How to set up Dish 500+ with sonicview HD

Bronze Member
Username: Xpehbam

China, NC

Post Number: 97
Hi! I have Dish 500 + , Sonicview 8000 HD, DP 34 switch.
I am trying to get 110.119.118.129
If anybody know how to set up, please help.

Thank you!

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12950
VBNfusion

Use it to aimed your dish:
http://satcalculator.freehostia.com/

Put your receiver on this setting:

119/118.8: Port 1
110: Port 2
129: Port 3

Bronze Member

China, NC

Post Number: 98
Thank you. But what port you are talking about. Port on DP34 switch or Port on DISEQS switch ??

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12951
DP34

What you need to know?

Silver Member
Username: Tulipe

Post Number: 150
NO IF u r using 500+ u can not use 4 sat with dp34. you need dpp44 switch . u have to use an out put from each lnb. 119 # 1 110 #2 118 #3 129#4 also u need to use a pwer insrter that comes with dpp44. 500+ lnb had 2 output 1 for 119 and one for 118.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12954
Thanks tulipe for your help!

I'm not very familiar with this dish!

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18361
cccccccccccccc is right.

"DISH 500+ and DISH 1000+ Equipment
• DISH 500+ and DISH 1000+ use the same reflector, mast, and backing structure.
• DISH Pro 500+ LNBF Assembly includes a FSS/DBS Dual Band LNBF for reception of 118.7° and
119°, and a separate DISH Pro Dual (or Single) for reception of 110°. Connect the three LNBF output
ports to a DP34 Switch or DPP44 Switch.
• Upgrade the DISH 500+ to a DISH 1000+ by adding a DISH 1000+ bracket. The bracket attaches to
the side of the DP 500+ LNBF Assembly for mounting a DISH Pro Dual or Single for reception of the
129° orbital location. Connect the four LNBF output ports to a DPP44 Switch."

Having said that, if you must use the DP34 and want 4 sats, it would be worth trying this.
Conect one of the outputs of the LNBF 118/119 to Input Port 1 of DP34
Connect 110 to port 2 input of DP 34
Connect 129 to Port 3 input of DP34.

Blind scan 118/119 using setting of Universal and LNB Freq of 9750-10750
Or Try scanning 119 first at port 1 using LNB Freq 11250. Then scan 118 using LNB freq of 10750 or 10600.
I think that in general, I would discourage the use of DP34 if you have a FTA receiver attatched, as the power is not sufficient, and you are forced to connect an old DN receiver, keeping it on all the time to supply the power.
On the whole there will be less glitches if you use DP44, irrespiective of whether or not you want all 4 inputs.

Silver Member
Username: Sump

Post Number: 937
An HD unit should have more than enough power to run a DPPlus LNB..it is the Non-HD's that had/have issues

i believe it is a 500ma threshold. look in the output specs

Bronze Member

China, NC

Post Number: 100
Thank you very much everyone. I will try installation this weekend.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18362
Sump said: "HD unit should have more than enough power to run a DPPlus LNB."
The question is not that of theory but of practice. If we don't alert the person properly, and six months down the road he connects a second receiver in the bedroom, and he starts getting ptoblems, you and I might not be around to solve the problem.
Therefore, DP34 with any FTA, - use a power on port one output or a DN receiver kept on on Port 1 output. Otherwise use DP44. Whether or not he implements these suggestions, is his problem. I am sure that Sump having worked with Cisco knows about quality control.

Silver Member

Post Number: 940
NN .. was only answering the question asked .. and the issue concerning DDP LNB's

NN says .."Therefore, DP34 with any FTA, - use a power on port one output or a DN receiver kept on on Port 1 output. Otherwise use DP44"

Sump said: "HD unit should have more than enough power to run a DPPlus LNB."

If "one" understood WHY they needed a "power inserter" or "DN reciever" pluged in ... then what i said would MAKE SENCE !!!

so one can only conclude that Nalin Nyda does not understand why one needs to ADD POWER to the system (DP PLUS LNB's).
the SD boxes are the ones that have most issues with it ... read specs...

