Woodlawn Cabinetry

Silver Member
Username: Kingtutus

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 323
i need to how much a box for 1-18" rd sonance. the deamions are 30 wide 20 high 22 dept tuned to 30 hz. sub back port back thanks

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 324
o i forgot it needs to be 6.5 cubic feet

Silver Member
Username: Phil_salisbury

Post Number: 727
KT,

At those dims you got 6.25 cu.ft. ,now if subwoofer, port. port wall and bracing are to be added to that, your going to need more on the dimensions.

Also, t/s spec's would be nice to have for the subwoofer.

How many watts you plan to juice it?

Also, went to RD's site ( which sucks ) they don't even have your sub on there.

Someone needs to tell whomever that owns that site to update the d@mn thing, nothings changed since the put in online 1/4/2008.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 325
i plan on running a rd 1750.1 on it. it can be 25 inches high

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 326
or it can be 6 cubic feet will work to

Silver Member

Post Number: 728
KT,

OK, with 30 x 25 x 20 enclosure using only 6 c.f. for net and tuning the port at 30hz with a port of 6 x 10 x 24 with port wall displacement.

Now, I don't know subwoofer displacement and I'm not going to take a wild quess either, but whatever it is, it's going to to put you under 6 c.f. net. with sub and bracing displacement.

The other thing to is this enclosure is 7.17 cu.ft. gross volume and I don't think your willing to pay what the shipping on this pig is going to be for the size a weight of it.

Safe bet is over $ 115.00 just on the shipping, but, till I have spec's on the subwoofer and such, it's pretty pointless to design the enclosure without it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 729
Better yet, just ask BJ to build it for ya, he's a hellavu closer to you and you'll save an azzload of money than gettin from me.

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 490
add polyfill if you need to sacrifice size of box..

Silver Member

Post Number: 730
Adding polyfill to make up for volume loss because a design cannot support the volume or the spec's required doesn't always work the way people thinks it does because it totally screws up the bass response and spl output.

If that's all he has to work with dimensions wise, he can get what he wants, but, the port area would have to be sacrificed to do so, but, at 30hz tuning, I don't think spl is a major factor other than a large port and being reasonably loud tuned that low.

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 327
ok thanks any ways

Silver Member

Lincoln, Nebraska U.s.a

Post Number: 328
u can talk to kevin holden or Steve with rd about the info u need
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums