JL Audio 12w0 Pair Subwoofers 8 OHM

Username: Slaindreams

Post Number: 2
So.. i was looking around for decent and Cheap subs... i came across an ebay auction for 2 JL Audio 12w0 8OHM subwoofers for $125.00 ( including S&H) .. i was wondering if they would be worth buying.

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1064
Amp do you have and what kind of bass are you looking for? Sq or Spl?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 4528
Well that's a decent price so...you'll have to see for yourself.Even if they aren't what you're looking for it's still not a huge loss.

Post Number: 3
Actually i dont have anything yet.. ( sorta new to systems ) but a friend was offering his Rockford Fosgate Punch P325.2 so thats probably what i would use.Im looking for SQ more than SPL but some SPL would be nice..

Gold Member

Post Number: 4538
Adam,let us know how much you're willing to spend and we can set you up with the best budget system possible.

Post Number: 4
Alright .. At max.. im looking to spend about $1k to at MOST 1800 or $2k

Gold Member

Post Number: 4541
What do you need?HU?Speakers?Amps?Subs?I guess you want a full setup?Alternator battery and wiring?What do you have and how much power would you like to run?

Gold Member
Username: Loc_out

Santa Ana, Ca Resonant Eng...

Post Number: 1066
Adam those JL would be a great way to start a system. You can't upgrade later.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4546
Of course he can upgrade later lol.

Post Number: 5
well .. my friend has 2 MTX 15" t7500's in an enclosure ( not ported ) and has the Rockford Fosgate Punch P325.2 and a JVC H.U.( i dont know the model ) he has factory Speakers in his car .. the only other thing that he had installed was Dynamat in his trunk with the subs and His system is good from what ive heard ( then again i dont know much about systems yet ) as of right now im not looking for a Total car makeover... just a nice audio system,right now just looking for Subs,amp,H.U. and whatever i need to put it all together

Gold Member

Post Number: 4549
Are you alright with using EBAY and ordering online?That's your best bet for pricing as long as you're going to be installing yourself.

Post Number: 6
Yea im good with ebay .. ive bought My guitar stuff online.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4568
Well if you're not going to upgrade your charging system then you should run a max of 1,000 watts RMS.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4569
Headunit-
http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=5466

Subs-http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=37&osCsid=8a 26a13821b916592750ef2fc2a80509

Amp-
http://www.low-hz.com/commerce/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=21_22&products_id= 31 (Keep the gains turned down until you upgrade your charging)

Then just get an enclosure from Fisher Customs and get a wiring kit from Paul Larrea.That should be a pretty decent setup.The price on that amp may be lower as well but you should contact low-hz about it.That's what I would run but if you're on a tighter budget I'd look into a different 1-1.2K rms amp(Maybe a Hifonics but that's probably what I would do on that budget.

Gold Member

Post Number: 4572
You can also use a Pre-fabricated enclosure for a while to save on cost and then upgrade to a box custom made for your vehicle and the subs.

Post Number: 7
alright .. Thanks a bunch and Much appreciated!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us