10" Revo Box??????

Silver Member
Username: Qcsfinest

Charlotte, North Carolina

Post Number: 564
I just ordered a 10" Revo from Exige and im wondering if you guys had any recommendations or box plans for it?

thanks,
Brandon

Silver Member

Post Number: 565
bump

Diamond Member
Username: Bestmankind

Post Number: 21516
0.5-1.5 cuft sealed

0.8-1.5 cuft ported

Silver Member

Post Number: 566
Chad, In a Grand Cherokee do you think it would be better to do sub up port back or sub back port back?

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21523
to tell you the truth i don't know. i don't have a grand cherokee. but if i did, i would just do sub and port back.

Silver Member

Post Number: 567
What you guys think of this box?

1.5 cubic ft of internal airspace tuned to 32hz. 2.25" wide port with a tad over 23 sq. inches of port area! Externally, it's 29.75" wide, 11.75" high and 14.5" deep.
That's sub and port facing back.

Gold Member
Username: Surferdude9371

Im BTL Bumpin

Post Number: 1058
id do sub up port back

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9703
i believe sub up port back is the preferred arrangement for the Grand Cherokee and id move the port area up to at least 32 square inches if your putting 1500 watts on it or plan to in the future but that will make for a very long port

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21544
i said sub back and port back cause few of the competitors bassracing around here that has a small suv had best results like that.

that is when they had 10s and 12s. with 15s they couldn't do that cause of the box height.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9704
both arrangements will probably be close to each other in output but the lower frequencies will probably be better sub up port back

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21545
yeah i think 2 18s vs a single 10 is alot different.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9706
you posted as I was editing my post then I realized that two 18's is alot different than a single 10 so I deleted it

Gold Member

Post Number: 9707
im not saying dont do sub back port back because that would give him more placement options

Gold Member
Username: Mike11202

RE MT 15 VFL 200.1 , Sewell, NJ US

Post Number: 1811
sub up port back

Diamond Member

Post Number: 21547
i know sean. lol. just starting a friendly debate. hahaha.

Gold Member

Post Number: 9711
its cool Chad....a box that size why not build both boxes and see which you like better

Silver Member

Post Number: 568
I would if i had the money, I went all out to get the sundown 1500d to give this thing all the power it requires and i moved my 250.2 to highs (thing sounds crazy loud now)

Sean what all would changing the port area from 23 to 32 sq inches do? Im still learning this box stuff.

Silver Member

Post Number: 569
Anyone???

Gold Member

Post Number: 9728
well not having enough port area will cause port noise and possibly lower your output....also if its bad enough you could damage your subwoofer but in your case that wont happen....I think if you make your port of 23 square inches with a flare at the exit of the slot port you might be ok....its just that using linearteam I like to keep the vent mach lower because I made a box with two 4 inch pvc ports and on 1500 watts I had port noise when I cranked it on certain songs and the vent mach was .11 and yours would be .14
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us