Steady green and red light on dream box 100

Silver Member
Username: Dghumman

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 362
can some one please help i have a dreambox 100, i downloaded the latest software everything went fine i even connected to the tv and downloaded the channels and did the anteena set up. But after that there was just red and green steady light and its got stuck.
i tried taking the power out and connecting again but it does not work please help

Platinum Member
Username: Plymouth

Canada

Post Number: 12925
damindar ghumman

Dreambox is down!

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 363
thanks
can someone pleas help me set up dreambox 100 i have looked up at step by step and done accordingly but still i cant watch any channels ,i know i made 1 mistake i did not load the north american bin first.
But i am trying to load the bin but the loader says searching com port fail.
i have tried everything but the loader wont let me load the factory bin

Platinum Member
Username: Lklives

Post Number: 16189
go into control panel in yer PC, try another comport setting..or try shutting off the PC and let it find yer loader..

Platinum Member
Username: Nydas

Post Number: 18405
Com Port problems:
If you have a USB to serial convertor, the problem is in the comport number assignment - which often set by windows XP at high value.. Go into Device Manager and set it to com 1,2,3, or 4.
2. If you have loader problem, the usual problem is the typr of cable. some receiver like a null modem cable and some like a straight cable.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 364
Its not a null modem its a usb , i shut of the pc also but that also did not work, it worked earlier i loaded the files to the receiver but now it just says com port search fail.
i also loaded the drivers again for the usb to receiver but that did not work either.
please someone with DM 100 help

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18423
You should go into the device manager and check the Com port number on the USB to Serial adaptor. Reinstalling the driver will definitely give a high Com port number - you have to change to a a lower number 1-4, which Dreambox can handle - 1 is usually OK.

Username: Crispy_fry

Post Number: 8
I don't have one...but..At ftabins a thread labeled - com port searching fail

http://www.ftabins.net/showthread.php?t=135826

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 365
nalin thanks for the info but how do i check the com port, i looked at the device manager but i could not fine com port number for USB to Serial adaptor

Platinum Member

Post Number: 18432
Contorl panel/Adminitrative tools/computer management/Device manager/Universal Serail Bus contollers.
find your USB to serial adaptor and you will find the comport setting there. All mos all the receivers and loader software is set up for com port 1 to 4 and Windows XP, Vista always assign a higher number on automatic installation of the driver.

Silver Member

Ontario Canada

Post Number: 366
thanks nalin , i did that but it still wont communicate with pc to let me download the file , i think my box i corrupted and i have to take that to the dealer to return and get a new one, and also i think they have a new file today for v2 receiver and i loaded file for v1 receiver as they had told that if you have golden or yellow ad on the box then its v1 but someone told me that if you got the box after march 1 then whether its golden or silver you should have loaded the new file .
i will try returning the box and then i will let you know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us