Advice for setup

Username: Zach18

Post Number: 5
ok basically i used to be pretty big into car audio then because of college i got out of it a little and now i want back into it but to do it right this time. i've had two 12 inch eclipse titanims for about a couple years now... amazing subs, but i never can seem a powerful enough amp to run them, either that or i'm not doing something right. i've had an RE audio i beleive it was (12.1?) running them and i've had an MMata 1200 running them and both have burned up. so what am i doing wrong? people here seem pretty knowledgeable so i just looking for some advice. it's a 2005 Chevy Cavalier if that helps...

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 9688
did you have a sufficient charging system

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2098
Here is my advice.

Sell the subs and with that money get you a nice 1000D and 2 subs that are 500 or so rms and throw them in a ported enclosure.

Unless you want to spend $1000+ on just electrical upgrades for your car to handle the power you will need for the amp to run those subs.

Kevin

Post Number: 6
what electrical upgrades should i be making?... my friedns have told me to invest in a bettery but you guys seem to be leaning more towards upgrading the alternator?

Post Number: 7
sorry i meant a battery cap or another car battery running them.. sorry my keyboard keeps stickingg

Gold Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 2105
Those subs are 750 rms correct? What size alt does your cavi have?

Kevin

Silver Member
Username: Hittin1

Lake Charles, La. United States

Post Number: 503
h.o. alt, big 3, 0 ga. wiring, 2+ audio series batt's.. needed for daily setup 1500+ (or so) watts rms. for starters.. 1000-1200 wrms can be ran on stock alt if it a decent alt.

Forget about cap.. .. waste of $$

Platinum Member
Username: Rovin

1 15 = 149.1DBsTrinidad & T...

Post Number: 13963
could also be amp gain or bassboost too high - sub sonic or LP OR HP filters on amp set incorrectly ...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us