Car Amplifier Recommendation/Help?

Username: Nanonpawt

Post Number: 1
Hey guys, so I've been googling around for hours with no luck and I was wondering if anyone could help recommend a decent 5ch Hybrid Amp (wattage preferably around 400-600watts). I have an almost brand-new set of Boston Acoustics G112PD subs with MBQuart (unknown model) mids and tweeters. I'm trying to keep everything as efficient as possible, with decent (hopefully above average) sound quality. Price is somewhat of a problem as I can only really spend about $500 max on this, being 19, saving to go to a school, it's a kind of an issue but flexible.

I'm a somewhat experienced headphone guy (not audiophile but I've I invested in nicer gear and sit down for about 4-5 hours a day listening to music), but car audio is something I don't know much about. My father gifted me a car setup with everything, but of course he transferred his amp to his car, leaving me to search around for something. He personally wired everything, sound deadened things that needed it, basically did all the hard work so it's a fair trade in my eyes.

Any recommendations are welcome, and greatly appreciated!

As side note, if anyone wants to throw in advice for someone less experienced and relatively new to the car audio world, that would be very helpful. Thank you!

Username: Sicone

New Prague, MN United States

Post Number: 3
With your set up I linked 2 options that would suffice and leave room for growth. What music style do you prefer?

Honestly, you can choose really any decent amp will satisfy your needs. I personally prefer 2 amps over 5 channels. 2 reasons, Heat kills, having 2 amplifiers cramped in 1 heatsink vs 2 heatsinks is a no brainer and for me they do not make a 5 channel that meets no where near the power I desire.

https://www.down4soundshop.com/jp95-1500w-rms-5-channel-amplifier/

https://www.down4soundshop.com/down4sound-jp8-jp84-amplifier-combo/
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us