There are several ways to do it.

But no way to use the same port to get 119 and 118 .. each must be on there own port # as they have different setups (Freq's) in the STB LNB page.

Dp 44 switch would be the better choice for the future

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18386
Sump: I have read your post. In the past, I have also read the posts of several of the mods at alt7bar.tk, future-fta.info, totalfta*com, etc and I have talked with installers in Canada. They were of the same opinion that DP34 with any FTA has to have a power supply insert, if one has to be totally sure about the proper functioning.
The Scotish engineers had a reputation for building bridges. That reputation came from the fact that they built them stronger than the anticipated load.
Even Cisco builds like that. I had a long discussion 3 years ago with some of the posters here about this matter.

I am anticipating that if he has a 3/4 switch, one day he will add another FTA receiver. I remember one poster in this forum. He was puzzled that the TV in the bedroom went dark at about 11pm. His question was "Whether Dish turns many channels off at about 11pm". All that was hppening was that the DN receiver was turned off in the living room, the FTA receiver in the bedroom did not have enough power and it went off.
I have watched your performance at dssrookies, your persistence of holding your position, in spite of several posts agaisnt you, and I do not think it is right, and that is why you were booted out from there. I read many many good authors of advice and come to a conclusion on their findings plus my own. You seem to want to lean on theory - in this case the power in a particular HD receiver, without considering the experience of others, and the ancillary issues. You can continue holding your opinion, but do not stress it too much.
The general consesus everywhere is that you AVOID DP34 with FTAs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 944
I see that the thread has been "altered" as usual ..

Bronze Member
Username: Apple_bee

Post Number: 18
Nalin.........Sump: I have read your post. In the past, I have watched your performance at dssrookies, your persistence of holding your position, in spite of several posts agaisnt you, and I do not think it is right, and that is why you were booted out from there. I read many many good authors of advice and come to a conclusion on their findings plus my own. You seem to want to lean on theory - in this case the power in a particular HD receiver, without considering the experience of others, and the ancillary issues. You can continue holding your opinion, but do not stress it too much.
The general consesus everywhere is that you AVOID DP34 with FTAs.}

SUMP.......you are a very good helper here and above all
an honest man, you carry no garbage keep up the good work.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 12986
sump

How your Kbox HD can powered this switch with only 500ma when a Vs ultra with 700ma can't!

Anyway! Admin deleted the "ccccccccccccc" reply who say that Nalin and him are right!

Everybody avoid DP34, LK also avoid this switch is past posts!

sump is a good helper when Kbox is up and disappear when is down when everybody ned him!

Again bashing on Nalin for nothing!

Silver Member

Post Number: 946
thanks plymouth
everybody know where to find me ...
but there were other posts deleted too ..

HISTORY ... back months ago lots of people start to test kbox and put them where VS was .. they had problems with the DPPlus LNBs and others too, the fix was power inserter or extra SUB box to 'add" enough milli amps to switch the internal switch

back then there was "other" box .. NFUSION HD
specs .. NOTICE LNB POWER ....

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATION

* Satellite
- 1 Input Connector : F-type,IEC 169-24
- IF Input Frequency : 950MHz to 2150MHz
- IF Loop Throughout : 950MHz to 2150MHz
- Input Level : -65 dBm~-25 dBm
- DiSEQqC Control : 1.0, 1.1,1.2 & USALS Compatible
- Band Switch : 22KHz Tone(22 +/- 4KHz. Amplitude : 0.6 +/- 0.2V)
- Symbol Rate : DVB-S QPSK : 1-45Msps
- Viterbi Decoding Rate : 1/2, 2/3, 3/4, 5/6 and 7/8
- Bandwidth : 36MHz
- LNB Power : 13 /18VDC / 1,000mA Max
* Terrestrial
- ATSC A/53 compliant, 8/16VSB and MMDS, 2/4/8VSB receiver, ITU-U, J.83 Annex B/C, SCTE, DVS-031 compliant, 64/256QAM receiver
* Power
- Input Voltage : AC 100~250V, 50/60Hz
- Power Consumption : Max. 45 Watts
- Power Supply Type : SMPS

many threads about the power needed to make the switch inside the DDPlus LNB's work... It defaults to 119 port #1 ... that is the REAL reason to "add" a sub box or power inserter.

