Aura Audio?

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 706
I was at a friends house yesterday and his dad gave me a pair of these Aura Bass Shackers subwoofers that were just laying around in his garage. Anyone know if there any good or not? Heres their web page:

http://www.aurasound.com/

What I have is the AST-2B-4. Says their retaled at $200 each!

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 3045
Aura makes great stuff. I think that they stopped making the bass shakers awhile back. Anyways they are designed to be mounted to couches, seat backs, floors etc., and they shake whatever they are attached to and give the impression of low bass. They are not made for music, they are too slow to give a realistic impression of the bass. They are made for games and movies. I do use a ButtKicker tactile transducer on my drum stool when I am on tour and it helps alot to get a feel of the kick drum and bass guitar but for critical music listening they fall short. I also have the Aura AMP 75 that came with some of the complete shaker kits. The thing has powered a subwoofer for years in my house and I never had one problem with it and it runs ice cold.

Silver Member
Username: Kaerfpl

Spencerport, NY USA

Post Number: 707
O, cool. So how would I wire these up with my PS2? Can't say I know a lot about home audio, lol.

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, 9515 thumpin... What u bumpin?

Post Number: 3747
i had some old 6.5" Aura midrange drivers a while back they took a pretty good beating and handle power pretty good, underrated. Gave them away eventually...

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Ohio

Post Number: 3787
"O, cool. So how would I wire these up with my PS2? Can't say I know a lot about home audio, lol."

un you have to have an amp, and you wire them like regular speakers, but instead of producing noise they just shake, there really cool my friend has some in his couch coushins that he uses for surrond sound effect.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us