DirecTV Sub-sharing Info.

Silver Member
Username: Ei_toro_the_great

Post Number: 116
Some Info,C/P from DirecTV website that may help you
if you are thinking about Sub-sharing.
Upload

A) Can I purchase DIRECTV equipment instead of leasing?

All DIRECTV equipment offers are for leased equipment only. Equipment costs, particularly for advanced products such as HD and/or DVR receivers, can be sizable and we believe leasing provides our customers a better and more affordable alternative.

Our best equipment deals can always be found online so visit http://directv.com/ to see what lease offers are available to you.

While receivers may be purchased, most customers find that leasing is a more affordable alternative. If you'd rather purchase a DIRECTV System instead of leasing directly from us you may be able to do so but the cost will be greater than leasing. Please call us at 1-800-DIRECTV to find out what equipment is available.

In addition select retailers may offer a purchase option. Your best bet is to check with individual retailers. To find one nearest you, please visit our web site at http://directv.com/retailers and enter your zip code in the lookup field. Please note that not all of these retailers may offer a purchase option.

B) I am charged a lease fee. I paid for my equipment upfront, so don't I own it?

As technology becomes more advanced, leasing allows us to provide the latest equipment with minimal upfront cost to the customer. The upgrade fees allow us to keep our monthly lease fees low. Many leased items require an upfront payment as well as monthly fees. Just like leasing a car, a customer pays an amount upfront and that amount allows the customer and the company to keep the monthly lease fee low.

C) What is the purpose of connecting my receiver to my telephone line?

With your receiver connected to your phone line, you open the door to a world of entertainment possibilities:

Order DIRECTV Cinema movies and Pay Per View events with your remote control*

Get sports subscriptions like NFL SUNDAY TICKET

Receive DVR service and software upgrades

Enjoy DIRECTV on additional receivers in your home for just $5/mo.

Remember: You cannot connect a cellular phone to your receiver; a land-based phone line is required.

*Automated phone orders are subject to a $1.50 fee; operator-assisted orders carry a $5 fee.

D) Can I get DIRECTV programming on more than one television set in my house?

Using separate DIRECTV Receivers for each of the TVs in your home gives you the flexibility of watching different programs on different television sets. There is a $5.00/month additional fee for your secondary and each additional receiver.

Get the latest official updates and news about your DIRECTV Service. Follow us @DIRECTV.

Get an insider's look at all things DIRECTV. Discuss your favorite sports, movies, shows and more. Follow us @theDTV.

E) I bought a used DIRECTV System from a friend. What should I do about installation and activation?

We've found that new customers are happier with a new, professionally installed system, so we don't usually sign up new customers with a used system. We suggest you check out our current offer or call 1-800-DIRECTV.

F) Where can I get a DIRECTV system?

It's easy to order now at directv.com!
You can also order from an online retailer, a local dealer or by calling DIRECTV at 1-800-347-3288 (6 a.m. to 3 a.m. ET, daily).

G) I only have a cell phone, can I get DIRECTV service?

To receive the full benefits of your DIRECTV System (pay per view purchases via remote control/sports subscription auto-renewal), the receiver must be continuously connected to a land-based phone line, which means that both the phone and the receiver must have a fixed location. Unfortunately, a cell phone does not meet either of these criteria because it is mobile and usually not left on at all times.

H) Can I activate a used receiver?

Yes, to add a used receiver you'll need to follow these steps:

Have the original owner call DIRECTV to de-activate the DIRECTV System access card. Please note that you will not be able to activate the receiver if it was leased by the original account holder.
Call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new access card, which we will send to you along with a postage-paid envelope for returning the old card. Please note that a $20 fee will apply to the new card.
Install the receiver or call a professional installer for help. Consult the installation manual that came with the receiver or look for the owner's manual at directv.com/manuals.
Once you get your new access card, you can activate the receiver by calling 1-800-531-5000. Make sure to mention that you have pre-owned equipment and want to start programming

Have the original owner call DIRECTV to de-activate the DIRECTV System access card. Please note that you will not be able to activate the receiver if it was leased by the original account holder.
Call 1-800-DIRECTV to order a new access card, which we will send to you along with a postage-paid envelope for returning the old card. Please note that a $20 fee will apply to the new card.
Install the receiver or call a professional installer for help. Consult the installation manual that came with the receiver or look for the owner's manual at directv.com/manuals.
Once you get your new access card, you can activate the receiver by calling 1-800-531-5000. Make sure to mention that you have pre-owned equipment and want to start programming.

