Box trouble

Bronze Member
Username: Bluepopcicle

Post Number: 17
so i just got myself a mustang. but one problem has come about, my sub wont fit in the trunk. well not with the box i had anyway. the biggest issue is that the trunk is only 11inches tall. so the only way i can think of fitting the sub in is to have it facing up. but i've read that doin that is bad for the sub because gravity holds it down, making it harder for the sub to push up and the down stroke really easy. i don't know how much of a problem this is but i was just looking for any ideas on how i could build a box to fit back there for my 12inch ssd

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9740
firing it facing up is fine the only time you have any issues with a sub is when you fire it down but thats over time

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 443
I Think I did a mustang box for a 12" driver before. What year is your mustang?

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 444
I couldnt find the original thread, but here is one that the pics were posted it. It was for a 13W7 BTW.

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278250&highlight=mustang

Gold Member
Username: Philly306

James Carrol is the re...

Post Number: 1155
Actually mounting a sub upfiring can be harmful if the driver isn't suited for verticle mounting. If the driver sag is less than 5% of the xmax then it is ok to mount horizontally.
Both D1 and D2 are fine to mount horizontally. Even with this i still wouldn't have subs upfiring in a trunk. To me it causes ALOT of rattles and little sound.
Check out Bj's link. You can even have him design and build the box. I have yet to see anyone disapointed with a FC box.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 18
i've got a 2001 mustang.....the problem is that the stock speakers are the mach( i guess fords attempt at a "high end" system) and the rear deck speakers are in this big plastic box that hangs down into the trunk area taking away about 4-6inches of height clearance.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 19
oh and if someone could design me a box that'd be awesome. i'd be able to build it so i just need the dimensions. though i do feel lazy just asking for these things to be given to me but i'm not quite savvy in the art of box designs. this would be my first box build.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us