness, and connectors for only $100. If you want to get a hold of him, send me a private message and i will give you his contact information.

Off topic, my 15" Diamond TDX's came today. They look amazing. I am so excited and cant wait till my box comes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 321
the price was including shipping from Pennsylvania to Iowa. Forgot to mention that, sorry.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1816
cool chris. hey Hunter and mr smoe I went to woofersect and could only find amp kits I coudnt find speaker wire by the foot, I guess I am a retard or something.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1091
no idea that place seems a lil bit shady to me. but you dont have to run that big of a fuse on that wire, you match the fuses with your amps power.......

Silver Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 868
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?3=2646

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1575
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?3=2410

This is all I could find...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 1828
thanks guys.

Silver Member

Post Number: 322
you can always try cardomain.com and go to their store. There is a whole lot more there for you to choose from. It will still prob be more expensive then going with "my guy" though.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1106
www.knukoncepts.com

;0
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us