Car opinions....input wanted

Platinum Member
Username: Bestmankind

-apem

Post Number: 15965
well this morning there was some whining sound again from the engine.

anyways i am tired of this. i want a new car. but i don't want to go insane and get an expensive car. so this is the car i came up with.

toyota fj cruiser. 6 spd manual transmission.

what do you guys think? its the only car that i can get for under 25,000 bux that is good and brand new.

the reason i don't want to spend too much money is next summer i should be opening my chicken wings restraunt. i hope. lol. anyways i need as much money as possible.

my other option is just stick it out keep drving my accord.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15966
btw my accord has 38,000 miles on it so its pretty old now.

Gold Member
Username: Basssquared

Kansas

Post Number: 1604
i would love to get a Volkswagen Golf or rabbit you can get them new for under 20 grand and plenty of room for a system Chad think about those ;)

Silver Member
Username: Talon01

12 audioque 2.5 145.2 ..., Pa Usa

Post Number: 505
you should check out the jeep liberty thats under 25k

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 528
id go with the toyota my the last one had 290000 miles on it and was still running strong and those fj are nice

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
take a look at the fj its all plastic even the trunk. doesnt impress me much

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15967
i am not looking to put a system in my new car. i want to keep it stock. except for my indash and maybe one sub. oh and my components.

thomas i saw the 4x4 6spd manual transmission model and i loved it. i bet it rides good too. lol. i can go off roading with those things.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15968
scott you serious? damn i didn't really notice it. maybe thats why the price is so cheap.

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 5497
don't get one of those cruisers', those are one of the ugliest things on the road.

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
oh yes we had one here on the lot i was very unimpressed the plastic trunk is what did it for me

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15969
maybe its the new space age plastic which is suppose to be tougher than metal but lighter. lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 509
it's possible but check it out, i agree with ctmike tho

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 6726
Don't support Toyota. They're ba$tard$. Very arrogant too. Somehow they think their cars are the best in the world, and it should be a privilege for you to own one. They also give the lowest trade-in value for cars (here in Canada).
Anyways, that Toyota cruiser looks U.G.L.Y. Probably the same azz that designed the new Viper car.
Have you seen Rubicon Jeep with 4 doors? Now that's what you call a man's car. No plastic there.

I H8 Toyota with passion.

Silver Member
Username: Texas_bass

Houston, TX

Post Number: 530
i was told those were nice off road and the road driving wasnt bad either

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 7492
H2 Chad. Do it.

Silver Member
Username: Cblaze

Rock island, Tenesssee Us

Post Number: 675
old toyotas would take a beating

Silver Member

Post Number: 676
i like the new chevy maalibus

Gold Member

Post Number: 6730
Yea, just like many other good old cars. Now it's all about making highest margin of profit.

Silver Member

Post Number: 677
^^^^^^

Bronze Member
Username: Spankinurwoofers

GR, MI US

Post Number: 68
you looking for an suv, sports car, family sedan or what?

I'd say stick with a honda or acura, if you can find them cheap. They're one of the most reliable cars out there (might be a little more expensive though, but they're worth it).

And the whole "Don't support Toyota...they think their cars are the best...and that it should be a privilege for you to own one."

You've never driven a toyota have you?

They ARE a privilege to drive, if you've had experience driving old GM, Chrysler, and some Ford cars, old Toyotas are AMAZING in comparison. And oddly enough they are one of the most reliable and best value for your money you can get nowadays. wierd, huh?

I'd say the worst route would be to get a Chrysler product or most GM's, but hey this is just my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Mj23dynasty

Some where 12 wangin o..., The Mighty J... USA

Post Number: 688
man 08 camrys are sick if you get the one with the body kit. just spoil your self and get tht new altima coupe sexiest car out their right now for us poor folk lol

Gold Member
Username: Jtown

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1042
those new malibus are slow, or at least the one that tried to race me in my 4dr 2001 blazer, and lost.
those cruisers are fuggin ugly!!!!

get a jeep, I think they're higher quality then toyota in some cases and have ALOT more exp when it comes to all terrain and off roading

Gold Member

Post Number: 6732
YT, you must work for Toyota. Their ads must've gone to your head.
No matter, they're still U.G.L.Y as hell. They look like some idiot beeatch slapped some plastic on a toy truck.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15971
lol i got the picture. they are ugly. i thought they have that unique look to it but oh well. lol.

back to the drawing board.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1435
If you really want to open your own shop dont buy a new car. Stick to the one you have it looks and sounds clean. Save money and open the shop.

