Good QUALITY budget setup

Gold Member
Username: Johnfiac

A-ToWn, Kingkong ain... I got Chuck ...

Post Number: 2926
My friend wants to get a nice system but doesnt want to get anything that is going to be huge, or to expensive. He basically wants to spend about 300 on a sub its for a 03 Impala. Hes looking for SQL over SPL he wants it pretty low.. any ideas on a good sub that will get decently loud? Depending on what size stock alt it has it will probally only get about 1000rms tops the amp will probally be a nice used one for about 200. Any ideas on a good sub? (he wants to be able to remove it easy so he can put grocerys back there when he goes shopping) so im thinking maybe 1 12 in about a 2.5cu box? But i was also thinking with that, how does it sound if the sub is sealed facing the seat while the port is facing the rear and isnt sealed from the cabin? (the sub is still blocked by the seat) anyone try this? If it is a good way he can do that since the grocerys wont bother the sub.

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 541
sounds like my first real system... the budget any ways.. 2 rockford p3s, hifonics brutus 1206d

Gold Member
Username: The_image_dynamic

San Diego

Post Number: 1405
I am shocked that Killa would ask a question like this. Well... you can't really beat the SD 2.5's for the price (until the new AA's come out) and that would spare up some cash for a better amp.

"Kingkong aint got sh1t on me I got Chuck Norris in da Trunk!"

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 358
Go with 1 RD elite 12"
Its 275 shipped but ben will prolly give u a deal... it will be perfect off 1000 RMS its a sql sub and I hear there great

Gold Member

Post Number: 2932
Brad lol

Well, the reason here is im trying to get alot of opionions for him to look into before just picking just 1 for him to look at. He said he wants somthing of the quality of my subs and wouldnt mind paying the bit extra for a DD3500 if i could get ahold of one of those, the only problem i see there is the DD backorder issue.. BTW, if he goes with 10's he is probally getting 2

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3164
one eclipse ti, and a mtx 801d, or 1501d, that would make a great budget setup, the ti would have to be bought used though, new i think they go for $350+ but one ebay they go around $200.

Gold Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio

Post Number: 3165
bump b1tch

Silver Member
Username: Ceoofdaroc4

Post Number: 360
Rd elite ftw!!!!!!!

Gold Member
Username: Ctmike

Ct.

Post Number: 4396
have you even heard an rd elite sub yet?

Silver Member
Username: Killswitchjd

Post Number: 603
I say two 12" type r's

Gold Member

Post Number: 2935
He doesnt want to go with 2 subs for space reasons, he wants to be able to remove it easy. He doesnt want to buy the sub used, only a amp used if its a good deal. He likes the amp im using right now (JBL BP1200.1) and might go with that since they go for about 200 used...

Silver Member
Username: 04redmach1

Columbus, GA USA

Post Number: 780
Hey John, shoot me an email, I'll see if I can come up with something for ya.

Kevin
lowhz01@yahoo.com

Gold Member
Username: Snarl2004

Audioque 12 SD2.5s, Earthquake P...

Post Number: 1320
mabey a 12" Fi.Q if not the RD
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us