AudioQue 15 HDC3

Username: Srt41000

Post Number: 3
Hey guys, I think I am set on this Sub. Putting 1 in the trunk of my mustang. Not sure on box yet, want ported but space is an issue. It will be running off a Kenwood Excelon KAC-X1R amp. Any other help or questions. And any reviews about this sub and others it will put to shame. Also thinking about 2 12 SDC2.5's. Which will be louder? Im all for SPL. Thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2115
I would go with 2 12's rather than 1 15 in a stang trunk. AQ isn't too bad of a woofer. I would run the 2.5's before the HDC though, and if you run the HDC don't fire the sub forward. Couple guys are having some mechanical noise with them. You can't notice it if you fire toward the rear, but I heard one front fired and you can hear it.

Kevin

Post Number: 4
Well do you have any other suggestions for subwoofers in that price range? Thanks for the reply by the way

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1421
I WOULD DO THE 2 12"S

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2116
What's your budget for 2 12's?

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Djl

Post Number: 145
The HDC3 has a very strong suspension and cooling system and on the first production run subs it took a while to break in. On a very few of the subs if you really put your ear next to the sub you could hear the suspension doing its job. One thing you would never hear is lead slap.

I take this business very serious and pay close attention to customer feedback as well as do extensive testing on our products and other companies products as well. Between production runs we make design changes and modifications to improve our products including eliminating any excessive suspension noise our competitors or customers bring our attention to.

I believe the quality, performance, and dollar/value of our products coupled with good customer service is all that is needed to sell our products.

Our products are not for everyone and I don't try to push them on people. There are plenty of products to choose from; something for every taste.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2118
I agree, you have no lead slaps :-)

I'm interested, are you going to have some american version of the HD's or no? I'm not going to lie to you, the HD3 was ALOT better woofer than the HDC3 IMO.

Kevin

Silver Member

Post Number: 146
How would you know? I will leave it at that.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2119
I would know because I have listen to both for a little while :-). Don't get snappy, was just giving you my opinion and asking a question.

Kevin

PS: I know alot more than you think I do :-)

Gold Member
Username: 420alldaylong

Post Number: 3715
"AQ isn't too bad of a woofer"

Kevin

Why you say this.

Gold Member

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2121
It isn't Joey. They are good moofas, but just most companies with changes have a few small issues that need worked out. I am sure all is worked out now since DJ seem to eb on top of it :-)

Kevin

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2644
never heard an HDC3

but all I can say after owning an HD3 is that it's hard to improve on perfection so it's understandable if the HD3's are the best of the two

Gold Member
Username: Jkidder

Worlds gunna end, In 2012

Post Number: 3640
hard to improve on perfection? HAHAHAHAHAHA u gotta be sh!ttin me hahahahahaha

the cisco kid

Gold Member
Username: Drsmith

Montana USA

Post Number: 2646
maybe you should smoke my pole assclown

Gold Member
Username: Tatonka

-[Team Audible Insanity]-

Post Number: 1893
Maybe both of you should smoke my pole while talking dirty to me and calling me naughty insults like assclown?

Bronze Member
Username: Beamerboy46350

LaPorte, IN United States

Post Number: 23
I'm with Nick V but Im more interested in hearing bout the subs because after all the time i have spent on here reading i was set on getting 2 AQ 15's. Thats what everyone had recommended has the tide changed or is this gold member an idiot thats been misleading people ??? i want the facts from ppl on here who owned them im starting a new thread

Post Number: 5
Well my budget is to spend no more than 300-350 on subs. Like I said I'm more toward SPL. Thanks guys.

Bronze Member
Username: Vt_ahole

USA

Post Number: 100
i love it when people get angry and say things like "smoke my pole"... hilarious

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21570
the aq hd15 is a solid sub. bernymac had a pair of 15s in his yukon and it hit. can't say too much for the sq cause its an spl sub but if you want loud then you got it with the hd315.

Gold Member
Username: Talon01

Team Revolution , Pa Usa

Post Number: 1425
take a look at this shawn.
http://s212.photobucket.com/albums/cc31/talon0001/?action=view&current=S1050122. flv
that is 2 12" hdc3 on 3k. what i can say is i have heard the hd, hdc3, sd 2.5 and all were impressive.it is hard to beat the price and customer service is exceptional.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9744
"Couple guys are having some mechanical noise with them."

My brother had the earliest release of the hdc3 12's and recently sold them to his tenant and I have never heard any suspension noise and still havent since his tenant has owned them

"I take this business very serious and pay close attention to customer feedback as well as do extensive testing on our products and other companies products as well. Between production runs we make design changes and modifications to improve our products including eliminating any excessive suspension noise our competitors or customers bring our attention to."

I agree DJ does seem to take his business seriously and provides excellent customer service from what ive seen and if anyone did have noise from a production flaw im sure DJ would take care of that without any problems

As far as how the hdc3 sounds compared to the original hd3 im not sure because i havent heard that sub in person but i have heard the hdc3 12 and the low end doesnt seem to be as tight at least in a 2.50 cf box tuned to 35 hz but it did seem to be better on the lowend in my brothers tenants small 1.75 cubic foot per sub tuned to about 37 hz and im not sure why but it did seem to make an improvement but this was two different vehicles also

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodia

Post Number: 4089
I loved the old hd3's that I owned. After about a year of abuse and a few competitions. The spider was still stiff when I took it out to sell. The hd3's were built very well. Even though the new hdc3's are made in China, DJ made sure they were built to his expectations as well as his customers. Great sub at an awesome price.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9746
Keith G...."Thats what everyone had recommended has the tide changed or is this gold member an idiot thats been misleading people ??? i want the facts from ppl on here who owned them im starting a new thread"

And Keith if you were referring to me as the gold member I can assure I give my opinion from real life experience as you can see from the post above

Silver Member

Post Number: 147
The HDC312 works in 1.7-2.5 net ported boxes tuned 38-40 hz. From OUR testing it works BEST in about 1.8-2.0 net boxes ported 38-40hz.Let me state OUR recommendations are based on OUR tastes and what the tl meter tell us.

The boxes and tuning we recommend are "STARTING" places to work from. Individual applications and listening perferences vary but you will pretty much be in the ballpark.

The HDC3 has proven to be about .7-1.2 louder on the tl then the original HD3 series in the exact same box, vehicle and power. The Canadians have managed to do 155.5 in dbdrag in Street C with two of the "TF1" version of the HDC310's.

The original HD3 was a very solid design and most are still in use. The HDC3 just kicks it up a notch not to mention it's priced over a $100 lower. If it wasn't a better product I wouldn't sell it.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 6287
"How would you know? I will leave it at that."

j/w but what does this mean?

Post Number: 6
Well I'm pretty sure I'm goin with AudioQue but still not sure on the sub(s). The HDC3 12 or 15, or 2 2.5 12's. If I get a custom box made to be able to fit in the trunk I will have enough space for ported.

Silver Member
Username: Bjfish11

Garden Plain, KS USA

Post Number: 445
If space is an issue, I would suggest the single 15. A fairly common size enclosure for a 15, is around 3.5 (driver dependent of course). Whereas, something in the ball park of 2.5 per driver for 12's. That would be a pretty significant difference in enclosure size.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us