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 6165
I like FJ Cruisers and Toyota's reliability speaks for itself. I can't see it being a practical car for you though Chad. What's wrong with having an all plastic trunk? As long as you're not entering a demolition derby I think it's fine so that's a bad point to get across. If you're going to get a new car you should get something that's fuel efficient because we can all just guess that the prices will continue to rise and get even more ridiculous. Anyhow...Chad, your car only has 38,000 miles there's no reason for you to get a new car. Take it to a mechanic and have it checked out.

Silver Member
Username: Kyle_lowe

Post Number: 715
"btw my accord has 38,000 miles on it so its pretty old now."

i hope you were being sarcastic

Gold Member
Username: Pitbullguy

Ascendant Audio Arsenals, Chicago

Post Number: 2347
I can't believe it took so many posts for someone to say that^^^ i agree with LowLife.

If you really can afford a new car and you got your heart said on it then fine. But 38K is NOT old by a longshot, especially for a honda. I'd say get the problem checked out, and unless it's a major problem, have it repaired and save a ton of money as opposed to getting a new car.

As someone who works directly under a small business owner I can tell you to plan for the worst. HOPE for the best of course, but you never know how much $ it's gonna take to get things rolling, and what unexpected expenses will come up. Most small businesses don't make the 3 year mark, my boss is in his 6th year with his store and his 3rd year for the second location he opened up. He has been very successful, he would tell you...

save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $save the $ save the $save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $ save the $

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1437
" If you're going to get a new car you should get something that's fuel efficient "

I agree with Rob. I spend over 100 every week on gas. if i go out friday/saturday/sunday i'll hit 150. Well over 500 bucks every month.

Platinum Member

-apem

Post Number: 15977
true that. but sometimes a person wants change. lol.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6170
"true that. but sometimes a person wants change. lol."

We know that you're all about change Chad.

Bronze Member
Username: Drant19

TX

Post Number: 75
if u can find a not too old tahoe or avalanche. you could find a good one under or around 25k. my dads is an 05, got it for 21k a year ago and it has a 150amp alternator...that jerk

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1049
Rob is right, I spend $55 a week just in gas for my s-10 4dr blazer

Bronze Member
Username: Spankinurwoofers

GR, MI US

Post Number: 71
haha, no, i don't work for Toyota Isaac...and i agree the FJ's are ugly, but Toyotas are overall VERY reliable and efficient.

I wouldn't buy another american car until they catch up with the foreign manufacturers.

And that accord only has 38K miles!!! I thought you'd missed a zero and it was like 380K! but hey, if your selling it, how much?! That car'll last forever if you maintain it right! well, a lot longer than any american car anyways.

Silver Member
Username: Press1

Yuba City, CA USA

Post Number: 324
"They don't make 'em like they used to"

I like the FJ, and plastic...how could that be bad? Especially at today's cost of repairs.

I have a friend (I know, I know...wow) that has a new Tundra...he loves it, but he says that the metal is so thin that it dents too easily.

FYI...my Camry currently has 150K.

Gold Member

Post Number: 6734
Just be glad you don't drive H2. You could be looking at $250+ per fillup.
You know what would ge nice? If they made cars that can shut down unneeded/unused cylinders in the engine to save gas. For example, if you had V8, shut down 6 of them and use 2. Once you're up to highway speed, you don't really need all 8 cylinders.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1054
they do make hemi's like that lol...dodge uses em

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4467
" btw my accord has 38,000 miles on it so its pretty old now. "

LMAO. Sorry chad but that made me lol..........

" You know what would ge nice? If they made cars that can shut down unneeded/unused cylinders in the engine to save gas. For example, if you had V8, shut down 6 of them and use 2. Once you're up to highway speed, you don't really need all 8 cylinders. "

GM has that on some of thier V8s. The Impala is one of the cars that has it.

As for YT: you're pretty much beyond help.

And most of you guys don't work on your own vehicles do you? Thats fairly obvious as everyone wouldn't love Toyota/Honda/ and ESPECIALLY VW so much if they did.

" That car'll last forever if you maintain it right! well, a lot longer than any american car anyways. "

Yeah, good luck with that. Anybody remember the "heartbeat of america" and "like a rock" commercials that Chevy used to run for their trucks? So many of those trucks from that era are still on the road. Beat that with a POS import.......

im done now.

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
i work on jeeps with over 300k and still running strong jeep is american made and american owned. i dare you to compare the durability of that fj to jeep commander or grand cherokee

Silver Member
Username: Hurricanebr1an

Western Burbs of Chicago, IL Usa

Post Number: 255
Cars do not wear out. Parts wear out. Fenders get smashed. Rust erodes metal. Everything get replaced.

