Box help quick!!!!!

Bronze Member
Username: Jdog123

Vestavia Hills, Al United States

Post Number: 93
hey guys i really need some help designing a box for my friend. hes getting 2 of these 12s seen here http://www.splaudio.ca/splw.html the trunk demensions are 40 wide by 24 deep by 24 tall. could you guys help me with a box for both of these with those specs? i normally use subwoofertools.com but its down for some reason. thanks a lot.

Gold Member
Username: Theweasel

2 12 FI SSD, Colorado U.S. of A

Post Number: 1185
32 wide
22 tall
17 deep
18.75 in port length
4 inport width
39.25 tuning
4.4 cu foot before displacement

should be adequate

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
so you mean make the walls of the ports 4 inches apart? and then make it run 13 inches back then 5.75 to the side when you reach the corner? would it be wide enough to fit two 12s with 4 inch ports on both sides?

Gold Member

Post Number: 1188
yes, yes, yes. and measure the port length down the middle

Bronze Member

Post Number: 96
http://reaudio.com/speaker_box/LPort_Box_Calc.html would this be a good design to use? ok well it wont save the numbers i used so please plug them in and see what you think. 34 wide 22 tall 17 deep .75 wood thickness 4 inch port width 1 square port length 2

Gold Member

Post Number: 1190
that might be a little big, im taking you want pure spl out of these with the 40hz tune, so it's usually better to keep the box smaller with a tuning that high. i think, im no expert tho

Bronze Member

Post Number: 97
yea but it says on the website that it needs to be 2.4 cubic feet per sub. i still want it to sound good its for my friends car and he is using them as daily subs not really sure why but thats what he wanted.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us