I) Will more HD Channels increase the cost to me?

The HD Access fee remains only $10.00/month. There is a new premium DIRECTV HD Extra Pack available for $4.99/month.

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16168
Whiskey..that's DTV "wish list"...most all of that can be changed at the request of the owner...

for example...

DTV will allow use of an older used receiver, without the need for a previous owner to call...ya just say ya picked it up at a tag sale....but of course the older receiver cannot be on "active" status on another's account

DTV will often "waive" an additional access card $20 fee.....

DTV will allow use of cell phones, in lieu of a continuous land based phone....and no phone has to be plugged in all the time

IF ya purchase equipment, yes U always own it, not DTV...

DTV is very flexible about most things, they just give ya a "wish list" of things they wish ya would do...they bend all their rules all the time..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18389
Because Whiskey posted it, LK has to agree. when Rush posted the saem thing, LK had to disagree.

LK: You are no good for this forum or for that matter any other forum. No wonder you have been thrown out by other forums.

Bronze Member
Username: Yakkydoodle

Post Number: 51
there you go again nylon. jumping into a thread and attacking lk out of the blue for no reason whatsoever. you should be ashamed of yourself little lady. is that what you learned in your finer schools? what a disgrace you are to them.

no one can say lk started it with you this time. you're bashing him in the 3rd post in this thread for no reason. i guess it can be blamed on your culture or how you were raised, but it's probably no one's fault other than your own. you're just a pathetic troublemaker starving for attention.

you misinform and lie to people here. yet you have the audacity to attack a knowledgeable poster who is sharing their knowledge. for shame, nylon, for shame. what an embarrassment you are to your people and your family. it's a pity you are so much of a prude you cannot embarrass yourself.

you always condemn others for trying to discredit you, when in fact, you do it yourself practically every time you post....

Silver Member
Username: Ei_toro_the_great

Post Number: 126
Chopper
good thinking you waited until the broom went to
bed to post your freedom of speech
No bashing only the truth

Silver Member
Username: Mohamad_obama

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 548
Rose bud needs to do this to boost his post count. He can't stand having people post things here that he know nothing about.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18400
Nice C/P. does not help the vast majority of people though.

Silver Member

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 549
It does if they are interested in sub share.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18412
It does not help, when LK interferes all the time contradicting every post and poster.

Silver Member

Terhan, Iran Iran

Post Number: 554
He helps, your the one chasing him around in each thread he posts in. Why not leave him alone, you may think you know everything, but you don't. If people don't ask for your help, just STFU.

Goes for plybutt too.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18439
Mohamad Obama: Have you been chased around by 5 thugs daily for 3 years as I have been? Posting every time after me to negate me?
Just stop justifying LK. I have never come accros such a devious deceiptful person in my whole like.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 3989
Have you been chased around by 5 thugs daily for 3 years as I have been

now thats funny ... this is a forum where allot of people posts there views and opinions etc... not to mention "helpful" information.

You nalin don't like ANYONE posting in a thread that you post in right?

well maybe others don't like it when you come in the thread with nothing more to do than BASH other users. .. YOUR POSTS are getting stupid. You love to argue with others and try to up your post counts by any means .... you have a passive-aggressive attitude and have other control issues. You are power tripping ,hostile and a troll that just itching to start flame wars no matter that the topic is about and live to argue. you are the deceitful person here Nalin many can see it all but your Buddy's that cant understand plain English. the sad thing is you need then to survive here cause without them you wouldn't stand a chance in H3LL here trying to control this place.

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 13013
Nalin

Keep your good work!

Without you this forum will talk of anything but never about satellite!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18444
Thanks Plymouht. And you too. A lot of people depend upon your advice.

Gold Member
Username: Doreenakadj

Canada

Post Number: 4086
thanks Whiskey , LK, Chopper and Mohamad Obama for your good help allot of people depend upon your advice. Keep up the good work guys
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us