I drive a 97 camry with 200K. Open up a Consumer Reports, which tests every model on the road, and find out why.

And MS - yeah that 5 cylinder Colorado is a badazz truck and caviliers are much better cars than civics. lol.

FJ cruisers are too 1-dimensional to be practical.

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1056
like I said, and scott supports, ditch the toyota get a Jeep!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Gavbo211

JL Audio 10w3v2, IL US

Post Number: 721
I say jeep also.. especially if you're looking to do some offroading.

I myself just bought a an old grand cherokee laredo. i bought it strictly for offroading, but now i find myself driving it all the time.. they are a blast to drive.

also, it has 215000 miles on it, and is still running like a champ. not to mention it will do a sick burn out.. lol.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Turtles have four legs

Post Number: 3522
I knew this was chads thread. Just fix your car Chad. From what I know, this is the first time that I know that you ever had problems with your car.

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5578
yeah chad suck it up :-)

if you like your car keep it. if you want your wings place soon, keep it. if you just want a new car then well go for it, but dont get an Fj i think they look like a gaay mans safari vehicle, and i sure wouldnt buy one for offroad.

and is your car doing the same thing again?

Silver Member
Username: Skies

Tofino, British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 877

quote:

Just be glad you don't drive H2. You could be looking at $250+ per fillup.
You know what would ge nice? If they made cars that can shut down unneeded/unused cylinders in the engine to save gas. For example, if you had V8, shut down 6 of them and use 2. Once you're up to highway speed, you don't really need all 8 cylinders.

GM's new pickups have cell deactivation, 8 cylinder down to 4 cylinder. Quite efficient system...

Try and beat Jeep's lifetime powertrain warranty.

Older toyotas were good, wouldn't buy a new one though.. Definitely one of the most reliable vehicles and high resale value as well..

Someone here has an FJ, lifted it and put 35s on it. Doesn't look half bad, its unique but for the money you can get much better IMO.

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3183
Nissan > Toyota

Gold Member

Post Number: 6173
"Nissan > Toyota"

Lol,try telling my sister that. She owns an SE-R 2003 Sentra and the engine shot a rod a 2,000 miles rofl. It was under warranty and fixed but wow... I couldn't believe that happened. My boss has a Nissan Frontier and that thing is in the shop all the time. It's also dependent on the driver how long cars last but I should have mentioned that earlier in this thread. I've heard of Hondas having 400,000 miles a few times, I can't really say the same about any American made cars. Hmm...well, there are some really bad a ss diesels out there :-)

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 688
lmao chads car got 38000 miles and he thinks it's old...alot of people consider that just broken in

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1077
^^^yeah, I've put on 20000 miles on mine, and I will have owned it for 2 years next july

Gold Member
Username: Adddisorder

Palm Beach, Florida

Post Number: 5581

quote:

Try and beat Jeep's lifetime powertrain warranty

which is by the way LIMITED and non transferable.

Silver Member
Username: Ridinspinnas

Cayuga, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 153
Hey chad you should buy a smart car and put a system in it that would be a change lmao

Gold Member

Post Number: 6737
I only hate Toyota cause they're arrogant ba$tard$. I don't know who I ate more, crappysoft (microsoft) or crapyota (toyota). One's just money hungry leech that buys up anything good and charges an arm and a leg, and the other one, things the world owes them for making "great" cars. I say down with them both!

Gold Member
Username: Skibum12189

Cleveland

Post Number: 2140
1. ew kill yourself if you get a fj

2. don't buy a jeep, awesome and reliable, i maaaybe average 13.5 mpg driving like a grandma in mine

3. get a 2008 Fiji Blue Civic Si 4-door or a Mazdaspeed 3 or a used Mazda RX-8

Gold Member

Team Revolution, Texas

Post Number: 1089
or get a legacy!!!! forget about a civic, lol

Gold Member
Username: Nd4spd18

Northwest PA

Post Number: 4480
" And MS - yeah that 5 cylinder Colorado is a badazz truck and caviliers are much better cars than civics. lol. "

Wow you really know what you're talkin about. I said look at how many of their old trucks are still around. They've been making the colorado how how long? Oh thats right.

Try a Silverado dumbass. Here since you probably don't even know what that is:

Old commercials FTW!

And a lot of the old Blazers are still around also. In fact I have one.......

And everybody knows cavilers suck. Not surprising since that's the car they made to compete with the cheap azz imports..........

Gold Member
Username: Crayola0

2008 Nissan Versa!!, Wisconsin

Post Number: 2232
nissan ftw 2008 versa 6-spd around 17k
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us