Advice for first system?

Username: Bballshortie64

Post Number: 1
Just got a car and im trying to put a badass system in but dont know anything about it. So can anyone give me advice?

Gold Member
Username: Freezeman_7

C.FREE

Post Number: 1179
how much are you wanting to spend? subs, box, wiring, amp, headunit?

Post Number: 2
no more than 600 for each item

Post Number: 3
i was looking at subzero earthquakes... would they be a good buy

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 181
nah their way over priced for their quality. what ive always been told is to stick to either fi, audioque, DD, re, rd, treo and a few others that i cant think of. but you can deffinitly get better for your money than earthquakes

Post Number: 4
wat would you suggest that i buy for a 98 blazer with a budget around 4,000

Gold Member
Username: Nyyfan13

Fi SSD USA

Post Number: 5134
nice budget

how many subs? what size? how much power you looking at running? do you mind electrical upgrades? looking for sq(sound quality), sql(mix of both), or spl(loud, not very good sound quality)?

sorry for all the questions, it will just be easier to help

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1185
damn 4 grand. ok here i go, this is what i would get.

eclipse cd7100
2 dd 9515's
two memphis 4kw
diamond hex's 6.5 ( two sets )
kicker zx650.4
two runs of 1/0 gauge wire.
single run of 4 gauge wire
300 ho alt.
big three
kinetik hc2400. (two of them)

Post Number: 5
definatly looking for sql however many subs i nee, however big they got to be idk. and ium cool with making electrical upgrades

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1186
2 dd 9515's ^^^

Silver Member
Username: M0nkeyman692

Post Number: 183
lol.. definitly go with tha dd's

Post Number: 6
preciate it Freeman

Silver Member
Username: Jkidder

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 637
no^ go with 4 3515's in that blazer. with the 2 memphis 4k's also

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1187
or 4 9515's and 4 memphis 4k's

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 638
or he ran out of money already ;)

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2763
1000 on subs, 1000 on amps, 1000 on electrical upgrades, 200-300 on (wire, fuse dist blocks, little stuff), 100-400 on a box (thats if you decide to make one or have someone make one for you), a few hundred on sound deadener if you wish, your going to need some good components or loud ones to keep up with 8k. Also include money you are going to spend on tools. Its going to be a big project, especially if you decide to go with 8k of power. I also hope you have the knowledge to put together this type of system. Don't want your car to burn down. right?

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1191
yeah true, actually either the 95s or the 35s, would be a good choice. but that would be a big azs box, for 4 15's

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 639
10.6 cubes tuned to 36

Gold Member

C.FREE

Post Number: 1192
there ya go, ur all set there buddy, so does everyone agree with my choice of comps for him?

Gold Member
Username: Th3pwn3r

Post Number:...

Post Number: 2725
If this is his first system he doesn't need all of that in my opinion.Beef up your charging system get a nice head unit, nice speakers all around and then go light on the subs and amp for a first setup IMO.

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 640
berny is right. if some1 from a forum or knowlegeable person u kno lives around u. give them some cash to help. n' a box like that i'd def pay to have some1 make it unless ur really experienced. i kno i wouldnt even attempt a 7+ cube box. bracing and all types of sh!t

Silver Member
Username: Mike11202

DE US

Post Number: 604
yes he does.. get it right the first time before having to spend more money

Silver Member
Username: Quig

PgH, PA US

Post Number: 571
lol this is crazy, i dont think ive ever seen a person come on here and say im new to car audio i want to spend 4 grand on a stereo system.... PLEASE post pics/vids wen u get this shiet L O L

Gold Member

Post Number: 2726
Tyler you do not need 2 subs and 2 amps right off the bat.Try running a single 9515 if you're going to run that sub...and a single amp to it.It it's not loud enough for you then get another 9515 and another amp.The only downside to this would be you'd have to buy another box so you'd waste money on the first box for the single sub setup.

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 641
an install like that by itself is a good 600 dollars. u can do head unit and alternator and a few of the wirings but alot of that stuff is too complicated for a beginner. such as settin crossovers, installing amps and speakers. placement of speakers (tweets), wiring batts, gains, big 3. unless u plan on spending a few months learning all these things its better to have it professionally done. when do u plan on buying and r u into ebay?

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 642
rob, u want him to run the 95 at 4k+ daily? or do u think it would be btter idea to get the 2 35's like i suggested per amp? the memphis is a powerful sucker

Gold Member

Post Number: 2727
"rob, u want him to run the 95 at 4k+ daily? or do u think it would be btter idea to get the 2 35's like i suggested per amp? the memphis is a powerful sucker"

I really don't think he should run the 9515 on 4k but I think it'd be better to run two 3515s off of 1 4kw like you said and go easy on the gain.

Gold Member
Username: Bernymac

Cambodian

Post Number: 2764
for a first system, 1500rms is more than enough for the beginner. I'm not sure what the loudest you have heard, but I would definitely go off of that so we have an idea of how loud you would like to get. 8000watts is a lot of power. You're going to go through recones and theres always the security issue. You don't want $4000 worth of equipment to be stolen. I say get two subs on 1500rms of power in a good box. Depending on your equipment, if you ever feel the need to upgrade, theres always people in the online community who are willing to purchase. Start small since your inexperienced in car audio. And spend months and months of learning/researching. www.bcae1.com

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 647
good idea^

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 359
take 4000 to best buy man you could get like 20 sony exploders 15s!!!!11

Silver Member

Spring hill, Florida Usa

Post Number: 648
best idea yet^^^^ 359 posts n' he knows his sh!t! perfect example of y u dont have to be plat member to be smart as he11

Silver Member
Username: Jesse59672

OK

Post Number: 361
tell them jk!

Post Number: 9
preciate all yalls help ill b sure to post some pics of it after its finished
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help