Now that said .. i questioned that people using NO power inserter seems to be able to use DPPlus and no extra's ie and file 2.17
my only conclusion is that peeps really do not know exactly what LNB they have and use the terms Dp and DPPlus interchangably .

As i suggested earlier that the "specs" need to be reviewed for the SV HD

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18398
The only thing that matters is:

If you are using DISH LNBs and particularly with DPP setup, DO NOT USE DP34 as a switch if you are going to attach one FTA receiver to it now or even later. You will regret it one day and may even fall off the roof if you go there in the middle of Northern winters.
If you can keep at least one DN receiver attached and ON, you will be OK, but you don't know what's going to happen if you switch off.
It is NOT a question of the power supply of any particular receiver - it is a matter of your own safety and of your installation working flawlessly now and in future.

Silver Member

Post Number: 949
Again .. it is not a matter of or an issue of a 34 switch or 44 switch or no switch, it is only issue of what LNB's you have .. DOH !

Silver Member

China, NC

Post Number: 101
Thank you everyone for ideas.
I am doing my dish installation on Sunday morning.
I will posted .
Do I have to use DISEQC switch or not ???

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13011
VBNfusion

Listen Nalin!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18417
If you are using Dish Pro + LNBs (DPP LNBs) for 118/119 use DP44. DP34 will give sporadic problems.
If you buy a generic non-DN LNB for 118, use DisEqC switches.

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18430
Remembr that with DP34, you can only get three sats attached. You will need a DP44 to connect all four.
Sadoun.com has a glong instuction sheet for DPP installation.

Except for the DPP LNBF doe 118/119, you may find that the other two LNBs (110 and 129) are compatible with DisEqC switch, so you may get by with using a generic 118/119 LNBF, and DisEqC switches. You would have to buy this LNBF and make sure you get the right bracket for it or the right shape to fit in place of the LNBF already with the DPP equipment.

Silver Member

China, NC

Post Number: 102
Can anyone know what the best settings for Sonicview HD and nano2 with 500+ and DPP LNBF? I have problem with signal.

This is what I did.

Echo7 119
Diseqc 1
TP Freq 12239
LNB Dishpro1
22khz tone off
Multi -- dish switch off
Search Options All Channels
LNB Power On

Echo8/10 110
Diseqc 2
TP Freq 12224
LNB Dishpro1
22khz tone off
Multi -- dish switch off
LNB Power On

Anik F3 118.8
Diseqc 3
TP Freq 11715
LNB DishPro Fss
22khz tone off
Multi -- dish switch off
LNB Power On

Silver Member

Post Number: 951
and what are the results ?

i believe 118 freq needs to be different

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13021
VBNfusion

You must be sure that the skew is right to get stronger signal on all satellites!

Tryon 118 Tp 11806 which will be stronger!

Silver Member

China, NC

Post Number: 103
The result it's signal quality 0 (zero)

Silver Member

China, NC

Post Number: 104
and I using DP34 switch

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13024
VBNfusion

Hook the LNB directly on receiver and check if you get a strong signal!

A Dp34 like we said will not work properly with your receiver!

Silver Member

China, NC

Post Number: 105
OK! Thank you. I am going to try again. So if I want to use DP34 switch I need old DN receiver or DP44 switch ?

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13027
VBNfusion

Yes! That is what the majority of tester concluded!

Silver Member

China, NC

Post Number: 106
Thank you everyone for help.
I did install my dish 500+ with 110,118,119 and 129. And I use Diseqc switch for right now , until I get DP44 switch.
129 got lots of HD channels , but only HBOs working right now.
Thank you again.

Platinum Member

Canada

Post Number: 13057
VBNfusion

Good news!

You are Welcome!

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18474
Echo7 119