Can someone please help with ohm loads??

Username: 07ramjam

Post Number: 10
Ok heres what I have.I have a MTX MXA 6001 and a 10" Infinity in a prefab ported box.Overall its sounds.....ok.Its a little boomy.

Heres my question.What makes a the biggest difference in a sub set-up?Would it be the sub itself or the amp?Maybe the box??

Now to my ohm question.The sub I have have only one set of speaker terminals,does this mean its only 4 ohms?Can it be wired for 2 ohms?I have a chance to pick up a RF P3 for 85.00.I think it says that its dual 4 ohm.Can that one be wired for a 2 ohm load?Im just trying to squeeze a little more out of what I have.

Thanks for any help!!

Gold Member
Username: Extrmndor3

Post Number: 6691
the sub u have is a infinity im guessing is single or dual 4 ohms but is 4 ohms for sure...

if is single u can only wire it to 4 ohms or 2 ohms if u have to subs wired in parallel....

if its dual 4o hm u can wire to 2 ohms if u wire it parralel or 8 ohms if u wire it in series

Silver Member
Username: Somedonniedude

Post Number: 141
The rockford p3 can be wired to 2 ohms (connect the 2 pos+ together and the 2 neg- together which is called parralel wiring). If the infinity is a 4 ohm sub then the only way to get a 2 ohm load on the amp is to buy another sub like it and wire it just like i said to do the rockford by wiring the pos+ together and the neg- together.

Silver Member
Username: Moey_g

SydneyAustralia

Post Number: 144
The sub, amp and box all contribute the the overall sound of the bass...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us