Rear wiper damping

Username: Fred_sanford

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 10
anybody know how to stop a rear wiper arm and linkages from rattling in a hatchback? I am usually pretty good at keeping rattles down but this one just will not quit

Silver Member
Username: Torn

Post Number: 300
just take it off.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HEMIKLR

Post Number: 9084
Your always going to have some kind of rattle. Try wrapping a few rubber bands around the wiper blade. That should stop it from banging against the window.

Silver Member

Post Number: 302
i say take it off and plug the hole like my causin did, and put it back on during the heavy rain seasons.

Gold Member
Username: Logan__tille

HEMIKLR

Post Number: 9086
Well if you take it off, it kinda looks like sh!t. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 303
just use a black colored rubber plug, black basically matches any color, and i am thinking he has a honda hatch since thats what buddies call it here "A HatchBack".

Bronze Member

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 11
no its a 2006 suzuki aerio sx ( think scion xa and your close) I think I will try the rubber bands. thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Basebalz13

Moneta, Va Usa

Post Number: 91
shoot i had the same problem with my car jus took mine off and welded up the whole while i was finishing my secret project haha still aint done with it yet haha gonna be the sickest ride up on this b1tch

Silver Member
Username: Teamrevolution

ATLANTA, GA USA

Post Number: 135
Well i have a 2003 tahoe, I had 3 15" alphas tuned to 32hz. I have 3 layers of mat in my back hatch and about 3 weeks ago i noticed my wipper stoped working and now when i take sharp turns i can hear the motor rolling around in the panel so it must have snapped off. Point is if your real loud there isnt much you can do besides take it off. I matted the hell out of mine and still had problems. My back hatch is solid it doesnt flex now it just looks like the whole thing is about to come off the hinge when the bass hits.

Silver Member

Post Number: 315
well said steve.

Bronze Member

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 12
thanks guys. this car is not that loud (im running two L5 10s in slot port ) but the wiper motor is really close to the speaker box. I think that wiper may be staying home this summer!

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 781
I had that problem with my grand cherokee, and I actually took a thin flat head screwdriver and used it to push the putty from dynamat extreme into the little seams and cracks, pretty much anywhere that wasn't a solid part, and it reduced the rattles about 90%

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 512
well i had the same problem as steve miller on my old grand cherokee that i sold to jordan singleton my rear whiper quit working and when i turned or shut the liftgate you could hear a part of the motor ratteling around..there was nothing i could do to make the wiper stopp rateling...it was actually rubbing a raw spot in the paint on the back door below the window so i was forced to remove it until i sold the jeep to jordan.....my advise to you is either remove it or if it rests on your paint at least take a piece of clear tape and place it all the way under the blade inbetween the body and the blade or you will have a bare spot in the paint that isnt fun to get fixed....just my opinion though}

Silver Member
Username: Lewass

Boomfield Hills, MI USA

Post Number: 785
Yeah mines an 07 and it already has a fuzzy dull area in the paint under the wiper blade, haha.

I took a bunch of dynamat putty and stuck it in the spot where the wiper arm rests on its holder, so I can't even use the rear wiper, its stuck in place..

Silver Member
Username: Sinful_systems70

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 898
What I would do is bend the wiper arm toward the glass so the wiper blade will be pressed harder against the glass.... Easiest and cheapest way to fix it... JMO

Bronze Member

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 20
thanks guys.the wiper stays on the glass (doesnt park on the paint) .i may bend the arm and see if that helps

Silver Member
Username: Jnoel

AIM= j69noel, KY

Post Number: 514
hope we could help man

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 912
I just tryin to help, I have done this to get the wiper to clear away water properly when at high speeds(front windshield wipers) because sometimes at high speeds it will not clear water away properly and at high speeds in the rain, you want to be able to see. The only downfall is that you will go through wiper blades faster because of the added pressure on the blade, but it should take care of your problem if you bend it enough. Hope that helps...

Bronze Member

Huntsville, Alabama Usa

Post Number: 21
thanks guys. I am also going to try some bosch contour blades, because the backbone on those are solid plastic instead of metal

Silver Member

15 INCH WANG...

Post Number: 919
"No problem man" I am here to help in my free time.....
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us